BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 19, 2014, 09:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 97383 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »

Jeep, how does your track normally feel when it's not cold?  

I've seen a lot about people enjoying the feeling of their local tracks, but mine always pinches and stabs and leaves me feeling raw, maybe it's because ours is a fairly old track.

They redid the track and its like you described. It used
to be smooth rubber and now it lumpy and coarse. During the summer its fine though.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #480 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:17 PM »

PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 10, 2011, 06:29:12 PM »

So I've been trying to walk at least 10-11 miles a week the past several weeks, and just last week started working in a few short running bits, usually at the end of each mile, to help build up my endurance.  Right now I can only go a few hundred feet before I feel like I'm dying.

Since the time changed this past weekend and it's now almost dark at 5 pm, I'm trying to get in my walking/running mileage around the small town square areas near my office on my lunch break.  What's cool about this is that I can go a different route every day if I want to, which is MUCH more exciting than going round and round my neighborhood, same way every day.

Monday and Tuesday of this week, I went 2 different routes.  2 miles on Monday (late start), 3 miles on Tuesday (normal distance).  Both days I went in my VFF's just so I would know what the terrain is like before going BF.  Today I went the same route as Monday, but barefoot this time.  Even though it's 20 degrees cooler than it was Monday, it still felt awesome.  I only got to go 2 miles today, though, since I had a meeting right after and didn't get started early enough.

I did learn a very important lesson: when there are big old oak trees near the sidewalk, STAY IN THE STREET!  The sidewalks are covered with acorns that hurt like a biatch, but on the street there's hardly any debris (away from the gutter anyway) since cars blow most of the stuff off to the side.  My first lap around I was on the sidewalk, *ouch* *ouch* *ouch* the whole way.  Second lap I got wise and stayed in the street.  Smiley

Barefooting since May 2011.  VFF'ing in Komodosport LS in cold weather since October 2011.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 11, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »

had my first, albeit short, run in my new classics.  very different feel than the komodos, which i am very spoiled on but love so much! 

i loved the ground feel from the ultra thin sole but i'm not sure how much i will run in them.  probably just work on getting used to them and trade them in and out. definitely want to use them for extended walking periods like at fairs, and while camping for jaunting around the campground and such. 

i swear if they ever sold a classic sole with a komodo upper i would be all over them. i like the low profile upper and velcro system on the komodos and so far have not had any problems with keeping stuff out on hikes.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

i officially love running in my Classics.  they are aweeesommee. years different than Komodos but wow what a good difference.  there  is a bit more pressure on my foot and arches and such from less padding but i'm most definitely going to run more in them.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
« Reply #483 on: November 13, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 13, 2011, 10:14:18 PM »

I wear my classics everywhere, if im not using my flip flops.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
UberC5

UberC5 is a new face.

I hunt with a Subaru...

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 13, 2011, 11:46:22 PM »

I did learn a very important lesson: when there are big old oak trees near the sidewalk, STAY IN THE STREET!  The sidewalks are covered with acorns that hurt like a biatch, but on the street there's hardly any debris (away from the gutter anyway) since cars blow most of the stuff off to the side.  My first lap around I was on the sidewalk, *ouch* *ouch* *ouch* the whole way.  Second lap I got wise and stayed in the street.  Smiley
Oak leaves have lots of sharp points too Wink

I have an old railroad grade that has been de-tied that i use to walk on in my VFF's.  Don't think I'll ever get to barefoot on that though, the ballast is just too rough.

I bowl overhand

Current VFF's: Syridon LS (Military Green/Grey/Black) M42, Speed (Black/White) M42, 2 pair of Bormio (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, Trek LS (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, KSO Trek (Brown) M41, KSO (Blue Camo) M41
Non VFF:  NB Minimus Trail MultiSport EU44
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »

12 mile hike today in my Komodos.  the first mile was a steep training hill that rose 1000feet in just over a mile. my cousin and i raced the first leg before it flattened out, yeah not so smart. that hill made the rest of the hike a breeze. i'm hurtin'. haha.

but i did find out that komodos don't work very well on wet river/creek rocks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 12:53:35 PM by vice69 » Logged

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: November 19, 2011, 11:21:56 PM »

10 mile race today. Finished 52nd with a time of 1:19:07 Smiley

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2011, 12:57:05 AM »

congrats!!

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2011, 01:53:29 AM »

Got my new speeds today and wore them around town. They are alot different then the Komodos. And they have alot more air flow.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #490 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

congrats!!

Thanks!

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 21, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »

ran my first mile in vffs today. ~1.2 i guess.  little arch pressure but felt great.

but why am i getting a little lower back pain? my form is ok i think. straight posture/body, no "overstriding" or anything i don't think. confused.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
delucio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: November 21, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »

Lower back pain is from leaning to far forward or backward. It will take time to adjust.

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »

hmmm. im almost positive i'm keeping a good posture.  if i am leaning in any direction its a tiny fraction.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 24, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »

Had Thanksgiving dinner (at my mom and dad's house) wearing my FiveFingers Sprints. Got a few odd looks,but I've gotten used to that by now.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: