BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:10:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skydiving in my ninja KSO's  (Read 946 times)
Mojo

Mojo is a new face.

Stinky hippie

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »

Went skydiving for the first time today and wore my trusty black KSO's.  Had a fantastic time.  I loved the nearly barefoot feeling of the air rushing across my feet.  I think it wouldn't have been anywhere near as much fun with bulky shoes on my feet. Grin

I was worried about my KSO's getting ripped off my feet (since I was going to be hitting speeds of 120 MPH), but I tightened them a little more than usual and didn't have any issues.  I think they would have been fine even if I hadn't done the extra tightening, though.  They felt good and secure.  They made for a great, stable landing, too.  My tandem instructor and I were the only ones of the group that jumped to land on our feet (everyone else was on their butts or knees). Cheesy

Funnily enough, my tandem jumper just bought his daughter a pair of aqua KSO's.  He said she loves them but wants black ones (aqua was the only color she could get) since they'd go with all her clothes.

12 pairs of VFF's: 6 KSO (1 grey/palm, 1 blue/camo, 2 black & 2 grey/fuchsia), 2 Classic (black & lilac), 2 Bikila (magenta/orange & silver/verde), 1 Speed (black/white), 1 Sport Trek (Champagne/Red) Proud vegan
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »

eegore

eegore is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:22:55 AM »

I skydive in my Sprints and they stay on just fine.  The wind doesn't "pocket" enough under the sole to rip them from my toes and I bet a tight fitting pair of Classics would even stay on. 

To control test a chute I cruise in low over water and dip my toe in skimming it over the top, that will rip the rubber from the cloth on VFF's.  With no protection I broke my toe.  I have to use Tevas to skim with any resistance. 
Mojo

Mojo is a new face.

Stinky hippie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »

Good to know.  Thanks, eegore. Smiley

I wear KSO's almost exclusively, so I probably won't be trying out other styles, but it's good to know that I don't have to tighten mine down so much.  I was just worried the first time out that I'd lose one (or both) of my favorite shoes if I didn't.  Cheesy

12 pairs of VFF's: 6 KSO (1 grey/palm, 1 blue/camo, 2 black & 2 grey/fuchsia), 2 Classic (black & lilac), 2 Bikila (magenta/orange & silver/verde), 1 Speed (black/white), 1 Sport Trek (Champagne/Red) Proud vegan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: