BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 24, 2014, 02:26:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Backpacking the Alps in KSO  (Read 1123 times)
_CORVO_

_CORVO_ is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »

hey! Just came back from a nice tour over Livigno, the northest town of Italy! Beautiful tour through the alps. I was wearing heavy mountain boots, but...only for five minutes! Then my feet claimed for freedom and I wore my KSO. Wow. Hiking over moutains was really great. Great ground feeling, no problem with rocks (when going up), no tireness. Felt really great. Goign down has been quite different 'cause I was already tired (it was an over 10 miles hike from 6190 ft to 7439 ft altitude) and rocks were boring, but not painful. In that moment I thought  KSO Trek would work just fine in that situation.
Kso were also great to wade small creeks (I mean...just walking through the creek...the feeling of fresh water soaking feet is ... wow). Kso got dried really soon.
Here's a pic of me and my dog (and my Kso) on the top of the Alpisella Pass (7439 ft). The bike is not mine, it was full of mountain biker.
BYE!
Marco
ps: the only thing I complain about is...I had to bring my heavy boots in the backpack all the time. Next time I'll leave them home.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 06:44:20 AM by _CORVO_ » Logged
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 07:30:54 PM »

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed your trip to the alps.

I just did a hike in the Canadian Rockies and I used my KSO treks, and yes they are perfect for hiking over varied terrain. It's a little tricky to keep them dry, so if you bring a backup pair of vffs or regular trainers it helps.

I was in the Canadian forces for 5 years and have ha a lot of time doing hikes and marches in boots. After wearing vffs hiking, I realise how bad my feet had it. Any sort of a boot always turns my feet into hamburger, even when they fit 'good'. This was my first major hike without big boots, and my feet were screaming for that freedom. It was so different in my treks, and I was really happy I went for it. No blisters, or any sort of chaffing. It was fantastic!! The only time I thought about boots was on a 9km steep descent off of the last mountain on the trip. My feet ached a little bit, but by the next morning I had full mobility, and could run around. Next time, I'm leaving my boots at home!

Happy trails!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
_CORVO_

_CORVO_ is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 06:09:36 PM »

Thank you for the answer. Today enjoyed again my KSO hiking while bowshooting in the shooting camp. It's like a big park (not public park) with 3D animal shapes to hit. All in the wood, so it was a 2 km short hike through the forest. Needless to say my KSO performed great (better than me, anyway. I wasn't bowshooting since april).

YETI, I'm really interested in the KSO TREK, but this problem of keeping them dry...is holding me from buying them. I really enjoyed wading the creek with my KSO, I like the feeling of feet under cold water...so I would love to do it with the TREKs, but...if it's hard to keep them dry...I don't know. May be KSO Treksport perform better in water...and may be they dry faster...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: