BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 20, 2014, 01:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Activities not to be attempted in VFFs  (Read 4449 times)
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »

Having been in my VFFs or Merrells (or just in my toe socks) most waking hours the last few weeks, I found it odd to put on some old shoes to mow the lawn. Freshly cut green grass stains most shoes, and I didn't want my VFFs to have that fate.

So, which activities would you be reluctant to do in VFFs?

VFF: M46: KSO (Four colours), Trek (Brwn)x2, Trek LS (Blk), Treksport (Bk/Bk, Orange/Bk), KMDSport (Bk/Silver), EL-X (Black),
     Flow (Bk), Signa, Speed (Bk/Wht), Sprint (Wht/Blue, fake?); M47: Speed (Bk/Wht), Classic (Grey/Green, too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove (Blk), 47 VB Synth Hiker
« on: May 06, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:42:18 PM »

This has sort-of been covered before, but..........

I've done everything but ride a motorcycle in my VFF's or barefoot.  Roofing, welding, cutting/splitting wood, replaced an engine, mow, funeral(s), demo/re-modeling, rock climbing, fishing, feeding the chickens, built/installed hot water solar panels, etc...  Like I said, everything......  I do however have a pair of spare KSO Trek's and Komodo's that are reserved for the deed's that may have negative impacts on the looks of my beloved pairs Wink
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:46:01 PM by barefootin » Logged

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 05:13:17 AM »

I don't use VF's for skateboarding, doing tricks with them would ruin them in an instant, and just cruisin' around will wear down the sole rather rapidly as well, perhaps I'ld use my Treks so they would become thinner. But the main reason is I would hurt myself probably, you need that extra protection when a kickflip goes wrong  Shocked
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »

I would avoid running through a cow yard, too many land mines.  You could theoretically use VFFs for any activity that you would otherwise do shod, however there are different VFFs more suited for each type of activity.  Your reluctance to mow in yours is merely for cleanliness of the shoes.  Once they are your old pair and you have several other models in your possession, I am sure you will find them suitable for that activity as well.  
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 02:07:50 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 12:50:26 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »

Especially when they are all black like most of nowster's  Grin. I would not be worried about any staining activity with my black Sprints or Flows, I would just avoid potential shoe ripping activities, which I do not engage in a lot anyway...  Roll Eyes

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:14:05 PM »

It's a lot easier to use your foot on a spade in a thicker soled shoe.

VFF: M46: KSO (Four colours), Trek (Brwn)x2, Trek LS (Blk), Treksport (Bk/Bk, Orange/Bk), KMDSport (Bk/Silver), EL-X (Black),
     Flow (Bk), Signa, Speed (Bk/Wht), Sprint (Wht/Blue, fake?); M47: Speed (Bk/Wht), Classic (Grey/Green, too big)
kissel

kissel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 02:30:17 PM »

Construction jobsites I'm on pretty much every day frown on them.  Too many sharp edges to cut right through the fabric.

I've ridden my BMW boxer with VFFs and the gear shifting was very uncomfortable.  I would imaging a sharp lean would catch a toe on the ground, since my Alpinestars have guards on the toes for grinding on the ground.  I'll ride the Honda Helix all day in my KSOs, but the manual transmission bikes with foot pegs are too much.
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

It's a lot easier to use your foot on a spade in a thicker soled shoe.
You tenderfoot Wink, even my wife turned the soil in the garden and greenhouse in her classics and I dug many a hole wearing my trek's Grin

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 07:13:02 PM »

you can use vff for any activity that doesn't require specialized foot wear...like riding a motorcycle for instance.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

Skiing? Wouldn't want to twist an ankle or freeze to death...

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
robinhadder

robinhadder is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »

Perhaps wearing them to a funeral, like I did. Some of my family said they were very cool and they started some conversations, but my husband teased me. I had packed for a different trip and didn't have any "normal" shoes. At least they were black Bikilas! The deceased was a former marathon runner and I believe she would have thought they were cool too. Smiley
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:58 PM »

Perhaps wearing them to a funeral, like I did. Some of my family said they were very cool and they started some conversations, but my husband teased me. I had packed for a different trip and didn't have any "normal" shoes. At least they were black Bikilas! The deceased was a former marathon runner and I believe she would have thought they were cool too. Smiley

Sorry to hear....  I've worn my Bormios to two funerals and my black Trek's to one and I was a pallbearer in two of them.....  At one funeral after the service the pastor asked about the "curious foot coverings" my family was wearing.  My wife (black classics), son (black Trek LS), and daughter (black Jaya's) were also in them at the last one.  I hope it's your last one for a while..... Sad

Joel S

Joel S is a new face.

Toe wigglin'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 06:49:41 PM »

Tap dancing!

I'd toss serious/semi-serious cycling up here too.
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2012, 05:04:15 AM »

Running etc... if getting injured Ill have to sue.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2012, 05:07:19 AM »

Not VFFs but barefoot: accidentally treading on a slug. There were a fair few of them around yesterday evening when I went for a walk in my KSOs. I was very glad of the barrier between me and them.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: