BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 02, 2014, 12:31:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoop Dancing!!!  (Read 988 times)
Desanera

Desanera is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »

Hi all,

I'm surprised no hoopers have ended up here - I do hoop dancing (with an adult sized and weighted hula hoop, but I hate using the word hula), and most of the hoop tribes (who can afford them) wear five fingers - most of us learn how to hoop barefoot, and we do that when we can, but my specific tribe is based in NYC, and I'm just not going barefoot in Central Park. Eww.

The hoop tribe I hang out with most is the Hoop Path, and we do blindfolded hooping, so you know how important it is to feel the ground and control the balance under those conditions!

Someone took a picture of all our five-fingered feet at the last Hoop Path retreat, I shall try and see if I can get a copy and post it - but that is why I bought mine.

Of course, I refuse to take them off until the weather gets cold (I have classics)- which is why I have a rubber/fabric separation now. Pout. hopefully the glue will fix it.

Barefoot (sorta) in NYC -
Des
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:18:57 AM »

morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »

a ha! thats what i thought hoop dancing was. i do grass dancing with a local lodge. pretty neat stuff. but i typically go barefoot. maaybe now that i have my treks ill wear them? maybe

Happy dancing!!  Smiley

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:47:46 PM »

Cool!  I look forward to seeing the pictures!

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
globix99

globix99 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

I do hoop dancing, as well. I love to hoop barefoot, because it's uncomfortable and more difficult is typical gym shoes.  However, no matter how hard we've tried we can't get rid of all the sticker burs in our backyard. So, vibrams would be great for that. Smiley
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:51:51 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: