BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 01:19:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 109320 times)
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »

18 out of my 20 mile run. 9:03 avg pace Smiley

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:02 PM »

Peter

Peter is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 10, 2011, 12:17:34 PM »

With my Speeds on, I went to see the Foo Fighters last night in Denver! 

I'm pretty sure it's my first concert with the Speeds. I think I recall wearing my KSOs to a show once, but I'm usually too nervous about getting my toes stepped on.  I was feeling brave yesterday, and I'm glad.  My feet and calfs were aching after the show from the prolonged standing, but they feel totally fine this morning.  I'm sure that wouldn't be the case if I'd worn regular shoes. 

In high school and college I use to consider concerts, and the beer-soaked floors and getting-you-feet-stepped-on that was involved, to be a rite-of-passage for a new pair of shoes.  It felt good to put my Speeds through the ritual! (Though ... thankfully, I didn't get my feet stepped on.)
flavorice

flavorice is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2011, 07:38:39 AM »

Went pumpkin picking in the muddy viney fields. Little dirty and got my foot stuck in the mud but my treks held strong. They leave awesome foot prints
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »

4.5 mile run in the rain in my Bikila LS yesterday. So much fun!

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2011, 08:14:22 AM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

I wore mine to a Dentist appointment last week and other patients in the waiting room were smitten with my shoes.  One lady said her son wanted a pair.  Of course I got asked if they were comfortable.  Just once I want to answer that they are terribly uncomfortable, near torturous and the most agonizing thing you would ever wear on your feet.  I'd love to see the facial expression on the inquisitive individual if I would answered in that manner.  When I made my way back to the actual Dentist's chair, the hygenist thought they were cool.  The Dentist didn't quite get it.  He wanted to wear them and flip flops at the same time for some reason.  I don't know why he felt the need for additional footwear on top of VFFs. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »

Did a leisurely 7k run in about 38 minutes. 6 degrees celsius outside so I broke out my new cooler weather running gear. First time ever running in tights, and honestly shorts would have been fine once I got moving. Also got the most obnoxiously yellow shell jacket ive ever seen. Great so you can be seen in the dark.

Need to grab myself a new headlamp, and some windproof mitts, and that will cover me for winter. It's coming, temps are slowly dropping now. Oddly excited for it though. Can't wait to put all this gear to the test!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 14, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »

everything! muah-hah-hahhh.  Tongue

including kettlebells (always barefoot) and a short run.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »

Been doing my P90X workouts in VFF's, just this week started doing them barefoot with the exception of Plyometrics and Legs.

My toes have been straightening and the ability to move them have grown by vast amounts since I got my VFF's in August, now in the last few weeks doing workouts in them, It has improved exponentially faster.  In under a week I went from not being able to move my toes other than up and down to being able to COMPLETELY splay them out.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
runnerbean

runnerbean is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »

a truly great off road 6.3m run, my longest to date  Grin
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »

Having some fantastic fall weather here, so I'm taking full advantage of it. Went for a 13k loop this afternoon an about an hour and 20. About 9 degrees Celsius and sunny, perfect for running. My calf was tight, so I took it easy. Definitely could have kept on going, but I have to get chores done before my wife gets home from work and we have company over. Great afternoon!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
sgp2012

sgp2012 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2011, 05:40:46 PM »

wore my KSO's to the canal town of Metamora, IN. walked around a bit and went on the canal boat. surprised not one person commented on my shoes!
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »

just finished my first second day in a row of running in VFFs.  Grin yay!  still taking it slow. 

no pain anywhere other than tight calves, which feel no different than yesterday. probably take tomorrow off depending on how they feel.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 15, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »

after a day's playing in the river practicing saftey stuff stayed barefoot after changing and did pub fastfood fuel all bare
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 15, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »

I just walked around the house and ate dinner in my Mocs.

Very strenuous... Grin

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 15, 2011, 07:48:13 PM »

Put a starter and knock sensor in my truck barefoot.  Threw on the "yard" Treks, got the ladder out, and put another evacuated tube solar panel on the roof that I made last week. 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: