BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 02, 2014, 06:26:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 97830 times)
ScionGuy

ScionGuy is a new face.

Scion xB the toaster on wheels

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »

Other than that spent the whole day working on a 3500 chevy truck and an enclosed car trailer.

Let's get it right, you were tinkering with the Chevy.  They like quality time with their owners. Wink  I hope the heel, heals....

Well the truck had a couple of electrical gremlins in the trailer wiring and the electric brake box was easier to install than most trucks I've worked on. Gotta love PnP wiring harnesses. So far the heel doesn't hurt too bad today but last night it actually hurt to put weight on my right foot for any length of time.

W42 - Classic (2 pair), Speed (2 pair), Classic Fresca, Bikila & KSO Evo,  Jaya, Spyridon LS
M42 - Classic, Sprint, KSO, KSO Remix, KSO Evo, Speed, KMD Sport & LS, Seeya & LS, Bikila & LS, Treksport, CVT LS, EL-X
Altra Adam & Eve
NB Minimus
Merrell Bare Access & Arc, Flux & True Glove
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2011, 09:38:33 AM »

kissel

kissel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »

Never liked plugs on anything outdoors.  If it's plug and play, I usually cut, solder, heatshrink, mastic.  I don't even like using wire nuts unless for temporary testing purposes.  Crimp-on connectors are always de-plastic-ed and soldered.

I got this way working on my grandfather's boat and trailer.  Every crimped or wire-nut connection has failed in it some time or another.  We spend lots of weekends wiggling wires looking for bad connections.  Of course you have to do this barefoot.  Any shoes really mark up the deck.
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2011, 08:38:41 PM »

Well despite my knee, I did the annual Terry Fox run today with my wife in my Lunas. I ran with her, and she hasn't run in about 8 months so it was hard for her.  She's had some bad tendonitis in her achilles, and had to walk some. I managed the 5k without my knee really bothering me, it felt pretty tight, but much better than the run I did the other day. Much better. I did 3k the other day and ended up limping home. I'm going to take it easy until my next set of days off, then get back to running more again.

It was fun though, a great tradition we have here all across Canada. I'll definitely run further next year!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:41:46 AM by The Yeti » Logged

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »

Went shopping in the commissary wearing my Lunas and then while I was there, there was a family that was wearing Vibrams. The guy was wearing KSO red remix, she wore red jaya, and the kid worn kid kso.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2011, 09:14:05 PM »

JD Hammo

JD Hammo is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 18, 2011, 10:46:41 PM »

Smiley Ran my very first mile in my first pair of KSOs and did my warm-up and cool down barefoot, my cool down was me walking across town another mile to go buy my drink and walking back. 
Loved every second of it!

Breaking in my new favorite pair of shoes that I've had all my life.
flavorice

flavorice is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 18, 2011, 11:34:29 PM »

Played street hockey in my treksports. Thought I was.going to roll an ankle or.something but it went great. I loved playing in them. My feet are.tired.from using all.those stabilizing muscles to keep balance and change direction. . Its a good hurt.  I feel like o can play center  better and.faster.  woot!!
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 19, 2011, 09:01:22 AM »

Ran a half marathon yesterday in the flow treks then drove home barefoot and called for fish and chips on the way back and remained barefoot. Even saw a guy run the half marathon totally barefoot another in huraches and a couple others in vibrams along with the two guys i was running with in vibrams.
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

Nice vfftriathlete! Pretty hardcore doing a half barefoot.

I did my usual route of 4k to the gym, had a great workout, and ran 4k home in my lunas. The knee is no longer bothering me! On my next set off I'll start going for longer runs again. What a relief! I thought I'd be away from running for a while.

The only thing that sucks is that between my apartment and the gym are two really messy construction zones that I need to run past, and their mud has spilled onto the road and sidewalks. There is no avoiding the mess, without tacking another 2k or more each way. Also they must have dug into some permafrost or muskeg, as the mud is like a really soft, half melted silly putty. It's gross and hard to ger out of footwear. My feet are a mess when I get to the gym, and a mess when I get home. Even still, I love running in my lunas!!

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »

Heading home to see the family.....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2011, 07:39:08 PM »

Dude... is that a private jet?  What do you do?

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »

Back yard hill-billy experimental mechanic or engineering babysitter, it depends on your perspective.  It's our corporate plane....    I stow away when I have the chance which isn't as often as it used to be.  Otherwise it's commercial due to my travel/work schedule.   It was going my way to pick up some exec's, so I hitched a ride.  Get's you home much quicker. Cheesy

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2011, 08:38:42 PM »

Went to the track and ran with my flows, then i ran a couple laps barefoot. The track feels therapeutic and good.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
The Yeti

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2011, 08:40:39 PM »

Nice barefootin, that is seriously cool.  Beats taking the bus!

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:09 PM »

Back yard hill-billy experimental mechanic or engineering babysitter, it depends on your perspective.  It's our corporate plane....    I stow away when I have the chance which isn't as often as it used to be.  Otherwise it's commercial due to my travel/work schedule.   It was going my way to pick up some exec's, so I hitched a ride.  Get's you home much quicker. Cheesy

That's fantastic...

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2011, 01:18:55 AM »

Heading home to see the family.....

FiveFingering it Like A Boss!

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: