BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 07:18:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 99804 times)
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

Yesterday,  I did a 5k first in my age group with a time of 22:31 and my actual placing was 17th. I was the only one there in VFFs, but there were some trail gloves there too.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »

AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2011, 12:07:31 PM »

This was actually last week,but I went canoeing on Trillium Lake wearing my FiveFingers Sprints.Was quite fun.
_JE_

_JE_ is a new face.

If You Ship Doesn't Come In, Swim Out To It

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »

I just went to vote in my kso! Tongue

There was an old woman in the line who just cannot stop looking at them XD
Finally she said "that's the most original footwear ever!"
PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »

I just went to vote in my kso! Tongue

There was an old woman in the line who just cannot stop looking at them XD
Finally she said "that's the most original footwear ever!"

haha I went to vote a couple weeks ago barefoot!  Tongue

Barefooting since May 2011.  VFF'ing in Komodosport LS in cold weather since October 2011.
« Reply #318 on: August 14, 2011, 09:03:39 PM »

_JE_

_JE_ is a new face.

If You Ship Doesn't Come In, Swim Out To It

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 14, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »

haha I went to vote a couple weeks ago barefoot!  Tongue

Grin you rock
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:36 AM »

Did my usual route of running to the gym, having a workout and coming home(8k round trip). On my way home, there was a deer grazing about 10 feet from the road. I was running in my treks, and wasn't making much noise. The deer just watched me approach, and as I pulled away. It was a neat encounter!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Aiea

Aiea is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2011, 02:00:41 AM »

Yesterday I continued my revolt in my vffs. I wore them to AF PT at my base. We got a new commander two weeks ago, the old one hated vibrams so wouldn't let us wear them at PT. Now that I've worn mine to pt 4 times, everyone else who wants to wear them as well are starting to think about joining me in my revolt...

I am wearing them with the approval of my flight chief since there hasn't been any word one way or another, and because there was never an offical policy saying we couldn't. So it's not truely a revolt. But I will be very amused when a month from now we have a ton of people at PT wearing VFF's. I just really really hope no one is stupid and buys a pair and tries wearing them for the first time during PT. I don't want anyone getting hurt with TMTS.

Jaya x2 (black, white) Classic x3 (mauve, storm, smartwool) Performa x1 (black)
Komodosports x2 (black/gold, purple LS) Bikala x1 (blue LS) KSO x2 (palm green, black)
Vivo Barefoot (blue EVO, black Isis)
Rick

Rick is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 18, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

I ran 3.5 miles in my VFF Bikilas. It was so nice out this morning and it was early enough that there wasn't much traffic on the trail yet.

@Yeti: I love seeing the critters out and about in the mornings - deer, coyotes, and rabbits use the area I run in and it is such a treat to see them!
Teechii

Teechii is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2011, 07:08:33 PM »

I taught classes in my Treksports today. The older students thought my shoes were cool, the younger students thought they funny.

Roll Eyes

Teechii
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 20, 2011, 05:38:38 AM »

Ran my first 5k parkrun in a long time today and came within shouting of my PB managed 26:24 in the flow treks. Met another parkrunner new to vibrams who on his first visit to the wonderfull world that is birthdayshoes found he had bought fakes.
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2011, 02:54:35 PM »

The family and I did the ALS walk here in Omaha, my son wore his KSO's and I wore my Speeds. I think it raised $143,000.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:06:18 PM by Barefootin Family » Logged

Be free.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: August 21, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »

Yesterday did a 12 mi run Smiley

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »

Nice going delucio!

Went for a 5k run today in my lunas before my nightshift. It was probably the hottest day of the summer, well over 30 degrees Celsius today. It was a leisurely pace but I felt awesome when I finished. Feels good to be able to run a lot again after having a minor foot procedure at the beginning of June. Hopefully it's a little cooler for my next run!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
delucio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

Nice going delucio!

Went for a 5k run today in my lunas before my nightshift. It was probably the hottest day of the summer, well over 30 degrees Celsius today. It was a leisurely pace but I felt awesome when I finished. Feels good to be able to run a lot again after having a minor foot procedure at the beginning of June. Hopefully it's a little cooler for my next run!

I wish I could have done my long run during the week, the first part had such low humidity and good temps. Then once Thursday hit humidity kicked in and so did the temps. My tuesday run last week was phenominal. It was like low 70's and I ran great. I was so hoping that the weather would have stayed like that until Saturday... but that was to much to ask LOL. Today was awful. Hot and humid.. I didnt stop sweating until 1/2 way through my Cal II class.

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:57 PM »

I wore my first generation Navy/Gray/Yellow Classics to work today.  It is my first day back after two weeks off, first post in that same timeframe.  Someone at work caught a glimpse of them and had to see more.  He paraded a 1/2 dozen people through my office so they could all take a gander at them. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: