BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 26, 2014, 04:31:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 100706 times)
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »

10K barefoot along the beach
« Reply #660 on: March 28, 2012, 06:01:54 AM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 28, 2012, 06:06:47 AM »

So, doing any amount of running in my nike frees is out.  Its absolute torture to run with those pillows/bricks on my feet. My knee started hurting, and my motivation was killed resulting in discomfort and an overall feeling of being sad and out of shape.

So, I've decided to do runs no longer than 2-3 miles for the forseeable future. My foot hurts for a few days after anything over 4-5m, so I'm finally going to be sensible and quit pushing it! Id rather run 2m everyday and feel good than one 5m run and hurt for three days.  Such a "duh" moment.. but that's how I do!

On Saturday I ran 2.6 miles and then lifted weights. Today ill run a couple miles and lift again.. all in my bikila ls

Whats wrong with your foot?

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 28, 2012, 11:44:30 AM »

Softball practice in my Bikilas. Might want to try my treksports next week.

Be free.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

Softball practice in my Bikilas. Might want to try my treksports next week.

oooof... more daring than I.  I prefer spikes 100%. 

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #663 on: March 28, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 28, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »

the other day i went out longboarding for the first time this spring and decided to see what it was like in my trek sports. it was all going fine until it started raining hard 5 minutes into the ride, so that quickly got cut short.

the next day i went out for another run, and while my lower calves were still sore much of the run, nothing else hurt or got sore, and unlike the last mile run there was no soreness or tightness in my legs at all for the next few days afterwards. its like afterwards the soreness from my heel to my lower calf that had been there for a couple days just vanished. pretty cool. ill have to see if it comes back next run. overall it seems like the transition is going well!

i also ordered a pair of white and red bikilas for running, so i cant wait till those get here and i can start running in them. this is my 3rd pair, and i think i have an addiction Roll Eyes

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2012, 09:14:15 PM »

Just finished Week 8, Day 2 of C25K.  A 2.75 mile run... except I felt so good I just kept going and completed a full 3 mile run.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 29, 2012, 03:30:17 AM »

so would you say you are able to call yourself a "runner" if you enjoy it enough to the point where you get home from work at 1am, stand out in the cold night air and think "this would be a great time for a little run"? which is exactly what i did. it would have been cooler running through the dark of the streets with some head phones on but i didnt realize it until i had set off. i also realized how much i love having the VFF. after i had finished my little jog i was standing out side breathing heavy and cooling down i thought why not go for a little test run going barefoot, its what everyone else says to try. so i stripped off my beloved vibrams and just went for a little bit barefootin and realized how great that little bit of rubber on the bottom of the five fingers is. it does a splendid job of keeping your feet from getting cold and getting shredded on the rough sidewalks and street. my soft soles got pretty chewed up on the tiny bit of running i did on the side walk, although thats not a very "natural"surface lol.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:13:53 AM by toh-shu » Logged

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 29, 2012, 05:30:51 PM »

so i stripped off my beloved vibrams and just went for a little bit barefootin and realized how great that little bit of rubber on the bottom of the five fingers is. it does a splendid job of keeping your feet from getting cold and getting shredded on the rough sidewalks and street. my soft soles got pretty chewed up on the tiny bit of running i did on the side walk, although thats not a very "natural"surface lol.

Barefootin? That's me... Cheesy 
Soft soles?  Just not used to being out of shoes (VFF's included).  Also, do it before a run or at least after you've given them some time to breathe and dry out.  If I've been in my VFF's all day at work and I know I'm going for a run they are off before I hit the car and I wait at least an hour before I even think about going out for a run.  If I've been in my Bormio's or other boot it could be longer before they are ready.  Your sweaty feet are softer and the pads will wear quick.  As for the cold... The first hundred feet or so they are cold but even at temps in the high 30's my feet are usually warm, pink, and sweaty by the end of a bare run.  My VFF's are usually on my hands to keep them warm because they are freezing..... 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2012, 03:37:11 AM »

Took a late-night run down to Subway wearing my Komodosport LS' earlier on Friday night.

Now I'm sitting at my computer wearing my black Classics.(Quite amazing how comfy the classics are on chilly carpet.)
Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: March 31, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »

Spending my entire day in mine. I did the same thing yesterday.

I am wearing my Trek Sport LS right now but will switch to my KOMODOSPORT LS for my workout later.

Maybe I will go for a hike in my KSO Treks after the workout.

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 02, 2012, 12:41:23 AM »

Took my manchester terrier for a 3 mile run/walk/stop/start wearing my flows.   It was 37 degrees and the sidewalks and roads are basically big slushies up here as the winter snow tries to melt.  It felt great to run in my VFFs, but I'll confess that my feet did cold for those times when I was standing up to my ankles in ice water - like when my dog greeted other dogs or had to scramble up a snowberm and play mountain goat.   Overall, super fun day.   

Laura
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 02, 2012, 11:22:17 AM »

So, doing any amount of running in my nike frees is out.  Its absolute torture to run with those pillows/bricks on my feet. My knee started hurting, and my motivation was killed resulting in discomfort and an overall feeling of being sad and out of shape.

So, I've decided to do runs no longer than 2-3 miles for the forseeable future. My foot hurts for a few days after anything over 4-5m, so I'm finally going to be sensible and quit pushing it! Id rather run 2m everyday and feel good than one 5m run and hurt for three days.  Such a "duh" moment.. but that's how I do!

On Saturday I ran 2.6 miles and then lifted weights. Today ill run a couple miles and lift again.. all in my bikila ls

Whats wrong with your foot?

Just some standard TOFP from TMTS. I had an inflamed tendon pretty bad in the same foot around november of last year, and now it continues to nag me here and there on long runs. But even on my short runs this past week its been hurting a little. I was doing fast 2mile runs, I did about 5 runs, totalling in maybe 8 miles. It almost feels like I could be flirting with a stress fx if I don't back off even more.

Doesn't help that I am always in minimalist shoes now, 24/7. I will probably take this week off completely from running until the weekend, and even then just do 1-2miles. Me and the elliptical are rekindling our romance lately.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 04, 2012, 02:13:08 PM »

Did some awesome trail running at Springmill State Park in Mitchell, Indiana. This is just one of the runs I recorded with my Garmin 305. I tried to do a hover shot of the trail in Google Earth to show some of the elevation changes in it. On this run there was 1571 feet of elevation change. It was a butt kicker and I was loving it the whole time. Due to the recent rains the streams were full and there were several muddy areas. I ran all of it in my Flows. The soles of my feet are a little tender from all the rocks, but it is a good tender. The kind that lets you know you're just gaining strength and resiliency to your feet.

Rgs, Jeepman

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 06, 2012, 10:38:30 PM »

Walked on up to REI wearing my FiveFingers KomodoSport LS',where I bought a pair of Merrell Trail Gloves.

These Trail Gloves are stupidly comfortable.(size 9,in case you're curious.)

Having to take off my new Merrells when I go to bed tonight is going to suck.(Can you tell I love my new shoes?)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 07, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »

Yesterday I helped my brother move... After 3 years of making fun of my VFF's he finaly asked some questions as he's been dealing with knee and ankle pain (compliments of jumping out of perfectly good planes for years in the military).  By lunch we swung by my place to check out my inventory and soon he was wearing my Grey Palm KSO's and never took them off...  So today I went and bought him a pair of proper sized KSO's as a house warming present and so I could get mine back....... Grin    
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:02:14 PM by barefootin » Logged

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: