BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 09:26:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The first thing I DON'T like to do in VFF's  (Read 4133 times)
Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »

I just came to a conclusion:  I don't like sitting around in my VFF's.  Not for long, anyway. 

It seems like when I'm in motion, they are the best thing ever.  I've been wearing my KSO's and Bikilas to the office, though, and sitting at a desk in them for long ends up feeling clammy and less comfortable than regular shoes/shocks/sandals.  Both models I have breathe well, but when at rest the individual toes seem more like a limitation than a freedom.  Injinjis help with the clamminess, but make the VFF's even tighter and more "trapped" feeling.  As soon as I get up and walk around, I'm back in love.  Sadly, that's not an option much.  Neither is going barefoot, which would be best of all!

Has anyone else felt this way?  Is it any different with the leather Treks or the open Classics? 

"Buy me a Bushmills, I'll sing you a song."
« on: May 27, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »

marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:55:12 PM »

i love sitting around w the classics - very comfortable

toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »

I concurr with Marley....I like the classics for sitting around at work! Smiley

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 04:14:36 PM »

Treks aren't that bad if the room has decent temperature control.  They can get hot fast.  That is why I am wearing my classics now to avoid that issue.  Plus I don't want to be wearing Treks in 80+ degree weather.
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 04:14:36 PM »

Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »

Well, that's already 3 Classics endorsements.  Is the fabric in their upper different from the KSO's?

ubermetroid

ubermetroid is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:58 PM »

Well, that's already 3 Classics endorsements.  Is the fabric in their upper different from the KSO's?

um........   Roll Eyes  Think about it.
balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27:08 PM »

The above post did make me giggle a little.  I think what the above poster is referring to is there is no material on the upper.  It is as close to barefoot as you can get and if you are comfortable sporting the openness.  I think the ladies pull it off better because they have similar shoes in that style.  Us men have to be comfortable with our foot wear to pull it off.
Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 04:47:28 PM »

Haha!  I asked for that I guess.  Roll Eyes  My bad...I should have asked that differently:  
Is the fabric of the upper (toes, sides, heel) on the Classic A DIFFERENT TYPE OF FABRIC than on the toes of the KSO?  

I realize the mesh is gone, the strap is gone, the opening is larger...  All of those things would obviously contribute...I was just wondering if the cloth covering the toes is lighter or something than what I have been wearing today (KSO).  I must confess some hesitance about the girlish cut of the Classic, but have outgrown worrying too much about what others may think.  Except my wife--she gets a vote.  

bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

Yeah, unless the room is really cool (borderline cold), I don't like sitting around in KSOs because there isn't any absorption of foot moisture and stuff.  My feet just feel kind of hot.  I bet classics would be nice.
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 07:08:14 PM »

for what it's wroth anderson i knew what you meant and i believe they are of the same materials

Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 09:17:28 PM »

Thanks, Jimmy.  I knew what you meant by "wroth" too.  Some of us are just good at reading between the lines...   Grin

I see some Classics out there in my size.  I may check again next time I have any money and go try some on, since there are threads that cast doubt on the "KSO+1" sizing.  Meanwhile, it's back to Doc Martens during the day I guess.  All of the feedback appreciated!

inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »

I'm not a fan of sitting in the office in VFF either, but MOCs have been my weapon of choice against the dreaded clam-up (not clambake... Elvis or seafood are very appropriate in VFF). Mocs, with their thin perforated leather, are the most breathable of all my models. Much of the time, I will slip the heal of whatever model I am wearing and give them a breath of fresh air. I've wandered into work barefoot a couple of times during rain storms, but the reception was luke warm at best.

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
irie

irie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:50 PM »

I'm not a fan of driving long distances in my sprints. I end up driving barefoot most of the time.
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37:20 AM »

yes driving in the classics is worse to me than in the sprints.  the tab on the classics digs into my achilles too much when i'm in the car. 

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 02:20:37 AM »

That's interesting.  I like driving in my classics and have never had trouble with the back tab.    I also agree with the other posters that classics are really comfortable for just sitting at around at your desk at work. 
Moving is better, but that's so often the case regardless of shoes or not.  My only issue with the classics is in winter they are too cold.  Needless to say I'm planning on getting the smartwool version when it's released.     

Laura
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: