BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 04:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 102288 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 22, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »

Been barefoot since morning and drove to the auto parts store to pick up a serpatine belt and one of the employees asked, "where are your shoes?!" In a confused and inquisitive voice. Told her they're in my jeep. Don't see why people freak out when they see someone barefoot in a store.

If it is the AZ or Advance in Redlion they've never said anything to me.   She must have been flirting with a young guy Grin

Haha yea the AZ in Red Lion.

The family all in VFF's went to the Giant food store up at W-Commons after church and there was a girl in line at the Deli barefoot. 

Interesting....may have to try that.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #705 on: April 22, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »

rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 23, 2012, 04:41:00 AM »

Took a fellow VFF lover on a 10 mile run!! She did good!

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 23, 2012, 12:38:24 PM »

Went for my long run of the week this morning. I had an early dinner last night (6PM) and didn't eat any breakfast this morning. Yeah, I knew it was going to be a mistake, but I was more curious as to what it would do to me. I hit the wall 4 miles in. Cardo was fine, but I was zapped at mile number 4. I slowed it down and headed home with new found information about myself. Very interesting.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: April 23, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »

Today I got my Merrell Tough Gloves in the mail (at 10am) and put them on right away. They are very comfortable with plenty of room for my toes. I wear size 12 (45 in most VFF styles). So I wore them the rest of the day at work programming communications equipment and walking around. Then I went to the gym in my KOMODOSPORT LS and headed home.

I was wondering how everyone seems to be going into places that serve and or sell food barefoot. I thought there were laws against that in most places.

« Reply #708 on: April 23, 2012, 01:24:34 PM »

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 23, 2012, 02:25:48 PM »

There are no laws or health codes against being barefoot. The only places not allowed are the ones that have it posted outside. I even go in some of those with out issue, but I also look presentable otherwise, going in bare and looking pretty rough may have different results.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:42 PM »

There are no laws or health codes against being barefoot. The only places not allowed are the ones that have it posted outside. I even go in some of those with out issue, but I also look presentable otherwise, going in bare and looking pretty rough may have different results.

I suppose there is a big difference in going barefoot and looking like a bum and going barefoot and looking like an average Joe.  I used to go barefoot as a child and I would ride my bike to the local convenience store and never once had an issue.  Apparently it is more socially acceptable for youths to be barefoot than adults. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 23, 2012, 04:47:57 PM »

I was wondering how everyone seems to be going into places that serve and or sell food barefoot. I thought there were laws against that in most places.

I've never had an issue, but use discretion and females can get away with more than guys can... and that's OK with me.  I prefer not to see your fury paws either which is why my VFF's are on except for when I'm running, I forgot to put them on/grab them while exiting the house and get to my destination, or I just feel like being me... 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »

Day 2 week 1 of C25k. My wife decided to start doing it with me, we didn't finish the entire thing by just the last Jog session and Cooldown walk. Shes got asthma so I didn't want to push her, think doing this  with me and some other bits of cardio may help with her asthma and stamina?
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 25, 2012, 05:01:20 AM »

What is C25k? -- hi, Koala3 -> #! :-)
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 25, 2012, 05:16:30 AM »

What is C25k? -- hi, Koala3 -> #! :-)
Couch to 25km. A training programme, mainly consisting of timed periods of walking and jogging/running.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 25, 2012, 11:04:37 AM »

@klanger, are you also a user and member of crunchbang?
It's couch to 5k, three days a week, 20-30 mins a day for 9 weeks. I really like the app I got from active.com for android. It tracks the path with gps, gives your average mile time and tell you what to do rather than having to watch a timer, we'll worth two bucks imo.
After yesterday's post a friend came over and we rode bikes for a couple miles then did a little barefoot run.
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 25, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

Yes cardio will help her asthma as well as staying away from dairy.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 25, 2012, 12:40:54 PM »

Thanks for the info about C25k.

Yes, I'm a member & a user (from time to time, when I'm @#$%! with distrohopping ;-) ) of crunchbang (since 2009, I think).

So, you can do that training barefoot, or is it so advanced that you need shoes (minimal, but yet shoes)?
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 25, 2012, 01:45:36 PM »

Small world, I love me some #!. 
I did the first day bare and yesterday with classics but only because my feet were tender from shoes all day at work. My feet are pretty resilient but even so the hot blacktop does a little number on me but nothing that causes downtime, slight blisters and a little peeled skin.
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 25, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »

Small world, I love me some #!. 
I did the first day bare and yesterday with classics but only because my feet were tender from shoes all day at work. My feet are pretty resilient but even so the hot blacktop does a little number on me but nothing that causes downtime, slight blisters and a little peeled skin.

Just be careful!  Slight blisters and peeled skin meen the "pads" and possibly form still need developing.  As a side note, if my feet have been shod all day (even VFF's), it takes at least an hour or two before they are dry enough for a long jaunt. 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: