BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 22, 2014, 01:49:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tree Climbing :)  (Read 2772 times)
Elluzion

Elluzion is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

So recently got my KSO's and I got to test them out in a tree a couple of days ago. It was an awesome experience! I feel that the VFF's are the perfect shoe for this type of activity. I have a somewhat of a grip on the tree branches, and can "feel" the tree more to communicate with it. With regular vans I feel that it is more dangerous. I had an awesome time.

Anyone climb trees in VFF's? If so, share your experience! Cool
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:48:13 PM »

My first tree climb was at a family picnic. I had some fancy idea of slinging one end of a hammock high in the tree and attaching the other end lower to create a seat. My Flows gave me the grip I needed to fly up the branchless lower section of the trunk... like a monkey. I was all smiles until I turned to head back down the way I came up. Down is always harder. Good times... good times.

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
Barefootmagic

Barefootmagic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »

Omg Shocked I went to the beach like last week and I had a ball climbing all the trees I could.  My sprints gave me all the grip I needed and more! I hevent felt that good in a while!
quadjr4

quadjr4 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »

Im totally trying that today    Grin Grin
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »

I feel a need to go find a good climbing tree... 

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »

Same here.

BTW, to the person who went to the beach, was it easy getting all the sand out by just washing?  Or did you find lingering grains later while walking/running?
orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »

The first run I took in my KSOs lead me straight up a tree; I couldn't resist the temptation! The tree was quite slanted, of course, but it was still fun!

inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 12:02:21 PM »

BTW, to the person who went to the beach, was it easy getting all the sand out by just washing?  Or did you find lingering grains later while walking/running?

I first thought that cleaning sand out was a non issue while in Hawaii. A day at the Polynesian center showed me otherwise. A grain of sand in my pinky toe pocket caused such a ruckus, causing my toe to become inflamed, that I had to go barefoot for half the day. At least I fit in with the staff who mostly went barefoot.  Wink

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
Barefootmagic

Barefootmagic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:14 PM »

Same here.

I had no problem with my sprints and a pair of injiji's.  My Kso's seem to let more sand in I dont know why Huh  as far as cleaning goes I think just putting them toe up in a bucket of water to let the sand fall out worked for me.
Scoutleaderky

Scoutleaderky is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 02:22:13 PM »

My Son used his to climb a climbing wall at a local festival.  He had no problem going up the wall.  I plan on doing some climbing with them this summer.
Adam C

Adam C is starting to look familiar.Adam C is starting to look familiar.

Free Weezy Baby!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:34:36 PM »

Pictures of this tree climbing freedom? 

I LIKE TURTLES!
mrdiko

mrdiko is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »

I found a pic of me in a tree in october last year.  I was trying to retrieve my boomerang...which I successfully did.
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 10:39:49 PM »

Cool pic!  Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2010, 08:06:08 AM »

i know theyre not as fun, but we used to have a 100ft pine tree in my backyard. i could see for miles around from the top.  Grin

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Primal1337

Primal1337 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 10:27:07 PM »

Did some tree climbing today in my VFF Sprints and it was great.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: