BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 30, 2014, 03:14:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Physical Therapy  (Read 1180 times)
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »

My physical therapist was interested in my KSOs and made me show the rest of the staff there my VFFs. They were all like do you run in those? They were pretty open minded about VFFs and think they're going to be big. I have a month to convert the staff to VFFs LOL.
« on: September 18, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »

AlanT

AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.AlanT is highly regarded.

Run, eat, sleep, repeat...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:45:29 AM »

Well done, Hawkeye!

Alan

Barefoot Journey blog: http://thwaits.wordpress.com/
ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »

You'd think they'd be apprehensive about anything that'd take business away from them.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

Podiatrists don't like VFFs, that takes away their business, but physical therapist should like them. I don't think it takes away from their business in the same way. Anyway, they were surprised about the lack of "support".
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:49 AM »

desaulniers

desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.desaulniers is a regular 'round here.

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »

My podiatrist wasn't against them so much as he'd never seen anything like them. I started to explain the benefits and he seemed pleased that I took the health of my feet seriously. Most of his clientele seems to be older folks or people with severe injuries, so I don't think he would care if the sneaker market disappeared and people stopped complaining about their knees and arches.

Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »

I'm thinking the people who sell orthotics aren't fans of VFFs. This guy at a store told me that my VFFs were bad for my feet. He said that his podatrist friend said that it isn't good to walk on your forefoot so much and the pressure put on them would be bad. I just smiled and nodded. My feet feel fine and my knees don't hurt when I run, so bollocks to his podiatrist friend. If you haven't tried VFFs how can you judge them? That was the only person who didn't like my VFFs.
LinuxRacr

LinuxRacr is a new face.

I run from coyotes barefoot!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 01:48:39 AM »

My podiatrist looked at me with underlying disdain, when I walked into her office with them.  Didn't want to hear much about them at all, and was like, "That's ok.."
FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 10:18:43 AM »

To all those non-believers....

"Resistance is futile"

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: