BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 06:20:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 99777 times)
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

Had a very nice training run today in preparation of the St. Patrick's 10K race this weekend. I got below the 54 minute barrier for the first time since I broke my foot back in 2010. Ran a 53:51 this afternoon. Two days of rest and then the race on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
« Reply #615 on: March 15, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2012, 09:09:58 AM »

It is hitting highs of 78 degrees now, so I wore my Speeds on a walk and will do so again tonight.  I have been wearing my Stems for about 2 weeks now with weather in the 50s, but now that we are in the 70s I am finally back in VFFS.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »

Well I've been off my feet for quite a while and am just now getting back to running, and being active again. I have had one long drawn out battle with plantar warts on both feet. I had them treated with cantharidic acid and liquid nitrogen, and I've had to go back for multiple treatments. They were brutal, leaving me with golf ball-sized blisters on my feet for at least a week at a time. It appears as though my feet are completely cleared up, it's been 3 weeks since my last treatment and my feet haven't felt this great in a couple of years. If you ever end up with those stupid things on your feet, don't do what I did and ignore them. Treat them as soon as possible and it will make the process a lot less agonising.

I have been out for 4 runs, and played badminton again last night for the first time in months in my komodosports. It felt great!! So happy to be back on my feet. Training for a half marathon is back on!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

Well I've been off my feet for quite a while and am just now getting back to running, and being active again. I have had one long drawn out battle with plantar warts on both feet. I had them treated with cantharidic acid and liquid nitrogen, and I've had to go back for multiple treatments. They were brutal, leaving me with golf ball-sized blisters on my feet for at least a week at a time. It appears as though my feet are completely cleared up, it's been 3 weeks since my last treatment and my feet haven't felt this great in a couple of years. If you ever end up with those stupid things on your feet, don't do what I did and ignore them. Treat them as soon as possible and it will make the process a lot less agonising.

I have been out for 4 runs, and played badminton again last night for the first time in months in my komodosports. It felt great!! So happy to be back on my feet. Training for a half marathon is back on!

Glad to hear you're doing well, Yeti!

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 16, 2012, 12:46:00 PM »

Some people on the forum may not understand just how bad plantar warts can be. They can be absolutely brutal. Back about 15 years ago I got one just below the ball of my foot. I did what you initially did - I ignored it. That thing got so deep it was almost down to the metatarsal before I had it treated. Awful things! The Doc I went to froze it and then cut most of it out. He finished it off by cauterizing it. Took me about 8 months before it was back to normal. Glad to hear you are almost 100% now.

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 16, 2012, 01:00:09 PM »

I had plantar warts also! I was probaly 10-11 years old.  Mom took me to the Doc right away and after a couple of treatments All I remember is the doctor cutting and 'burning" inside the wart to kill the "root" and having BLACK looking holes in the bottoms of my feet for a couple weeks.  Cleared right up, though!

Take care of your feets!  Grin

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 16, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »

Yeti,

Glad to hear you are back on your feet.

I had a Plantars wart once as well.  It hurt to step on it, so I did not ignore it for long.  I can relate.  Luckily it was my one and only occurence.

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »

I had a Plantar wart once as well.  It hurt to step on it, so I did not ignore it for long.  I can relate.  Luckily it was my one and only occurrence.
Similarly I had one as a teenager. It started like the feeling of having a small pebble trapped in the shoe and grew. I initially had the liquid nitrogen treatment (ineffective) and then the scalpel and silver nitrate (lunar caustic) treatment.

They tend to be called verrucas in the UK, hence the character name Verruca Salt in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 16, 2012, 02:26:54 PM »

Thanks everyone. I can't stress how much better it feels to run again without those on my feet.

If you ever find yourself in need to get one removed, my podiatrist used liquid nitrogen, and then put on some cantharidin (blister beetle extract) on top of the frozen areas. The following 24 hours was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced, but damn it worked well. Cantharidin is nasty stuff, but works well without resorting to cutting or burning. It creates some big painful blisters, but combine it with liquid nitrogen and it is really effective!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 17, 2012, 05:50:21 PM »

Never had those warts and hope to never, not sure I can imagine the pain and irritation of not being able to walk right.
(In KSO)Past few days been going out to ride bike around the park with the wife, went alone today and did two extra laps than with her and my legs are sore.
Now its time to finish off some barefoot sitting on the couch with my heavily shedding kitty.
Jeepman

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 17, 2012, 06:05:55 PM »

Had a very nice training run today in preparation of the St. Patrick's 10K race this weekend. I got below the 54 minute barrier for the first time since I broke my foot back in 2010. Ran a 53:51 this afternoon. Two days of rest and then the race on Saturday. I'm really looking forward to it.

Well it was a great day for a race. Temp at start time was 56F and sunny. Just a beautiful day for a race. I didn't finish in the top 10 of my age group, but had a great time never the less. The first place finisher in my age group (35 - 39) had a time of 38:18, pretty impressive for a weekend warrior. I finished with a time of 52:12, which I'm more than happy with. It should only get better as the season continues.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »

Went on a long walk pushing the Joovy Big Caboose and wearing my early generation thin soled Classics.

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2012, 07:13:53 PM »

Got a park that's like exactly 1/4 mile away from my house, jogged there barefoot and jogged/ walked back. It's 3/4 mile around the park, hoping if I do this daily that to around the park could be possible in about two weeks.
Just rediscovered a friend that I'd all but forgotten about and he does some of the local races and mud runs, would like to try and get into that with him.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »

Finished Week 7, Day 1 of C25K... 2.5 miles in under 25 minutes.  Just two weeks ago I failed at my goal of 2 miles in 20 minutes.  Feeling VERY accomplished right now.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »

As it is still getting warmer, finally back in the Treksports yesterday, then the Sprints today, after a seemingly long winter with only Evos and Flows...

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: