BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 20, 2014, 05:58:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 97400 times)
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

On the Chia seeds, I have been incorporating 1 tbsp with my breakfast every morning for the past three months. I call it "magic oatmeal." It keeps me full for 2.5-3 hours, it's delicious and provides loads of energy.  I make 1c oatmeal with unsweetened almond breeze and water (not too much, you want it thick) then throw in a blender with 1 scoop strawberry protein powder, 1/2 banana,  and 1tbsp each of flax (I buy ground that also has "antioxidant" berry blend from Vitaminshoppe), chia seeds, and wheat germ.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
« Reply #555 on: January 17, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 17, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »

On the Chia seeds, I have been incorporating 1 tbsp with my breakfast every morning for the past three months. I call it "magic oatmeal." It keeps me full for 2.5-3 hours, it's delicious and provides loads of energy.  I make 1c oatmeal with unsweetened almond breeze and water (not too much, you want it thick) then throw in a blender with 1 scoop strawberry protein powder, 1/2 banana,  and 1tbsp each of flax (I buy ground that also has "antioxidant" berry blend from Vitaminshoppe), chia seeds, and wheat germ.

Wow!  That sounds good.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Evan

Evan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 17, 2012, 05:55:11 PM »

Not to be harsh, but coaches stuck in old ways are dead coaches.  Sports and coaching is something that has to grow and evolve or it gets left beind.  Does he still promote using barehands for baseball and leather helmets for football?  Tell him that when he can show proof via harvard study that his style is better http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/community/?p=3238 you will take up his style.  Until then you will run more efficient, faster, and healthier than the rest of his runners.

To make a gel as opposed to the fresca you need to cut the water down.  Fresca is about 1 oz of seeds to 10 oz of water.  Gel (true iskiate) is more like 1 to 3 or 4.  I did 4 yesterday and it was still too watery.  I'm trying again today, i'll let you know how it goes.

As for what I did.  Ran .5 mile yesterday and did the first two days of Insanity yesterday and this morning.

I agree with you. He isn't a terrible coach but thankfully this with be my last year with him. He is also retiring.
And today i didn't do much in my FF, just an upper body work out in PE.
How did your gel work out?

Vibrams: Brown Classics and Green/Black Bikila LS
My shirt says: I am a Runner. All it takes is all you got.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

Never made it... I ended up making the Fresca.  Prob tomorrow.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
« Reply #558 on: January 17, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 17, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »

Did the ballsy-est thing I've done in a while today. Threw on my jacket, heavy mitts and a touque and ran a block to the grocery store in my flows. That doesn't seem exceptional, but it was -47 degrees Celsius with the windchill. Winter is finally here in Alberta, it took a while! Hoping these temperatures don't last too long.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 18, 2012, 07:43:51 AM »

Never made it... I ended up making the Fresca.  Prob tomorrow.

The Chia seed gel ratio on the back of my bag (spectrum essentials http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=SA-7017) is 1:9.

& Yesterday, a consensus was made by the orthopaedic office i work in (I am an x-ray tech) that my KSO trek's are appropriate for work (full shoe covering, offer as much protection on top as any other shoe).  GREAT day for my feet!  Grin

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 18, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »

Yesterday, a consensus was made by the orthopaedic office i work in (I am an x-ray tech) that my KSO trek's are appropriate for work (full shoe covering, offer as much protection on top as any other shoe).  GREAT day for my feet!  Grin

Woohoo! I get to wear my KSO Treks to work too! Today I'll see how my waterproofing works as we're in the middle of quite the snowstorm in Idaho.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 18, 2012, 05:50:13 PM »

The Chia seed gel ratio on the back of my bag (spectrum essentials http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=SA-7017) is 1:9.

& Yesterday, a consensus was made by the orthopaedic office i work in (I am an x-ray tech) that my KSO trek's are appropriate for work (full shoe covering, offer as much protection on top as any other shoe).  GREAT day for my feet!  Grin

Well I made the gel today.  I used about a 3:1 (approx) and it came out pretty good.  It wasn't overly thick or too liquidy.  Probably something around the consistency of melted ice cream.  Used about 1 oz of seeds, 3 oz of lime seltzer, splash of lime juice, a touch of Mio Energy Black Cherry, and a small squirt of Agave Nectar. 

I think if you had this during a race it would definitely hit the spot and keep you going.

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:04 PM »

Went on a shopping mission in my black classics to sort out some komodo sports for a friend and picked up grey/green classics and red sprints for myself
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:48 PM »

Well I made the gel today.  I used about a 3:1 (approx) and it came out pretty good.  It wasn't overly thick or too liquidy.  Probably something around the consistency of melted ice cream.  Used about 1 oz of seeds, 3 oz of lime seltzer, splash of lime juice, a touch of Mio Energy Black Cherry, and a small squirt of Agave Nectar.  

I think if you had this during a race it would definitely hit the spot and keep you going.

We thin it a little and use water for the gel.  It makes a great egg substitute for breads/cakes/brownies.....  They will get nice and chewy.  The kids actually request it now....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 07:37:31 PM by barefootin » Logged

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »

Ran 3 miles at lunchtime in cold rain in my Bikilas. My feet were wet and cold but no blisters or hot spots.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 20, 2012, 12:18:23 AM »

lol, in my new KSOs, i got the mail, and browsed the internet...amidoingitright?

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 20, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »

lol, in my new KSOs, i got the mail, and browsed the internet...amidoingitright?

You're starting off on the right foot..or is it the left? I don't really know..
Evan

Evan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 20, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »

Ran 2.5 miles in my classics in my weight training class today.
My calves feel fantastic but my ankles are a bit sore.

also what kind of running sandals would you guys suggest? I don't really want to spend more than 50-60 dollars.
I'm looking at the Luna Originals and the Unshoes Wokova Feather. http://www.unshoesminimalfootwear.com/feather.html
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 06:32:32 PM by Evan » Logged

Vibrams: Brown Classics and Green/Black Bikila LS
My shirt says: I am a Runner. All it takes is all you got.
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 20, 2012, 06:49:49 PM »

Ran 2.5 miles in my classics in my weight training class today.
My calves feel fantastic but my ankles are a bit sore.

also what kind of running sandals would you guys suggest? I don't really want to spend more that 50-60 dollars.
I'm looking at the Luna Originals and the Unshoes Wokova Feather. http://www.unshoesminimalfootwear.com/feather.html

I'd reccomend the Luna originals. They make an awesome product that will last a long time. Their new ribbon lace and plug system is very comfortable, a huge improvement on earlier laces. They will also mold to your foot nicely over time.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: