BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 05:31:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bfing  (Read 3399 times)
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

The worst though is when I almost hit runners or bikers who aren't wearing the proper colors. Two nights ago, I almost hit a black man on a black bike dressed in black head on because he was going the wrong way on a one way street

This cartoonist calls those guys "Bike Ninjas."

http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2008-01-26

I completely understand what you're getting at - it's not because he's African American that there's a problem - the problem is that he is dark colored and it is dark outside, so he blends in.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »

That comic was hilarious! I just read about 6 months worth...

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 06:37:08 PM »

That comic was hilarious! I just read about 6 months worth...

That's exactly what I did when I first saw it.   Cheesy

I admit that there is a fair amount of hard-core cycling humor that I don't entirely get, but I love the mood and the characters and the parts that I do get crack me up!

Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »

Woohoo!  Another Yehuda Moon fan!

I've got it on my RSS reader, its the first thing I look at when I get to the computer in the morning.
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »

iain

iain is starting to look familiar.iain is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »

You got me into it too! Smiley I like it as i use my bike as a commuting tool so I can relate.
I've got my cast off, but my leg is still poor and vulnerable, a while yet till I'm back to cycling.  Sad

"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." Woody Allen
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2009, 12:11:10 AM »

You got me into it too! Smiley I like it as i use my bike as a commuting tool so I can relate.
I've got my cast off, but my leg is still poor and vulnerable, a while yet till I'm back to cycling.  Sad

Good luck on your recovery. Just don't rush getting onto a bike so soon. Make sure you're all healed up because getting reinjured now would mean double the rehab time and it's not worth it.

I have another 2 months till I can hit some singletrack, till then I'm riding paved paths that don't have car traffic. It's somewhat safer, but now I dodge runners, walkers, kids, dogs, and killer squirrels!!!  Shocked
iain

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2009, 09:30:22 AM »

getting reinjured
I shudder at the thought Lips sealed

barefootartist

barefootartist is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »

Iain, hope your recovery is smooth. My daughter broke her leg crashing off the bike into a loose dog, then re-broke it the day after the cast was removed...so be careful, go slow so you can go fast later! Wink
  In my younger days I rode bikes everywhere, did not even own a car until I was 29. I was hit twice, lost two nice bikes and had some bad road rash from those wrecks. Both times were hit and run, they never even stopped! Shortly afterwards we moved to the boonies and I switched to horses, they look out for EVERYTHING, sometimes too much, VBG! Once I was riding my horse on the side of a country road and a driver came so close his car scraped my stirrup!! Almost peed my saddle!  Shocked Now I am back to hiking, just have to dodge illegals Roll Eyes.....but I am sticking to my feet and the mountain trails. There is an old saying about any time you are going faster than you can run, or are higher than you can jump, you are in danger. You all in civilization risk much mingling with mechanized traffic...I send white light to you brave ones...be safe, be BRIGHT and stay aware!!
ashotis

ashotis is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

Speaking of lights, I really like it when runners wear lights at night.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't ride a bike, but I was driving home one night and this runner literally popped out of no where. Scared the shit out of me!! i remember thinking to myself, "Who does that?!" It was a female, at night, in Las Vegas. She is out of her mind. I don't run at night EVER. I barely like to leave my apartment at night!! I mean, it feels better at night especially in Vegas, but it's just plain crazy.

All you need is love!
iain

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 06:32:56 AM »

There is an old saying about any time you are going faster than you can run, or are higher than you can jump, you are in danger.

I like that saying! Ironically I was slower than I could run and lower than I can jump when I got hit. But I agree, modern times have many gears to be crushed under.

barefootartist

barefootartist is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

Great! It comes from an old horse lover who has survived many bad wrecks and 43 years of riding. For the most part when one is riding a horse, one IS going faster than one does on foot, and IS higher than one can jump. I used to teach riding safety and saddle fitting courses and this is what I told my students when they questioned wearing a helmet. Then I would take them to the tack room where I keep all my old cracked, and smashed helmets that saved my grey matter from looking like a watermelon that had been dropped off a building. That usually got the message across! A helmet costs a lot less than a brain scan.
 Back to the main subject, I am getting better at BF and VFF really help a ton here, but I am still new to it and for the most part am very careful. But as I get stronger I want to go faster! I want to play! But I still have to take it easy as I am only into my 2nd month now, but I get so excited and feel so good it's HARD to go slow, then I get a heel bruise or something and I am reminded that it will take time. Controlled exuberance! I am planning all my vacations to be at SOFT ground where I can really move out! Wink
iain

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2009, 06:00:59 PM »

I'm starting to walk on my bad leg Grin. I can do much more with one crutch now as I have a hand free, yay.

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »

I'm starting to walk on my bad leg Grin. I can do much more with one crutch now as I have a hand free, yay.

Congrats! One step at a time Smiley
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2009, 08:46:23 PM »

I can do much more with one crutch now as I have a hand free, yay.

Good to hear!  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: