BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 01:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Vffs for hunting  (Read 4982 times)
Castle Grok

Castle Grok is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »

I saw the scratches on your legs, I can imagine what would have happened to KSOs.  Shocked

Surprisingly nothing happened to the Sprints that day! That was from Devils Club. A friend and I climbed down a cliff (his idea I knew what was coming) to find ourselves in a few hundred yard field of it with no other options. The only way through was to step on the stalk/stem. The needles never punctured the soles. The red colored blackberry bushes hunting were way worse. The thorns are like steel!

Our legs were burning like CRAZY! The picture was after I cleaned up.
http://castlegrok.com/mountaineering-in-five-fingers/

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 02:40:02 AM »

run2live

run2live is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

Castle Grok, awesome post, you are an inspiration!! WHat part of the country are you in. We don't get to use "firesticks" in TN until November. I am looking very forward to it. Good luck w/ the elk!!!
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 03:40:56 PM »

WHat part of the country are you in. We don't get to use "firesticks" in TN until November.

Thanks! I'm a meat hunter, so I don't care what I get as long as it was breathing and has fur. I hate getting plopped into the hunter stereotype, because that's not me as all. I tell people I have a more Native American approach to hunting.

Washington State. We have a short early seasons here for both species.

Thanks again! Good luck to you also. I have a cold I need to completely kick here in a hurry!

Zyzzyx

Zyzzyx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »

Where at in WA?  By your photos, nowhere near me. I'm out here in the desert in Richland/TriCities.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »

Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 12:16:54 AM »

Where at in WA?

Nope you're in one of those whole other climates we have in this awesomely diverse state.

Longview area.

ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:37 AM »

Hmm. Simply because of my newfound addiction to this footwear, it is likely that when I kill an animal using persistence hunting, Vibram FiveFingers will be my weapon of choice.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 02:24:57 PM »

Vibram FiveFingers will be my weapon of choice.

It's a good one Smiley

run2live

run2live is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Castle Grok, I am a meat hunter mostly as well. I also enjoy the commadry of hunting w/ my family esp. my dad. We use a variety of techniques but my favorite is much like yours the old Native American still hunting and ground sitting. Don't count yourself out of the hunting community it isn't all like you see on TV most of us kill for food.
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »

Don't count yourself out of the hunting community it isn't all like you see on TV most of us kill for food.

Around here there is a certain ego that generally accompanies hunting. Thats ok... it's their thing, just not a group I like being lumped into automatically.

Many others "hunt for meat" but half of them don't even really eat it, they end up giving it away. Many are pepperoni hunters. They shoot all this big game, have it made into pepperoni sticks and go buy steaks and roasts from the store.

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 09:23:28 PM »

I miss deer jerky and deer sausage ever since my Dad went overseas .
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »

You can't go get some yourself?

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 04:53:45 PM »

You can't go get some yourself?

I don't hunt and I don't plan on buying any. I'll just wait till he gets home.
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 06:57:38 PM »

Quote from: Hawkeye
I don't hunt and I don't plan on buying any. I'll just wait till he gets home.

Probably be million dollars in the store. If you could even find it.

ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 07:30:35 PM »

Our local deer butcher sells deer jerky. Some people just enjoy hunting and don't want to waste meat they won't eat, so the donate the deer to him. He takes care of the whole process and turns around and sells the deer jerky and bologna for fairly cheap.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
Castle Grok

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »

The first video is up.

See it here:
http://castlegrok.com/kill-to-eat-intro/

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: