BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 20, 2014, 01:55:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 98550 times)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »

Went to the track and ran with my flows, then i ran a couple laps barefoot. The track feels therapeutic and good.

Hey vffjeeper, glad to see a post.  It's been a while!  Hope all is well and your handeling the floods and rain ok!   Other than losing some fence and having some of the Twp. park's bridge end up in my back yard, we did good.

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2011, 10:25:52 AM »

Yea, I dont live near any streams or creeks but I was driving on the highway during the flooding and saw some amazing flooding around york and lancaster.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
swtmdmboo

swtmdmboo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »

So, I just spent the day walking around Six Flags in GA in my Sprints.  Loved feeling the ground beneath my toes.  Saw quite a few VFF wearers, but the percentage of wearers was towards the guys - I only saw 3 women in them.

My feet are a bit tired, but it was worth it. Smiley
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »

Did a 12k run today in my lunas. I ran out of the river valley today, found a rooted, but smooth trail, ran a couple kilometres on it and ran back down the hill. It felt awesome, but I was slow, might have had something to do with going out with friends for drinks after work yesterday. The knee held up until the end and got a bit sore at the 12k point. I could have kept going but opted to play it safe.

It was a great outing!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2011, 09:45:20 PM »

ZBhockey

ZBhockey is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2011, 10:46:11 PM »

I helped my girlfriend's parents move into their new house over the weekend. I wore my Sprints all day Saturday and my Speeds today. They live at Norris Lake in TN so it was all walking up/down hills and stairs. I'm a bit out of shape but my feet feel great.
Olarte

Olarte is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2011, 12:40:57 AM »

I ran around gorvernors island in NYC with 300+ other minimalist/BFR,

Including all the greats, Chris Mcdugal, Michael Sandler, Barefoot Ted, Barefoot Ken Bob, Dr. liber an and others.

Needless to say, I will be on cloud 9 for the next few days Smiley

Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.

The Journey is  the reward...
John

John is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2011, 12:56:42 AM »

Been workin on parkour in my vff's. Taking it slow.
equiraptor

equiraptor is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »

Yesterday I moved a rolled car back onto its wheels, then put out a grass fire under another car and towed it back to its pit off road. I think those were the two most exciting near-barefoot (VFFs) things I did this weekend, but there was a lot of towing broken racecars.

Sprint Slate/Lichen W39 (first pair, too big), Jaya LR Almond/Copper W37, Bikila LS Black/Grey W37, SmartWool Classic Charcoal W39 (also roomy, but that's nice with the EcoStep sole), W38 KSO Trek Black
mattk_r

mattk_r is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »

Let's see... I drove to work, putted around the office and production floor, lots of stairs, worked out in the gym at lunch, drove home, worked in the garage for a while, made dinner, collected eggs, fed and watered the chickens, checked the mail... hmm, that's about it?  But then this is a pretty normal day for me and my VFF's!  Grin

And I always thought toes were useless... at least till I got my VFFs.
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2011, 08:45:57 PM »

Let's see... I drove to work, putted around the office and production floor, lots of stairs, worked out in the gym at lunch, drove home, worked in the garage for a while, made dinner, collected eggs, fed and watered the chickens, checked the mail... hmm, that's about it?  But then this is a pretty normal day for me and my VFF's!  Grin

Sounds like a typical day in my life when I'm in town and not traveling on business, except my daughter takes care of the chickens... Cheesy 

My day; up early, finished soldering the pressure caps on my next solar heat manifold (ready for the roof this weekend) and caught a flight only to sit in Chitcago on a delay......

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2011, 10:35:09 PM »

Yesterday, I ran the Peace Arch Rotary Club Half Marathon in South Surrey, B.C.  I was the only VFF runner.  Got a lot of questions about them, but they all seemed wary of trying a "funny-looking shoe with no cushioning..."

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 28, 2011, 08:54:20 AM »

Ran 4.25 miles in my bikila ls yesterday after lifting weights for almost an hour.  I have been hitting it hard lately! I lost the 15 pounds I gained in the past year living with my bf (who I am no longer with) just over the past 3 months.  My goal now is faster, better, stronger!

I feel great and I love it!

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 28, 2011, 09:09:33 AM »

jmijares, nicely done! I'm aiming for a half for next summer. Just got my winter running gear all sorted out so I can run through the cold Alberta winter. Hopefully I'll be ready! Who knows, I may run go for the full marathon if my progression goes well enough.

Stefanie, that's awesome! I'm a huge fan of doing a blend of running/weights. And that's pretty much my standard gym routine too. I run about 4k to the gym, hit the weights hard for an hour, and run the 4k home. I used to just go to the gym and do a quick warmup, then lift weights for an hour and 20, then hop in my car and go home. I find the run to the gym and back adds a lot more enjoyment to the whole routine, and I feel like I've accomplished more. Keep up the good work!

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 29, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »

Last night I ran the track a little in my flows then did a few cooldown laps barefoot. Today Im at the mall in my classics...and I always drive barefoot.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 29, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »

Went for a bike ride in my treks, and finished it off with a 1k barefoot run on some rough pavement. It felt great, and it's like I got a free pedicure. All the dry cracked skin is gone. I stopped well before my feet got tender, so maybe I'll go for another short one on Saturday!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: