BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 04:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 102490 times)
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:44 AM »

Walked around a large shopping centre. NOBODY noticed my Speeds...or if they did they didn't comment. Makes a change!  Grin

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2012, 06:21:44 AM »

koffeekev

koffeekev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 29, 2012, 09:44:35 AM »

Saturday.....walked the dog 1.5 miles followed by a 2.5 mile Barefoot Hikers outing, 40 degrees, another 2 miles with the dog, out for drinks and pool playing till the wee hours, all barefoot (flip flops for the mens room). My soles are so black i can't see skin.

*I'm barefoot for skeletel correctness*
kso black x 4
kso gray x1
kso flow black x1
kso treksport black x1
kso trek black x 2
kso trek brown x 3
classic tan x1
seeya's black neon x1
vivo aqueous black x1
vivo aqueous grey x1
vivo dharma black x1
vivo aqua brown x1
merrill radius glove b
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 29, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »

Yesterday, I had a nice 10km barefoot walk/hike in the woods. I also did some recordings of spring nature sounds (with a digital recorder), so I can play that in my apartment as "white noise".

Today, I had a barefoot grill, in our garden ;-) 

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »

Walked around a large shopping centre. NOBODY noticed my Speeds...or if they did they didn't comment. Makes a change!  Grin
I find that Speeds, because they look most like trainers and don't have a contrasting colour between the toes, draw the least attention. Most people (my Dad included, until I pointed them out) don't notice the toes at all.

Yesterday evening I read at church in my Speeds and nobody commented.

Today I had to wear the Tough Gloves due to it being a little wet out. (British understatement.)

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #738 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:23 PM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 29, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

yeah, theyre like that down south..... Wink

Today I had to wear the Tough Gloves due to it being a little wet out. (British understatement.)

Yeah, Im up to my ankles in the drought were having - mental innit, were having the wrong kind of rain....
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 29, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »

Took my dogs for a walk barefoot in this nice weather.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:59 PM »

Took our dogs for a walk at a local lake.  We had two other dogs go after ours, another families dogs, and constant barking at people walking...  We had to sit and wait 15min for them to get ahead of us twice because we kept catching up.  We tried to pass but when we saw the one dog get away from them and go after someones ankle bite-er.  We decided to just wait it out.  Ours are well behaved, but being bully's would have been blamed if anything happened... Angry   

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:46 PM »

Went to the beach and attempted to walk some nature trails barefoot, there was one that leads over part of a swamp, just a wooden dock like walkway and the wood was even hotter than blacktop asphalt... Made it to the end of that and both me and my also barefoot friend decided it was just to intense and went all the way back to the car for some KSOs then walked another trail. I feel that them calling the trails nature trails is a little misleading, the scenery is pretty but all the paths are covered in gravel, we went out with the intent of being barefoot all day and walking in some dirt and mud but no...
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 01, 2012, 03:18:18 AM »

I went for a 5km walk (barefoot) in to the forest, with my friends kids and their dog & my girlfriend. Before that, I went to a local Post Office and a food store also barefoot, and worked without shoes nearly all day in my friends garden, building a new wooden fence.
At the end of a day, I had a nice, cold beer, also barefoot, that is  ;-)

It is good to have a long weekend as we call it here - almost 10 days out of work for everyone :-)
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 01, 2012, 05:56:29 AM »

Yeah, Im up to my ankles in the drought were having - mental innit, were having the wrong kind of rain....

It's the wettest drought in human history, I'm sure!  Roll Eyes People have started to wryly joke about whether they'd be allowed to use their hosepipes to drain the floodwater out of their properties...

Very offputting for this Isle's VFF wearers - I've only worn mine twice this month - once was indoors!  Undecided

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:07 AM »

Very offputting for this Isle's VFF wearers - I've only worn mine twice this month - once was indoors!  Undecided
Come up north. Yesterday was lovely and sunny in Lancashire.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 01, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »

Did a two mile barefoot run. Gotta get my feet used to running barefoot again. Wasnt bad...just a hotspot on the balls of my feet..i know to run a shorter distance next time and build back up

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »

Went to a read-through of a play this evening (amateur) in my Speeds. A dozen people were there and I don't think anyone noticed them.

Then when I got back home, walked down to post box to post a letter, remarked to myself on how mild and dry an evening it was, so extended the walk to half an hour (about 1.5 miles horizontally and 150 ft up and down).

Then feeling a little energised on my return, I wrote a UTF-8/UCS packer/unpacker module from scratch in C.

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 01, 2012, 10:15:16 PM »

Last night I went for my first trail run in my Luna Leadcat sandals. The trails have been either snow covered or way too wet/cold to bother with. I've had a real problem getting these dialled in just right, but I've found the right tensions to lock them onto my feet. I went 7k on the local trail system here in fort mcmurray. The trails are fantastic, and can be very easy, or insanely hard depending on which route you take. I went for a hilly section with a big drop and a steep climb. I am really pleased with how these feel off road. The grip is very good, and the thicker sole takes away enough of the gravel and roots that you can appreciate the thicker sole. The trails are groomed with medium sized gravel that has somehow evenly spaced its way across the trails. Even in my VFF treks it leaves my feet tender, but these sandals handle the trail really well. Personally I find road running tedious, as you are just running along a sidewalk and you can see forever ahead. Loved it!

I'll have to admit that on road, these don't quite work as well. They are fantastic off road, but not really great for road runs. They are just too thick and my form suffers for long distsnces on pavement. That's what my equus sandals are for! They are the opposite, great on road, but no grip in loose sand or anything wet off-road.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 02, 2012, 06:40:52 AM »

Second weekday wearing my KomodoSport LS to work.Should be fun.( the first time,last week, was a hoot.The looks people gave me when they noticed my shoes..)

BTW,can't wait for the Speed XC to be released in the US.(then I wouldn't have to worry about the rain.)
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: