BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 29, 2014, 02:40:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 94608 times)
sgp2012

sgp2012 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »

did week 4, day 1 of couch to 5k on the track today. also went to the sprint store and i could feel the stares!
« Reply #540 on: January 09, 2012, 09:39:55 PM »

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:00 AM »

went to school in my Bikilas. During Weight training we ran, I went barefoot  Smiley

Makes a refreshing change when schools/colleges allow vibrams/barefooting.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 10, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

My calves are real sore so i just did a short run today. Also drank my first glass of Chia Fresca! anyone else like Chia seeds?

Just last night I had my first glass.  I am reading born to run and my curiousity was spiked. 

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

My childrens school is going the other direction.  My daughter has worn hers to school for over 2 years and there aren't others that she knows of that wear them, but the school is starting to have issues with them.  I'm fighting the same thing at work and I've been wearing them everyday for 3 years, but the tides are turning.......

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
« Reply #543 on: January 11, 2012, 08:49:29 PM »

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »

In Milwaukee on business and it was 51 degrees when I left work so I kicked off the Trek LS's, filled up the rental car barefoot and went for a short barefoot run when I got back to where I'm staying.  Of course, no barefoot run tomorrow as it will be in the 20's and snowing.  Don't like the weather in the Mid-West, just wait 5 minutes and it will change.........

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 12, 2012, 12:46:46 AM »

Just finished run #2 in VFF's.  Calves were blowing up after the first, feel better already after the second.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2012, 09:33:06 PM »

In Bikila LS today, I ran outside for 5 miles, then brought my workout inside and ran 3 more miles and some shoulders/back/abs.
Tuesday I ran 6m in KSO Treks, and Sunday I ran 2 in Stems and 6 in Bikila LS.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2012, 01:55:38 PM »

In Bikila LS today, I ran outside for 5 miles, then brought my workout inside and ran 3 more miles and some shoulders/back/abs.
Tuesday I ran 6m in KSO Treks, and Sunday I ran 2 in Stems and 6 in Bikila LS.

Hot damn...  I am right in the start of my runs, but I want to build myself up for a 5 mile race in November.  I am taking it very slow and it helps that I am not in running shape whatsoever so my endurance kicks out right as I cut myself off.

PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 14, 2012, 03:17:54 PM »

Ran 7.23 miles in my treksports with injinji sticks. Longest run on VFFs so far.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2012, 12:30:13 PM »

Planning on testing out my new KomodoSport LS's in this sudden burst of snow going on in Portland,OR.Should be fun.

(Side note:how is the traction with the Komodosports in snow? This is the first time I've tried any of my FiveFingers in the snow.)
islandrunner707

islandrunner707 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 15, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »

Training for my half-marathon in February.  Today, did my long run (10.58 mi) in my modified VFF KSO's.
Evan

Evan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2012, 02:39:01 AM »

Mhm, I'm a little worried that come spring my track coach won't let me run in my FF. He doesn't let us use them for CC. He stresses heel to toe running  Undecided

Just last night I had my first glass.  I am reading born to run and my curiousity was spiked.  

Born to Run is so great, I just finished it a few weeks ago. And as for the seeds, I've now started blending them with orange juice, lime juice, and strawberries (and a tiny bit of sugar). It taste much better like that. I'm gonna try to mix some blueberries in there next, then maybe a banana.

And today i ran about three miles. Calves felt great but my ankles have been feeling a bit sore, is this normal for a fairly new BF/FF runner?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 02:43:55 AM by Evan » Logged

Vibrams: Brown Classics and Green/Black Bikila LS
My shirt says: I am a Runner. All it takes is all you got.
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2012, 11:21:48 AM »

Mhm, I'm a little worried that come spring my track coach won't let me run in my FF. He doesn't let us use them for CC. He stresses heel to toe running  Undecided

Just last night I had my first glass.  I am reading born to run and my curiousity was spiked.  

Born to Run is so great, I just finished it a few weeks ago. And as for the seeds, I've now started blending them with orange juice, lime juice, and strawberries (and a tiny bit of sugar). It taste much better like that. I'm gonna try to mix some blueberries in there next, then maybe a banana.

And today i ran about three miles. Calves felt great but my ankles have been feeling a bit sore, is this normal for a fairly new BF/FF runner?

Next time he stresses heel to toe, ask him if it's so great why do teh best marathoners in the world run barefoot and on their forefoot?

I might have to try that recipe for the chia.  Today I am going to make it a bit different and make something closer to a gel as opposed to the chia fresca.  I got some of the Mio Energy and going to put a small amount in there to see if it comes out like an energy gel.

Evan

Evan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 16, 2012, 09:40:56 PM »

Next time he stresses heel to toe, ask him if it's so great why do teh best marathoners in the world run barefoot and on their forefoot?

I might have to try that recipe for the chia.  Today I am going to make it a bit different and make something closer to a gel as opposed to the chia fresca.  I got some of the Mio Energy and going to put a small amount in there to see if it comes out like an energy gel.

He is kinda old and stuck in his ways.
But to make the gel you just leave it in the water for longer, right?

And today in my FF, I went kayaking with my buddies and we climbed onto an old abandoned boat. We found some nice rope.

Vibrams: Brown Classics and Green/Black Bikila LS
My shirt says: I am a Runner. All it takes is all you got.
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 17, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »

He is kinda old and stuck in his ways.
But to make the gel you just leave it in the water for longer, right?

And today in my FF, I went kayaking with my buddies and we climbed onto an old abandoned boat. We found some nice rope.

Not to be harsh, but coaches stuck in old ways are dead coaches.  Sports and coaching is something that has to grow and evolve or it gets left beind.  Does he still promote using barehands for baseball and leather helmets for football?  Tell him that when he can show proof via harvard study that his style is better http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/community/?p=3238 you will take up his style.  Until then you will run more efficient, faster, and healthier than the rest of his runners.

To make a gel as opposed to the fresca you need to cut the water down.  Fresca is about 1 oz of seeds to 10 oz of water.  Gel (true iskiate) is more like 1 to 3 or 4.  I did 4 yesterday and it was still too watery.  I'm trying again today, i'll let you know how it goes.

As for what I did.  Ran .5 mile yesterday and did the first two days of Insanity yesterday and this morning.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: