BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 20, 2014, 09:20:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 88296 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

Lets see, rode my bike around my development with hills 5 times, ran around it and walked my dogs around it all barefoot. Feels sooo much better and my feet feel great.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #690 on: April 19, 2012, 07:41:34 PM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 20, 2012, 02:08:08 AM »

Last couple of days I've been getting my 5k times down. It's getting better by 45 seconds or so each time, but still not overly fast. After a winter of being off my feet I'm easing back into it, but I feel much better now that I'm running again.

Today I changed my tires on my new WRX in my treks. Turned out to be an adventure, as I brought the tires to the underground parking at my building, only to realise that Subaru had supplied me with a 9" tire iron. It would have been as good if they gave me a picture of a tire iron. Had to buy a torque wrench (which I got for $50 off and didn't realise it until I got home, bonus!). Then my ratchet set didn't have a big enough drive size, so I made my second trip to Canadian tire(luckily its across the street). Had a few people stare at my feet while I was shopping. By the time I changed my tires over, I was covered in dirt. I forgot how dirty the parkade is in a mining town.

Took her for a ride and opened her up on a twisty part of road. The ride is a little more firm than with the other rubber on, and feels great. My wheels didn't fall off so I'm good! That beats paying a silly amount of money to have somebody else do it, and waiting at the tire shop for 3 hours!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
ScionGuy

ScionGuy is a new face.

Scion xB the toaster on wheels

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 20, 2012, 03:12:29 AM »

Located a local seller in Knoxville, TN called GB Shoes, listed on Vibrams Web as Houser Shoes, in my Treksports. Picked up a pair of Sprints for $65 tax and all with preferred card which was a freebie at purchase. Tried on a M42 was too big, went down to a M41 it fit perfectly. They had very limited models in the store in men's sizes. Models were Bikila LS in black grey and navy grey, Bikila in blue and black, Komodo Sport LS in green black and blue black, Treksport in black, KSO in black, Sprint in black, Classic in black, and Komodo Sport in black silver. Women's sizes were even more limited to Seeya in blue, Bikila LS in blue grey, Komodo Sport LS in black pink, and Bikila in light blue.

Bikila LS M41 - Grey/Black Standard Laces
KMD Sport LS M42 - Black/Green Standard Laces
Seeya LS M42 - Black/Grey
CVT LS M42 - Grey/White
Bikila M42 - White/Palm
KMD Sport M42 - Black/Blue
Seeya M42 - Black/Grey
Treksport M41 - Black/Grey
KSO M41 - Black
Signa M42
EL-X M42 - Orange/Grey
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 20, 2012, 04:12:37 AM »

Stubbed my left little toe into the corner of some furniture whilst walking barefoot round the house. Ow!

VFF: M46: KSO (Four colours), Trek (Brwn)x2, Trek LS (Blk), Treksport (Bk/Bk, Orange/Bk), KMDSport (Bk/Silver), EL-X (Black),
     Flow (Bk), Signa, Speed (Bk/Wht), Sprint (Wht/Blue, fake?); M47: Speed (Bk/Wht), Classic (Grey/Green, too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove (Blk), 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #693 on: April 20, 2012, 04:12:37 AM »

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 20, 2012, 06:53:45 AM »

Stubbed my left little toe into the corner of some furniture whilst walking barefoot round the house. Ow!

Sorry to hear, but it doesn't count unless it is purple, broke, and must be shoved into the toe pocket with a popsicle stick/pencil due to your dedication to VFF's... Grin 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #695 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:19 AM »

Today I wore my VFF's to work and went to the pistol range and qualified expert. It was fun leaving wet foot shaped footprints behind on the pavement after moving the target.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:57 AM »

I did the exact same thing on the day after Christmas.  I was walking around in my basement putting together the kid's toys, when I stubbed my left pinky toe on the wooden base of a lazy boy recliner.  My toe nail is still purple.  The nail seems to be firmly attached, so it is just a matter of the nail needing to grow out to rid me of the purple color.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 20, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »

Eeeh... I clipped my big toe on a kerb last Summer while wearing my Speeds, that hurt. I then had a purple blotch under my nail - it took 9 months to go away.  Undecided

Last week I wore my white Speeds off road, walked across some corn fields and tracks, it was good and they were very comfortable, but shoes are now a little dusty.

I do feel a little sorry for them, I bet they thought they were going to be a totally urban shoe considering their colouring. Not so.  Roll Eyes

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
vffjeeper04

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

Been barefoot since morning and drove to the auto parts store to pick up a serpatine belt and one of the employees asked, "where are your shoes?!" In a confused and inquisitive voice. Told her they're in my jeep. Don't see why people freak out when they see someone barefoot in a store.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »

Been barefoot since morning and drove to the auto parts store to pick up a serpatine belt and one of the employees asked, "where are your shoes?!" In a confused and inquisitive voice. Told her they're in my jeep. Don't see why people freak out when they see someone barefoot in a store.

If it is the AZ or Advance in Redlion they've never said anything to me.   She must have been flirting with a young guy Grin

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 21, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »

Went to lunch, the grocery store, and took the dog out with my boyfriend.  We both wore our classics.  I wore my smartwools while we cooked dinner: spinach gnocci with homemade tomato sauce and homemade chocolate mousse with homemade whipped cream.  OOHh yeah

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
vffjeeper04

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 21, 2012, 11:51:12 PM »

If it is the AZ or Advance in Redlion they've never said anything to me.   She must have been flirting with a young guy Grin

Haha yea the AZ in Red Lion.

barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 22, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »

Haha yea the AZ in Red Lion.

The family all in VFF's went to the Giant food store up at W-Commons after church and there was a girl in line at the Deli barefoot. 

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 22, 2012, 05:39:38 PM »

Been doing the store thing barefoot a lot lately, feels nice. The polished concrete floors feel the best of any.
Last Sunday went to a garden show in New Orleans City Park, then to Taco Tico (awesome little very cheap and tasty taco joint for those without one) and ate 5 or 6 $.29 tacos, got home and cut my grass, all barefoot and it was awesome.
Today I downloaded the Active.com C25K app for my phone and did the first day of it barefoot, barely made it through the whole thing, may be skinny but I sure am out of shape...
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 22, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »

Went to church in the Merrells in the morning, spent all of the afternoon in a rehearsal in formal all-leather shoes (my heels were killing me at the end of it), and went for another walk in my Speeds around the local streets in the evening (just over a mile in 20 mins). The weather this week (heavy rain showers) has not been conducive to walking in shoes that let in the wet.

My gait is improving a little: no feeling of twisting this time, and at the end of it just a tingling in the calf muscles to tell me that I'd been using them. I didn't try any periods of jogging this time (hence the slower time), but concentrated on trying to land without jarring and picking up without pushing.

VFF: M46: KSO (Four colours), Trek (Brwn)x2, Trek LS (Blk), Treksport (Bk/Bk, Orange/Bk), KMDSport (Bk/Silver), EL-X (Black),
     Flow (Bk), Signa, Speed (Bk/Wht), Sprint (Wht/Blue, fake?); M47: Speed (Bk/Wht), Classic (Grey/Green, too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove (Blk), 47 VB Synth Hiker
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 82
  Print  

Jump to: