BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 06:12:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Been A long time coming...Vibram Rules  (Read 1574 times)
Acesa

Acesa is a new face.

VFFFL - Komodo's Rock

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

The story is a long one but I must say I have been searching for the perfect driving shoe for a long time. I can't stand heavy standard shoes. They have to be light, able to provide support, last a long time, not to distort the feel of under foot objects. I started with ( A long time ago) with soft sole shoes. The problem they have NO support, wet effects the performance, and they wear out fast. Moccasins, shoes, boots the hole enchilada and no dice on satisfaction. Finally I became aware of the ( I won't say the word I will abbreviate) the F.S.T 2.0 shoes . They were almost it, but still no cigar. Finally on the advice of a close and very wise friend I went all in for the Vibram. It's the difference between Miata and the Cobra. O.M.G. Eureka, I found the perfect shoe for driving and walking.  So I went and bought the KOS, SPYRIDON. ( Pictures to follow since camera and computer are not speaking to each other at the moment). However when you spend a lot of time behind the wheel of a vehicle  feel, fit and comfort are paramount. They do (SPYRIDONs) get a lot of comments and questions and attention, 99% of them are positive. Yeah some ribbing, wise cracks, come in there too but, toughy darts to those that have know idea. So For me "Vibram" Rules and driving became much more enjoyable as it should be and always was for me without discomfort. =0)  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 10:27:31 PM by Acesa » Logged
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

Nugget

Nugget is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »

My only complaint is that Vibram do not make a Nomex version so I can't use them when racing.  They're my standard wear for HPDEs and open track days, though.

Find me on RunKeeper - I own eight pairs of VFF in seven different styles - I'm hooked
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »

I drive barefoot all the time....alot better than having shoes on.  You should try it unless you have to wear shoes to drive.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
Acesa

Acesa is a new face.

VFFFL - Komodo's Rock

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »

I drive barefoot all the time....alot better than having shoes on.  You should try it unless you have to wear shoes to drive.

Hee hee , you guessed it , I have to have well gripping soled shoe on while driving. Does not state that they can not be a toe shoe. If am in my own vehicle, then it is bare feet and toes.  I have a 95 3000 GT and oh yes it barefooting time then. The pedals are really close to one another and bare foot is the best way to drive in that car. Trucks, Buses and so forth they get the Viram Komodos closes thing to barefoot I can get.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 05:54:51 PM by Acesa » Logged
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »

Acesa

Acesa is a new face.

VFFFL - Komodo's Rock

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:25 PM »

My only complaint is that Vibram do not make a Nomex version so I can't use them when racing.  They're my standard wear for HPDEs and open track days, though.

A sport they should look into, that needs a special made shoe. I can't believe they would not consider it. I do not race, but drive a performance car and the need is there for sure. Drivers need a shoe like this to enhance there driving experience. I totally agree, we need a shoe that can handle the sport! =0)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: