BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 17, 2014, 01:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 97295 times)
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #495 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »

5k race in my luna sandals!!! I got second in my age group but was 11th placed (I think) time of 21:52. The last half of the second mile was almost up hill. Then I smoked a fabulous turkey barefooted.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #495 on: November 24, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »

5k race in my luna sandals!!! I got second in my age group but was 11th placed (I think) time of 21:52. The last half of the second mile was almost up hill. Then I smoked a fabulous turkey barefooted.

Nice!

I went for a 5k run yesterday, and on the side of the trail was a young buck. He was already moving, and he didn't notice me as I closed in on him. He was bouncing along, and I tailed him for 5 minutes from 100 feet away! Then I made a noise, then he heard me and bolted through the deep snow into the forest. It was cool! I felt like a ninja that I managed to get that close to him despite the crunchy snow underfoot, and while running. I guess I'm sneaky when I'm running, even when wearing my fluorescent jacket!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »

Had Thanksgiving dinner (at my mom and dad's house) wearing my FiveFingers Sprints. Got a few odd looks,but I've gotten used to that by now.

My g/f was disappointed I didn't wear mine.  She wore her blue Speeds and I wore my Vivobarefoot Neo's

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2011, 07:07:14 AM »

Did a short run earlier in the week a mix of barefoot and vivobarefoot achilles and this morning visiting friends did a different park run in the flow treks and had a few conversations with people interested in converting.
« Reply #498 on: November 26, 2011, 07:07:14 AM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 26, 2011, 08:27:17 PM »

Yesterday I picked up a pair of Merrell Chameleon 3 GTX hiking boots at a store...reg price $130  got them for $34.99!!  all in my classics.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 27, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »

had my first most comfortable run this evening in the last almost 2 months of running in VFFs, even if it was just for 0.6 miles.  i've been getting lower back pain in my last few runs and tonight i realized what i was doing wrong.  i've been looking down in front of me, making me lean over ever so slightly.  tonight i didn't look down once , looked forward-up-and-around, kept posture and it was fantastic.  perfect run. i could have just ran and ran and ran.  i think i finally got my "ah-ha" moment tonight.  now i know exactly what to feel for from now on.

a truck went by as i was starting my final sprint to the finish, so choking on diesel smoke kinda dampened the moment. lol but man am i ever pumped up to start getting some distance.  yes!!

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: November 27, 2011, 10:15:26 PM »

had my first most comfortable run this evening in the last almost 2 months of running in VFFs, even if it was just for 0.6 miles.  i've been getting lower back pain in my last few runs and tonight i realized what i was doing wrong.  i've been looking down in front of me, making me lean over ever so slightly.  tonight i didn't look down once , looked forward-up-and-around, kept posture and it was fantastic.  perfect run. i could have just ran and ran and ran.  i think i finally got my "ah-ha" moment tonight.  now i know exactly what to feel for from now on.

a truck went by as i was starting my final sprint to the finish, so choking on diesel smoke kinda dampened the moment. lol but man am i ever pumped up to start getting some distance.  yes!!

LoL, didnt we speak of posture Tongue. I am glad you figured it out. When my back was hurting its because I wasnt keeping my back straight when running uphill or downhill.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 27, 2011, 10:26:55 PM »

yeah we did, but i thought for sure i was straight up and down, but i realized tonight i looked down ahead of me which was causing me to just barely lean forward when i thought i was straight.

yeah, now i gotta work on my posture when hiking and running hills.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 30, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »

Lots of running in the past couple of days for me, all in my flows. 6k Monday, 8k round trip to the gym yesterday, and a fantastic 10k today through the trails.

The weather has been really warm this week, but it finally cooled back down today. The trails are very slick, packed snow partially melted and then froze again. My flows handled it well enough, though I had to slow my pace to keep from slipping going up and down hills. As far as a pair of footwear goes on the ice, the flows have worked out very well. Nothing will ever be perfect, but these are as good as I've come across.

I've got a bunch of varying layers, so I'm covered no matter what the weather is. I've been using the Talus Coldavenger balaclava over the past few weeks. It is honestly the most vital piece of gear I have. I had severe bronchitis as a child and struggle with high output activities in the cold. My lungs will burn for days and I end up with a cough. This heats up the air you breathe, and keeps the elements off of your face. What an awesome piece of gear. Will hit the trails again tomorrow, enjoying the cold weather, oddly enough!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 30, 2011, 10:56:11 PM »

14mile hike today. i ran a lot of it, especially since it was cold in the beginning and i wanted to keep warm.  my feet and hips were done because of all the running by the time we got back to the truck.

oh, and just so you all know, the little half circle decals on komodos upper start peeling after about 3 washes in the machine. lol. or so it seems for the yellow ones. oh well, just glue 'em back on or rip 'em off. haha

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 01, 2011, 01:35:39 PM »

I am back to running and in my VFFs after a TMTS incident-- I had an inflamed tendon (TOFP) in my right foot and even wore a walking boot for a couple of days to try and "baby" it so it would heal faster.  It worked! I am back in my fingers pain free, but for now running in Nike Frees or my Pace gloves.

This Saturday I plan to run 1-2 miles in my Bikilas (and then a few more in the frees) to try and ease back into running with them.  I think jumping around and doing crazy twirls in the air during a 6mile run was what initially pushed the tendon too far (I was having a grand old time). It had only been giving me slight twinges during runs until that point.  Lesson learned!! Now I get to work on my form some more.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 04, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »

Drove my Jeep barefoot to work..in the 40 temps. Drive barefoot all the tine..not letting cold stop me...then again my heater is toasty.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 07, 2011, 11:43:27 PM »

8 mile hike on Matt Davis/Steep Ravine/Dipsea Trail looping around the Stinson Beach, CA/Pantoll Ranger Station area. effing amazing hike.  shorter than our regular hikes but wow, the scenery was incredible and we got a helluva workout running about half it.  ran straight up an extra hill and got a panoramic view of the entire cove. just incredible. Komodos carrying me all the way!

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 10, 2011, 03:36:45 PM »

Set a new PB for 5K in the KSO's
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 10, 2011, 09:03:14 PM »

Set a new PB for 5K in the KSO's

Good for you!!!

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: