BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 21, 2014, 12:45:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 98785 times)
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

I've got a bit of a bummed knee at the moment so I can't exactly run anything near my usual. So I went for my first ever BF run. 1.5k on some rough asphalt. Felt great, my knee was bothering me before my feet did. Finished the 2k loop with my lunas before heading home. Stupid knee, glad I'm back to work this week to let the darn thing heal up some.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
« Reply #360 on: September 09, 2011, 01:33:06 PM »

ScionGuy

ScionGuy is a new face.

Scion xB the toaster on wheels

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 10, 2011, 08:47:22 PM »

Took my 2 year old son to the day with Thomas the train outing in Nashville at the Nashville railway museum. Although the price of tickets is steep this would have been better if he were just a bit older and could really enjoy the activites they had set up and the train ride was more than just backing the rail cars up and then pulling them back into the station.

W42 - Classic (2 pair), Speed (2 pair), Classic Fresca, Bikila & KSO Evo,  Jaya, Spyridon LS
M42 - Classic, Sprint, KSO, KSO Remix, KSO Evo, Speed, KMD Sport & LS, Seeya & LS, Bikila & LS, Treksport, CVT LS, EL-X
Altra Adam & Eve
NB Minimus
Merrell Bare Access & Arc, Flux & True Glove
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 11, 2011, 12:14:46 PM »

A busy barefoot day and it is only 12pm!  Woke up early to put a master cylinder on my brothers car (barefoot) and heard a horn blowing down the street.  There was a chow running loose in the road.  Ran down to help others get the dog to safety (barefoot).  Needed more brake fluid, drove barefoot and to my brothers dismay, I went into the store barefoot.  My daughter and I went to look at the flood damage in our back yard and look for one of our barn cats that has been missing for a few days. (Her in KSO's and me in Treks since I'm not sure what has washed down stream)..............

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
pjgh

pjgh is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

Well ... barefoot, I've spent the last three days decorating our entire house! Every room has had a fresh coat of paint on the walls and ceiling, the skirting boards all re-glossed, window frames all glossed and varnished, de-cluttered, rationalised, sorted ...

Phew! I'm shattered! Our house looks fantastic now, and more importantly ... we're de-cluttered, simplified and ready for a much less stressed life. It needed doing. Throughout, my feet have been fine. I do work up one heck of a sweat when working, so just shorts on to protect the innocent passers by. If anything, the slight twinge I have in my left foot has gone after loads of tip toes, bending and stretching.

Fantastic!
« Reply #363 on: September 11, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

noelbodwell

noelbodwell is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 11, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »

New Hampshire has 48 peaks that are over 4,000 feet in elevation. Each year in remembrance of 9/11, hikers carry up flagpoles and huge American flags to fly from noon til 2:00 PM. Today I hiked up Mt. Osceola and East Osceola in my Treks and along with 65 people on the summit, paused to remember the lives lost ten years ago.
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 11, 2011, 07:42:36 PM »

Noel, that is an awesome tradition. Thanks for sharing. My thoughts have been going out to everyone impacted in the 9/11 tragedy today as well.

PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:14 AM »

Went to Lowe's and Target yesterday afternoon, barefoot.  The floor inside Lowe's always gets my feet really black, but I came out through the garden center where they had irrigation running for the plants.  So I shuffled through a couple of puddles and most of the blackness came right off.  Wink

Barefooting since May 2011.  VFF'ing in Komodosport LS in cold weather since October 2011.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:17 AM »

Satruday did 10 mi in my Bikila 8:33 min/mi pace -- WOOT WOOT

Sunday relaced my Bikila LS with new elastic laces.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 12, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »

Satruday did 10 mi in my Bikila 8:33 min/mi pace -- WOOT WOOT

Nice..... Cool

barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 12, 2011, 06:56:32 PM »

Did a quick 1.5 mile jaunt (been up since 2:30am to catch a flight and I'm beat).  Enjoyed the slightly tacky feel of new asphault and the warm silky feeling of the transition patches intermixed with the cool texture of concrete.  To end the sensory trip was some soft dirt and crisp grass.  It is great to feel alive.....

noelbodwell

noelbodwell is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 12, 2011, 07:20:40 PM »

Noel, that is an awesome tradition. Thanks for sharing. My thoughts have been going out to everyone impacted in the 9/11 tragedy today as well.

Thanks Yeti. It was a very moving experience. We could see one other mountaintop  flag flapping in the breeze from our vantage point. Appreciate your thoughtful comment.
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 12, 2011, 08:27:01 PM »

Wow, yeah that would have been extremely moving to stand there and see the flag on the next peak. That really would have been a sight to see. I was at work, but took a moment to think of the life lost.

Barefootin, I agree. It's awesome to really feel the ground. I'm not sure why I didn't do a barefoot run earlier on in my transition. I was impressed how my feet handled the rough pavement, and managed 1.5k on my first ever BF run. It felt so good, aside from the previously tweaked knee(from my recent hike). Another thing that I was impressed with was that I felt I was running slow and cautiously, but was actually managing a 6 min/km pace which isn't very far off my regular speed. I liked the feedback my feet gave me until I looked away and my foot landed on a really pointy rock under my first metatarsal head. Ouch! I'll be doing another BF run tomorrow though! The knee feels better, so hopefully I can go a little further.

barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »

Barefootin, I agree. It's awesome to really feel the ground. I'm not sure why I didn't do a barefoot run earlier on in my transition. I was impressed how my feet handled the rough pavement, and managed 1.5k on my first ever BF run. It felt so good, aside from the previously tweaked knee(from my recent hike). Another thing that I was impressed with was that I felt I was running slow and cautiously, but was actually managing a 6 min/km pace which isn't very far off my regular speed. I liked the feedback my feet gave me until I looked away and my foot landed on a really pointy rock under my first metatarsal head. Ouch! I'll be doing another BF run tomorrow though! The knee feels better, so hopefully I can go a little further.

Just watch those "virgin" pads and carry your VFF's incase you wear away some skin (they make great hand weights or gloves if it's chilly) .   If you do, it takes a while to build them back up, so moderation is the key.  As for the pointy rock...  They are inevitable.  However the more you go bare, the less you will feel them.  In part due to your pads thickening but also your feet will learn to form around them and other hazards distributing your weight.  It sounds weird, until you experience it.  Wink 

ScionGuy

ScionGuy is a new face.

Scion xB the toaster on wheels

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »

Ran over the heel of my right foot with a floor jack rated for 3 tons, already bruised over. Other than that spent the whole day working on a 3500 chevy truck and an enclosed car trailer.

W42 - Classic (2 pair), Speed (2 pair), Classic Fresca, Bikila & KSO Evo,  Jaya, Spyridon LS
M42 - Classic, Sprint, KSO, KSO Remix, KSO Evo, Speed, KMD Sport & LS, Seeya & LS, Bikila & LS, Treksport, CVT LS, EL-X
Altra Adam & Eve
NB Minimus
Merrell Bare Access & Arc, Flux & True Glove
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2011, 07:22:08 AM »

Other than that spent the whole day working on a 3500 chevy truck and an enclosed car trailer.

Let's get it right, you were tinkering with the Chevy.  They like quality time with their owners. Wink  I hope the heel, heals....

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: