BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 24, 2014, 04:26:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Warrior Dash - Help me decide which VFF to wear.  (Read 3483 times)
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:15:08 AM »

I've always wanted to do a Tough Mudder or Warrior Dash race. Well, as luck would have it there is going to be one held near me in August! I'm so excited - these things look like so much fun. If you've never heard of the Warrior Dash see the below link. There will be some nutty people that just want to have a good time with live music, food and drink after the race.

As far as foot wear goes, I'm torn between my Flows and Sport Treks. I know I'll be wet and in the mud a lot so the Flows would make sense. However, the Sport Treks should have better traction in the sloppy stuff. Not sure what to wear at this point. From watching the videos of the race, it looks like people wearing normal running shoes don't get much traction anyway, so not sure if the Sport Treks will make much difference. I'd like to hear your guys' opinions.

http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

Rgs, Jeepman

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
« on: May 29, 2011, 03:15:08 AM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 03:17:45 AM »

Oh, and by the way, I will not be wearing a kilt during the race. Just wanted to clear that up front.  Cheesy

Rgs, Jeepman  Grin

sweetbaboo

sweetbaboo is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »

I 2 am doing the warrior dash in august,, wouldnt be the one in NC would it?!?!, i bought some treksports for the occasion and have been training in them. You outta give the kilt a try, might be fun LOL Grin
Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »

I 2 am doing the warrior dash in august,, wouldnt be the one in NC would it?!?!, i bought some treksports for the occasion and have been training in them. You outta give the kilt a try, might be fun LOL Grin

I'll be doing the one in Indiana. I'm so looking forward to it!

Rgs, Jeepman

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:31:58 PM »

Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 07:51:22 PM »

I had another thought. Since going minimalist or barefoot I really don't like things under my arch. The Warrior Dash has a few cargo net climbs and I can only imagine how much that is going to hurt in VFFs. I'm kind of leaning toward wearing my NB Trail Minimus.  Undecided

Rgs, Jeepman

MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »

I'm 6'1 260 and did fine in flows

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

I was up on a ladder cleaning out my gutters wearing my KSOs. I lasted about 2 minutes before I put on another pair of shoes. I can't stand having pressure pushing on my archs - it hurts me real bad. On a related note, I did a test run of 5K / 3.1M and by mile 2 my form had gone to crap. I don't see myself running the race in the Minimus. I think the Sport Treks will have to do.

Rgs, Jeepman

Cheese

Cheese is a new face.

It's what I do.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:23:16 PM »

Ran BeachPalooza 5k - a race created by the same promotion company as Warrior Dash in my KSOs- this was no big deal. I understand the obstacles on warrior dash should be more difficult.

I also ran the 2011 Colorado Tough Mudder 15k (approx) in my Komodo Sports. Running, jumping, climbing, swimming- all no problem- running downhill for long spans= total suck fest.

You can read my total write up on the TM at the link below.

Running Tough Mudder

With that said, for 5k I'm not really that worried. I'll probably run the Komodos again when I run the Warrior Dash with my wife at Copper Mountain in August.

Phil

Saying "5716 People entered a race, and I beat 5021 of them" is way cooler than telling people you came in 695th"
Jessekuhs

Jessekuhs is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 12:00:35 PM »

I ran the Ruckus back in early June in my KSOs.  That worked out awesome.  I'll be doing the Spartan Sprint in late August and wearing them again!

Jessica
South Shore, Massachusetts
New to VFFs and loving them!
xtrain_willy

xtrain_willy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »

I did an April Mudder in KSOs.  They were awesome but traction and thin soles can suck.  I just bought Treksports for next Mudder in fall and they are amazing.  Wear socks and this model and you will be hauling @ss over any shoe coffin warrior dasher.
Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:25 PM »

I'm offically signed up. My start time is 4PM on Aug 13th. I'm looking forward to it. If this goes really well, then I will sign up for the Tough Mudder in November. The only part of the Tough Mudder I'm not looking forward to is the cold water. The only thing I can think of is major shrinkage.

george costanza - i was in the pool

MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:01 AM »

I was up on a ladder cleaning out my gutters wearing my KSOs. I lasted about 2 minutes before I put on another pair of shoes. I can't stand having pressure pushing on my archs - it hurts me real bad. On a related note, I did a test run of 5K / 3.1M and by mile 2 my form had gone to crap. I don't see myself running the race in the Minimus. I think the Sport Treks will have to do.

Rgs, Jeepman

To each his own. I hand dug 200' of irrigation ditch in KSO's. That's about 12"x12" with a shovel and trending shovel. All arch. But I am not too smart!

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »

August 13th, 4PM start time for my group. Should be a blast.

Rgs, Jeepman

pedalpavementpounder

pedalpavementpounder is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:46 AM »

I did the Minnesota one today - which I guess is rumored to be one of the more difficult ones - and also the largest one in history, despite it being the first time in MN that they've done it! 

I wore my KSO's with a pair of Injinji's - and they performed beautifully.  It was a little slick on a few hills, but no big issues.  I saw several others there in VFF - mostly KSO, but a couple Bikilas, a couple Sprints, even a Komodo! 

Great fun, will try to post a pic later!
sicoraf87

sicoraf87 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21:30 AM »

I did the one in arizona back in april with my kso's, they worked great until I got to rocks where I felt them under the the feet but didnt really made me stop. One thing I noticed is once you get to the mud your vff doesnt get heavy like they would in regular sneakers.Go with the kso's

The meaning of life is to give life meaning
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: