BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 22, 2014, 12:13:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 97467 times)
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 25, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »

Small world, I love me some #!.
Sounds like a shell game to me. (Unix type joke... move along... nothing to see.)

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #720 on: April 25, 2012, 07:03:30 PM »

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 25, 2012, 09:20:56 PM »

Not sure about the form, no injuries yet and it feels the right but if I think about it too much while running then it starts to feel wrong because I'm thinking about it. When I first tried to get into running it was in VFFs and couldn't get it right so I took em off and didn't look back.
Light blister gone in a few hours is all I get on my big toes and the little top layer of peeled skin on the second toe, pull off the dead bit and all feels right.
Best way to get my feet tougher seems like light abuse but not to the point of injury, remember playing as a kid running on oyster shells and stuff.
kayb

kayb is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:18 AM »

It was like yesterday... but
I went car shopping, got into a conversation with a cars salesman about my KSO's after which told him to check out birthdayshoes.com because he wants to get them for his athletic son lol, and bought a car(not from said car salesman).
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »

Ran 13 miles. I hit 101 miles for this month so far!!

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
« Reply #723 on: April 26, 2012, 04:04:16 AM »

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 26, 2012, 08:11:53 AM »

A half marathon.. nice! Hope you transitioned to that point slowly! =)

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
koffeekev

koffeekev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 26, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »

I moved this from it's own thread. I actually meant to put it here but i'm a dope. Grin

Earth Day Attire

The University of Connecticut (UCONN) held an Earth Day event called "Spring Fling" to showcase the reduce, reuse, recyle, and sustainable programs offered on campus. The company I work for gave away almost 600 cups of iced coffee, both Fair Trade and Rainforest alliance. I work black dockers, a logo shirt and black leather KSO treks. There were several barefoot students and at the table next to me was a family that made bees wax crafts and candles. The dad and teen daughter were barefoot all day. I couldn't be for business reasons. I saw a couple students with FF's on and i had a few conversations about mine.

That evening I was receiving the "Good Neighbor Award" from Family Services of Greater Waterbury (CT) for my volunteer work in rehabilitating a former safe home to be home to a new population of Autism based clients. There were about 30 guests including people dressed in suits and business attire. I chose a black button down shirt, black tee shirt light khakis and my new day glow SeeYa's. Part of it was a dare from my cousin Laurie who it the director of operations for FSGW. When i received the award i started my acceptance speech with, "I wore my Five Fingers tonight because it's really hard for me to take myself too seriously when i'm wearing ridiculous footwear". I got the group laughing and off I went with stories of my wonderful experience as a project coordinator. I garnered a lot of attention and a couple women took pictures of my feet to bring home to their kids while many conversations were sparked about my barefoot and minimalist lifestyle. I still feel great about how the evening went.

*I'm barefoot for skeletel correctness*
kso black x 4
kso gray x1
kso flow black x1
kso treksport black x1
kso trek black x 2
kso trek brown x 3
classic tan x1
seeya's black neon x1
vivo aqueous black x1
vivo aqueous grey x1
vivo dharma black x1
vivo aqua brown x1
merrill radius glove b
Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »

Week 1 of C25k done!! My wife finished the entire 30 mins this time, ended up just over two miles and I done it bare! Need to find her some minimalist shoes, Converse don't fit that bill by a long shot...
I'm already finding that with this and more biking recently I can keep going longer, before it was just a short time before being winded.
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:25 PM »

Worked the trails today. Did a 1 mile trail run as a warm up. Did 8 hill sprint repeats - it was brutal! Finished with 2 more miles of trail running. The first half mile after the hill repeats my legs felt like jell-o. However, I was actually able to recover on the run and felt quite strong at the end. I'm totally psyched on how well my training is going.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 26, 2012, 11:38:54 PM »

A half marathon.. nice! Hope you transitioned to that point slowly! =)

I was running in my NB Minimus Trails for a bit and then swapped back to the VFF's. I think transition was fairly smooth/slow. My legs dont hurt today, but my feet have a slight soreness to them. I can barely tell though. Might just take today off anyways.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 27, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

I did a 2.5k barefoot run on rough asphalt path (added some extra meters  since my last run) and ended up with a nice blister :-)

Seems my form needs an improvement (which is not so strange after all I'm just a beginner).

This is not my foot, but I get similar blisters (on my left foot) - now, what am I doing wrong, that I end up with something similar (but smaller and kind of more red, like blood blister) after 2.5k of run? Any idea?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:33:56 AM by klanger » Logged
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 27, 2012, 07:21:54 AM »

I did a 2.5k barefoot run on rough asphalt path (added some extra meters  since last my run) and ended up with a nice blister :-)

Seems my form needs an improvement (which is not so strange after all I'm just a beginner).

This is not my foot, but I get similar blisters (on my left foot) - now, what am I doing wrong, that I end up with something similar (but smaller and kind of more red, like blood blister) after 2.5k of run? Any idea?

On my longer runs <5 miles I get the same thing right under the second metatarsal. For me its not a form issue, but the thin pad in my foot. I don't have much natrual padding in my foot, so that area under the second metatarsal gets beat up even when I run extra soft. From what other members have written on the forum, this is not that uncommon.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 27, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »

I recognise that foot, ahem, probably because it belongs to me. Wink

What you can see in the photo is a hard callous on the 2nd metatarsal - typical of Morton's Foot. (This is not the same as Morton's Neuroma) The metatarsal in my big toe is shorter, so when I walk and run I have no option but to toe-off on my second metatarsal, not my first, either that or twist my feet outwards a bit to place weight on the big toe metatarsal, which doesn't look good..  Undecided If I go for long walks or a run now I put tape under the big toe met so I don't stress my other mets out as much.

As my big toe looks roughly the same size as my second toe it wasn't obvious to identify as Mortons, for me I needed to bend my toes down and find and mark out the joints  - this webpage shows how -

http://www.triggerpointbook.com/mortons.htm

Seeing how yours are blisters though it's probably just from rubbing the asphalt. If you do have heavy callouses on your second Mets though it's worth checking for Mortons - it's actually quite common.

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 27, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »

Yes, it is your foot  Grin

Below is my foot (sorry for low quality, I've used my cell phone) - arrows are pointing the "bloody" blisters.

Thanks for replies and the link (will have to read that this evening).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:33:35 AM by klanger » Logged
ScionGuy

ScionGuy is a new face.

Scion xB the toaster on wheels

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 28, 2012, 08:19:47 PM »

Gotta love prom. Cousin had senior prom tonight so cleaned up my grandfathers Buick and the 3500 HD dually. KSO's worked great for washing both vehicles with the pressure washer, although they were completely soaked inside and out when I was done, and Bikila LS were great when cleaning the inside of the Buick.

W42 - Classic (2 pair), Speed (2 pair), Classic Fresca, Bikila & KSO Evo,  Jaya, Spyridon LS
M42 - Classic, Sprint, KSO, KSO Remix, KSO Evo, Speed, KMD Sport & LS, Seeya & LS, Bikila & LS, Treksport, CVT LS, EL-X
Altra Adam & Eve
NB Minimus
Merrell Bare Access & Arc, Flux & True Glove
Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: April 29, 2012, 03:15:32 AM »

Worked outside all day. Pressure washed my back patio and the paving stones on the side of the house. It took about 3 hours, all barefoot.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: