BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 27, 2014, 08:10:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 106304 times)
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »

Very very public today (well, yesterday now).

I ran a polling station in the UK's local elections in my Speeds. 6.30am-10pm. My feet are happy. The rest of me's shattered. The only people to comment on them were the other station staff, "They look comfortable." and one candidate's agent.

A few hundred other people passed through the station without noticing or commenting.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #750 on: May 03, 2012, 07:53:54 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 03, 2012, 09:17:30 PM »

Ran my fastest run to date, 5.5 km at an average speed of 10 km/hour in my Bikilas.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 04, 2012, 12:02:20 AM »

Ran my fastest run to date, 5.5 km at an average speed of 10 km/hour in my Bikilas.

wow! nice! Thats a pretty fast pace.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »

For my little slow self, yes it is...

Treksport Pink
Flow Black
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
« Reply #753 on: May 04, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 06, 2012, 08:29:47 PM »

Drove home from Edmonton barefoot today. 450km drive, all on crazy small two way highways. Great drive, and I love driving the Subaru on those roads. It's great for passing massive industrial loads!!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »

Drove home from Edmonton barefoot today. 450km drive, all on crazy small two way highways. Great drive, and I love driving the Subaru on those roads. It's great for passing massive industrial loads!!

I always drive barefoot, no matter weather conditions.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:43 PM »

I always drive barefoot, no matter weather conditions.

I've never done it until today, but I will from now on, at least for longer drives. Maybe not in the winter, when it's -30 outside, with my car all full of sand and salt. Still though, I like the sensation. I can feel the clutch even better than in my luna sandals or VFFs, so those quick gear changes felt nice. The pedals on my WRX are pretty big, with small circular rubber pads on them, adding a really nice texture, with lots of grip. I'll do it from now on!!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 07, 2012, 06:14:37 AM »

Haha nice, yea when its snowing i dont but even when its cold my heater in my jeep makes up for it.  It becomes weird to drive with shoes after driving barefoot for so long.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 07, 2012, 07:13:02 AM »

Over the weekend I did a 13 mile circuit hike in Shenandoah National Park along the Mt. Knob/Jeremy's Run Trails.  Quite a bit of the trail would have been fine for barefooting but since the terrain changes so rapidly I opted to keep my KSO's on the entire time.  The best part of this hike is coming back up Jeremy's Run which is a swift moving creek.  We had to cross it 14 times!  The slippery rocks would have been tough navigating without any shoes but my KSO's did fine.
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 07, 2012, 08:02:13 AM »

Did a short 1k in my Speeds - muddy grass terrain... not my favourite surface at all but it was just for the experience of participating in a barefoot race with lots of other people. Smiley

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
kayb

kayb is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 07, 2012, 09:19:22 AM »

Haha I have to drive barefoot.  Otherwise u can't feel the pedal well enough. I drive so much better barefoot.
The really bad day was when I tried driving in my snow boots  Shocked
Horse Rider

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 07, 2012, 09:53:13 AM »

I haven't owned a car in 9 years, in Mtl with the metro I don't need it, but when I did I used to drive barefoot to keep my car clean, I will keep doing that with my new electric car when I move to Qc City in a little while...

Treksport Pink
Flow Black
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 09, 2012, 01:53:43 AM »

I had a nice evening walk around our like, with my girlfriend. I was barefoot, and she was shod :-)
It was about 7-8km, the path is paved (hard asphalt).
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 10, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »

Im pretty confident my Bikilas did something special because the arch tightness/pain i had been dealing with basically doesn't happen any more since switching from the ksos for running. After a long 7 day brake from running i went out and ran 2 miles, upping it about .5 miles from my last run. part of my run was also on a dirt/slightly rocky trail then soft grass before doing the last 1.5miles on pavement. Even after i started to feel arch pain i changed the stride and form a bit and it went away and i was able to branch out and run a different route than my usual circle. It will take a while to get my bad cardio system to catch up so it was a some what of a strenuous run but im young and recover very quickly. Upping the run again to 2 miles sure felt good though! Gonna work on it more now that school is out for the summer! Weekly 5ks by the end of summer? I hope so!

side note, i find it odd that the bikilas are AMAZING to run in, but for just causal wear they are by far my least favorite (although i think they tie with my trek sports for best looking). the heel rubs and i was getting tight and constricting TOFP when sitting down for a couple of hours (went away when i was walking and standing).

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:13 AM »

Ran a 20:04 for my 3-mile run during my PFT.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: