BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 25, 2014, 08:08:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flag Football!!!! Which VFF's should i buy????  (Read 2873 times)
lynwoodsfinest

lynwoodsfinest is a new face.

4m/5 sets of Bench Press & Pull-ups/Ab Ripper X

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »

I'm about to start playing flag football again and i think im gonna play in some VFF's. I think they would make me incredibly faster than my cleat wearing opponents and i'm not worried about being stepped. I want some in all black or a color close to it. I currently run in my Bikila's and i love them.

Which should i get for some friendly football though? I'm thinking the KomodoSport/Trek/TrekSport

Christian/Family Man/Engineer/GMC Denali Driver/VFF Bikila Runner - 6'1":190Lbs
« on: July 05, 2011, 01:52:13 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »

Komodosport would be good, traction wise.  I know you stated that you were not overly concerned about getting stepped on, but the KSO Trek might be better for that purpose and you could always look at additional traction items such as ice creepers.  If you google it, you will see what I mean.  I see no reason why these would not slip right over VFFs. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »

I would not put metal ice creepers on for a friendly game of flag football, or almost any other sport where close physical contact is likely to happen.  Too much risk.  And as long as the grass you're playing on is soft, the cleats would probably have an edge on traction and ankle stability for sharp turns and sprints.
lynwoodsfinest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

Thanks guys! I guess it would really depend on the field itself. I workout an a field in my Bilika's and they feels great but i haven't tired it competitively. I also wondered would my feet get tired from the intense cutting and movement that i would exert playing flag football. I play Receiver/Safety

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 03:09:03 PM »

I would not put metal ice creepers on for a friendly game of flag football, or almost any other sport where close physical contact is likely to happen.  Too much risk.  And as long as the grass you're playing on is soft, the cleats would probably have an edge on traction and ankle stability for sharp turns and sprints.

I should have been more clear.  There are more than one style of ice creeper.  I certainly was not refering to the type with the long metal spikes on them, as safety of others would definitely be a concern.  There is a style that has very minor cleats on them, similar to a golf cleat.  Probably wouldn't feel great if you stepped on someone, but regular football cleats are no picnic either.

http://www.campmor.com/wcsstore/Campmor/static/images/footwear/17607.jpg
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:54:27 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
lynwoodsfinest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 04:26:07 PM »

I have something similar to those already but i think the would take away from the purpose and functionality of the VFF's.

I played tag with my 2 pitbulls in the practice field last week and i was a very nimble and quick piece of machinery(wearing Bikila's) so i think i will try some KomodoSport and see how many touchdowns and interceptions i can get:) lol

blueblur

blueblur is a new face.

Barefoot is freedom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »

I remember playing flag football in middle school (where I live that is grades 6-8) and remember breaking my arm when no teachers were around because some kid was being funny and made it tackle football while no teachers around. Just be careful is all I'm saying.
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:47:01 AM »

Spyridon. But they are not out yet

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
dantheman4461

dantheman4461 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »

I would definitely suggest the Komodo Sports for that.

Vibram...Five...Fingers...nuff said.
JC74

JC74 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:34 AM »

I definitely feel that VFFs are not the appropriate footwear for any form of football.  That is definitely not enough protection for the toes...  Unless of course everyone else out there will be in VFFs also.

Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, Black/Silver/Grey KomodoSport, Black/White Speed
runner92037

runner92037 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »

I would agree with JC74 since some people will probably have cleats on.
Aiea

Aiea is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 02:04:34 AM »

See, the cleats I remember from when I played field hockey back in HS (and still have tucked back in my closet somewhere) don't have much more protection over the top than my vff's. Why would being stepped on in vff's worse than being stepped on while wearing cleats? Or do cleats come with padded tops now?

Jaya x2 (black, white) Classic x3 (mauve, storm, smartwool) Performa x1 (black)
Komodosports x2 (black/gold, purple LS) Bikala x1 (blue LS) KSO x2 (palm green, black)
Vivo Barefoot (blue EVO, black Isis)
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 09:43:41 AM »

Every pair of cleats I own have a solid top, some have leather, most have a toe plate.  It is more protection than vff's, provides a larger surface to spread the force of the step over, and the rounded shape will promote glancing blows.  If someone catches you on a toe with a cleat it is going the focus the entire force onto that single toe and snap it like a twig. 

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: