BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 21, 2014, 11:55:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you found that VFF's make you want to run?  (Read 2959 times)
Douglas

Douglas is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »

And I'm not talking about a trot around the block...I mean you wanna run from your car to the movie theater, you wanna run from the store to your car.  Honestly, if I didn't think I'd kicked out, I grab my hairspray at Target, bolt to the DVD section to check out some movies, then sprint up to the register.  I've always been an active guy, but never cared to run...it's amazing to me how the mere act of freeing up my toes has made my body WANT to run.  Anyone else have experiences like this?
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:58 PM »

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »

The VFF's put a child-like spring in your step.  However, bare is still the most invigorating for me.  Welcome to the family.

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Douglas

Douglas is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:30:16 PM »

@barefootin

Nice avatar...looks like your VFF's have gotten so worn out they're practically see-through!  BTW your sig line has "the" where it should be "they" ;-)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »

@barefootin

Nice avatar...looks like your VFF's have gotten so worn out they're practically see-through!  BTW your sig line has "the" where it should be "they" ;-)

Those are my sneakers, they are cheaper than my shoes Wink

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:54:25 PM »

Peter

Peter is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 11:51:07 PM »

Duh ... running!
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »

Douglas

oh yes.

Jason

Sarge

Sarge is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:32:36 PM »

The VFF's put a child-like spring in your step.  However, bare is still the most invigorating for me.  Welcome to the family.

Totally agree, I ran in some komodos for the first time this morning..took it easy and managed to smash my mile personal best! Go figure?
Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »

the fiirst time i ran in my komodos i was pretty giddy myself(fiance said i was giggling and laughing like a school girl). and i do share the feeling of wanting to run everywhere.
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 05:52:11 AM »

Oh yes definitely - they are the reason I've tried to get into running. They are so light compared to  most shoes, so natural. Same with my Vivo Barefoots making me want to walk more - and I do - I enjoy them most on dirt tracks and gravelly paths.

Though wearing my KSOs also makes me peeved because I want to run even more in them, but am held back due to lack of endurance/Morton's toe/ etc other issues I'm still trying to figure out. (see other threads...!)

They also make me want to try running completely barefoot but with the weight I put on my 2nd toe balls I'd probably bust a 2nd metatarsal - perhaps in good time...!  Smiley

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
CaenasKomodo

CaenasKomodo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2011, 04:40:46 AM »

Just registered and yes, I feel I want to run everywhere..
My Komodos have changed my feelings for running.. (at least at the moment!)

"new to VFF"
Steven/PA

Steven/PA is a new face.

Love My KSOs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 07:12:13 AM »

They make me want to run all the time!!!

Steven
www.huskyrunning.blogspot.com
ems

ems is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »

Beware. They too mad me want to run everywhere and i did, miles and miles for m nths and months, fantastic. Now I haven't been able to run porperly for months and months Cry. I did far to much far too quickly and have an injury in one knee that won't go away no matter how much i rest.
Not the shoes' fault of course, but mine
So now
i've taken up mountain biking Grin
Johnny Barefoot

Johnny Barefoot is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 03:39:36 PM »

Ever since I got my Bikila's, I think about and want to run all of the time!  It's crazy how often I think about it.  When I am running in my VFF's I'm thinking about ripping off my VFF's and going barefoot for the rest of the way.  However, I pace myself and listen to my body and my feet as to when might be the best time to shed the shoes and use the cheapest and best form of running shoes available to me and only me...my feet!
pjgh

pjgh is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 04:18:25 PM »

Yeah! They feel fantastic! I'm not a runner ... I'm a walker. I walk some tough terrain and some serious uphills ... and I've started running sections of my walks when it looks like it will be fun. When I get home I rinse them off (cow, horse, sheep, rabbit and dog mess Wink, dry them off and wear them around the house. I run everywhere ... so much grip.

I am barefoot most of the time around the house, but have taken to wearing VFFs just to get used to the feel for outdoor walking. I have taken to VFFs with no problem (and I think that's down to me being barefoot so much) ... I love going out and about in them ... I love being in. My huaraches have taken a bit of a back seat - they have limitations for the walks I do.
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 04:15:49 PM »

This is funny, because I totally and completely agree! I've had mine for just a few days now and every chance I get to break out into even a light jog I take it!

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: