BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:11:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 99254 times)
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »

I took a city bike (free for 20 min.) for a tour, barefoot, since I had some papers to deliver. It is an awesome idea, that one can use a bike without a charge for 20 minutes in a city centre! So cool.
« Reply #765 on: May 11, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: May 11, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »

Played a round of golf in my treks this morning. I'll play in them when it's dry (like it is right now). I'm not a fan of golfing in wet feet, so if it's wet I'll play in my new true links wear shoes which aren't too bad.

Long story short I hit the ball pretty well and broke 90 on a par 72. Pretty pleased with that result for a weekend hacker!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 11, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

Walked to work and didn't bother to change shoes once there in my Slate Sprints, for once it's not raining...

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: May 11, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

Went to work wearing my KomodoSport LS' with khakis. Later in the afternoon,I switched to shorts and my black Classics for a trip down to Safeway.
« Reply #768 on: May 11, 2012, 08:44:20 PM »

wdwillever

wdwillever is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: May 12, 2012, 02:21:42 AM »

Ran 2 miles in my Spyridon's and then did crossfit at the gym in my Komodo Sports.

Black KSO
Black KSO Trek
Black and White Speed
Black, Silver, Grey Komodo Sport
Military Green and Black Spyridon
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 12, 2012, 07:24:42 AM »

Did about 1 mile on treadmill in normal running shoes but in a barefoot stylee - went ok, never felt like I was heelstriking at all.

Then took off the shoes and ran 1/2 mile in socks and felt fine - tomorrow will tell on the calfs no doubt.

Pick up the Bikila LS next week - cant wait.
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 12, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »

Walked a few miles down the canal towpath in my VFF's - what a lovely day!

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 12, 2012, 09:26:35 PM »

That quote in your signature, Sablewings, is so deliciously weird... did someone really say that?

And I hiked my favorite mountain today for the first time in months, had to explain my Treksports to a few interested bystanders and heard many others whisper about them... And... very rare occurence, saw a guy in Bikilas LS...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:09:15 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 13, 2012, 04:20:54 PM »

Ran in my Classics and started getting hot spot on the balls of my feet. 2 weeks ago same thing happened when i was running barefoot, found out I was overstriding. Gonna let off a day and try to correct my form.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 13, 2012, 10:45:58 PM »

Spent the day yesterday in Edmonton, and hung out in their insanely massive mall. Met up with my brother who just moved out there from Halifax for work. We spent the afternoon at some of the attractions at the mall while my wife shopped for clothes. I wore my Luna equus all day, which are so comfortable. We went to the gun range and shot a couple types of pistols at zombie targets. I'll be good to have around for the apocalypse, but not my brother, haha. Then we hit the mindbender, one of the fastest indoor triple loop roller coasters out there. I've heard it has some of the highest g levels recorded in a roller coaster. It didn't look too intense, but I was surprised at how fast it was. Pretty intense!

I had a few comments about my sandals, people in stores asking me about them as they are very broken in and super comfortable.

After the mall, we went and saw the Black Keys play Rexall Place. Great show!! They have been my favourite band for a few years, and they rocked. The arctic monkeys opened for them, and they were probably the best opener I've ever seen.

We had an awesome Saturday!!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 14, 2012, 05:38:16 AM »

I had a great morning today. Went for a short (2.5k) barefoot run, but this time I've incensed my cadence (keeping my speed at the same slow level) & "lifted" my feet, as well as bended my knees even more then before. I don't know what was my frequency, but it was good enough for my barefoot soles to be intact after 2.5k distance on hard, and rocky asphalt. No blisters, no nothing, just pure fun hehe :-)

Yeah! This is all because of Ken Bobs book. I have to buy a paper copy of this book, no doubt about that :-)

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 15, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »

Got sprayed with OC for my certification in my Flows, getting baton certified on my speeds.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
kissel

kissel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »

Spent the day yesterday in Edmonton, and hung out in their insanely massive mall. Met up with my brother who just moved out there from Halifax for work. We spent the afternoon at some of the attractions at the mall while my wife shopped for clothes. I wore my Luna equus all day, which are so comfortable. We went to the gun range and shot a couple types of pistols at zombie targets. I'll be good to have around for the apocalypse, but not my brother, haha. Then we hit the mindbender, one of the fastest indoor triple loop roller coasters out there. I've heard it has some of the highest g levels recorded in a roller coaster. It didn't look too intense, but I was surprised at how fast it was. Pretty intense!

I had a few comments about my sandals, people in stores asking me about them as they are very broken in and super comfortable.

After the mall, we went and saw the Black Keys play Rexall Place. Great show!! They have been my favourite band for a few years, and they rocked. The arctic monkeys opened for them, and they were probably the best opener I've ever seen.

We had an awesome Saturday!!

West Ed Mall is pretty awesome.  I had a great time in Edmonton when I was working there a few years ago.  I was in the Sherlock Holmes Tavern downtown almost every night.  Never rented a car.  Everybody was amazed when I told them I walked from downtown (stayed next door to the MacDonald Hotel) to Whyte Ave.  After a week, they started calling me the local because I knew where everything was.  However, I stuck out like a sore thumb because of my native Atlanta southern drawl.
Mhensen

Mhensen is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 15, 2012, 05:35:38 PM »

Started out for a short run in my Bikila LS's and my calves were too tight so stopped Angry try again tomorrow Undecided
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 15, 2012, 06:29:33 PM »

Got sprayed with OC for my certification in my Flows, getting baton certified on my speeds.

Keep this up and you'll be hanging at Sheetz eating donuts and getting coffee in no time!  Grin  All the old timers I grew up harassing are retiring before my kids hit the years that I might need a courtesy call, so you need to stay around Wink

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: