BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 23, 2014, 03:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 95294 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »

Scootered around on the 93 Honda Helix (60k miles still going strong!) all weekend in my TrekSports. 

Too funny....  I had a 1990 Elite 250 back around the time your Helix was born. 

The family took a 4 hour ride all wearing VFF's to test drive a M35a2 to replace my 1 ton Chevy....... 

That'll go places the chevy would not dare.  Grin   

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #450 on: October 25, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 25, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »

I ran 6.11 miles (10K!!) today.  My farthest distance in VFF's (and running period, actually) to date.  Felt GREAT!  Grin LOVE my VFF's and my body  Tongue

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 26, 2011, 08:43:25 AM »

Decided to make it casual Wednesday to work.  My back and ankles have been killing me from walking around NYC this past weekend in my old styled footwear so I am making it a jeans and Speeds day.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
manny_deleon

manny_deleon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »

I'm in the Air Force and when I am not wearing boots, I am either barefoot or wearing Speeds.  Unless they make steel-toe VFFs   Grin, I got no choice but to wear my boots.
« Reply #453 on: October 26, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »

acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: October 26, 2011, 09:42:10 PM »

Bought Merrell Tough Gloves and told people buying Vibrams not to heelstrike in them (so they don't think Vibrams suck) and that Vibrams let water in (bad in winter /snow) except Treks that are waterproofed.

My reaction: these aren't as flat as Vibrams. Saleslady: "of course, Vibrams are the best!"

The saleslady who owns Vibrams asked me where I got my Injinjis (a local store found via their store locator) and how to get the smell out of them so I replied "use Efferdent".

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Dexter_Morgan23

Dexter_Morgan23 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #455 on: October 27, 2011, 10:52:35 AM »

I went on my first barefoot run! a five minute warm up walk, with 15 minutes of jogging!

Proud owner of my first pair of Red Remix KSOs as of 08/12/11 at 12:13 pm Cheesy
Leming Natural Origins, Invisible shoes 6mm and 4mm, Altra Adam, Altra Samson (March 5thish), Newton MV2, Aguias Spartan 1
www.minimalistandlovingit.blogspot.com
www.barefootfarm.org Support the Tarahumara
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 28, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »

picked up the pace today, running a little faster, keeping up the strength building.  feels good. didn't over do it.

rest day yesterday with two days in a row the previous days.  feeling good.  can tell my strength is increasing.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 28, 2011, 08:06:54 PM »

Got LASIK with my classics on. The doc asked me about them because he had heard about them. Now looking for minimalist running shoes for the winter for when i go to the police academy. Suggestions?

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 30, 2011, 08:38:05 AM »

Did 6.5 miles in the flow treks and then tried out the vivobarefoot achilles had planned on keeping it short about half a mile but they felt so good i ended up doing 1.1 miles in them
liberty-feet

liberty-feet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 30, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »

Did some plyometrics in my KSO's. Felt great!
mikez

mikez is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 31, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »

Went to Boo at the Zoo in St. Louis.  The Komodos were a bit cold, but better than I thought they'd be.
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 31, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

I went "graving" for about four hours in my KSO's.  Basically, "graving" is collecting information from and photographing gravestones in cemeteries for use with online memorials and to aid in genealogical research.  I have actually done this barefoot as well which gives the process a more reverent feel.
PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 31, 2011, 01:54:40 PM »

Went to Boo at the Zoo in St. Louis.  The Komodos were a bit cold, but better than I thought they'd be.

We did the Zoo Boo thing last night in Memphis.  i actually went barefoot the whole time, and despite temps dropping to about 50F by the time we left, and my hands and nose feeling pretty cold, my feet didn't feel a chill at all due to us walking around the whole time.

I did have my Komodosport LS's in the bottom of my kid's stroller just in case, but didn't need 'em.

Barefooting since May 2011.  VFF'ing in Komodosport LS in cold weather since October 2011.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 03, 2011, 11:34:32 PM »

did my first hike today in my komodos. 13 miles. my feet are killing me but man what a great hike. even though it hurt my feet i loved feeling every rock, stick and squish under my feet.  even the occasional thorn between the toes was an awesome experience. lol. and the komodos are the thickest!! cant wait to try out my classics next week.  ill be bringing my komodos with in case i need to switch out since classics have much more ground feel and may hurt a bit more. but ill keep at it until i get used to everything. im so excited! and the grip on the komodos on all the trail terrains were insane. holy cow.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 06, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »

Today I wore my KSO's to the Washington Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show at the D.C. Convention Center.  While there I saw Giada De Laurentiis LIVE!!!  Thousands of people were in attendance but I only saw one other person wearing Vibrams.  One funny thing - there was a vendor selling some sort of shoe insert that has a built-in massaging gizmo.   She tried to reel me in with her pitch and I just wiggled my toes at her - she was like, "Oh, you have those shoes...  You are going to do damage to your feet... You need cushioning..." blah, blah, blah....  NO SALE!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: