BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 03:41:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 102285 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

Haha yeah, I'm trying to stay within the york, adams, lanc, harrisburg area.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 16, 2012, 05:01:40 AM »

Got told off for running on a treadmill in my socks - health & safety apparently - This is England as Joe Strummer (RIP) used to sing....
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 16, 2012, 05:51:13 AM »

Got told off for running on a treadmill in my socks - health & safety apparently

And what did they say the danger from running in socks was? Or was it just, "You can't do that: health and safety."

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:03 AM »

There was a danger of getting the sock trapped between the moving belt and the fixed side rail and I could get friction burns - feasible I suppose.  I didnt argue as I was just finishing doing a couple more 100 metres as my earlier session on the treadmill had timed out at max time of usage (set for 25mins)
« Reply #783 on: May 16, 2012, 06:07:03 AM »

vffjeeper04

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 16, 2012, 12:06:37 PM »

So yesterday after trudging through water and wet grass in my flows and speeds i washed them first thing as i got home. I did drive barefoot on the way home and today to class like i always do.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 17, 2012, 02:37:40 PM »

On Saturday I was pressure washing my deck and I wore my Navy/Gray/Yellow Classics.  When I was finished, the shoes were nearly completely white and soaking wet.  I decided it was the perfect opportunity to wash them, so I scrubbed them with Dawn dish soap and a tile grout cleaning brush.  The brush works great and fits inside the toe pockets.  The grayish brown foam emitting from the shoes while I was scrubbing was kind of gross.  I then rinsed them out a few times and threw them in the wash machine with a load of clothes.  They came out clean as new and odor free.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 19, 2012, 06:51:39 PM »

Ran the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon in my Bikilas.  Not my first HM, but my first in VFFs.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 21, 2012, 07:09:09 AM »

My daughter and I ran in the Maryland Warrior Dash this weekend!  I wore KSO's and she wore Bikilas.  Neither of us had any problems at all with the obstacles or with slipping - even though my KSO's have the more slick original sole.  I guess I've grown accustomed to their traction limitations and compensate by choosing my footings more carefully.  There were plenty of other VFF's out on the course - I'd easily guess 10-15% which is pretty significant.  I even saw one guy running barefoot.  I thought about doing that myself but the uncertainty of what's buried in the mud made me err on the side of caution.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 21, 2012, 03:10:19 PM »

Well not today, but tomorrow I will be wearing my Bikila's on a plane to the Dominican Republic.  I'll have them with me in case I get the urge to run while on vacation.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 21, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »

Sadly,nothing.(I'm recovering from tearing my big toenail,which I'll have to have removed on Friday.)

What this all means is,I'll have to suffer all week without wearing my FiveFingers.Bah humbug.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 24, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »

played 9 holes and played Frisbee in my trek sports yesterday, then today spent all day in my bikilas, most of the day was spent going to the zoo!

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 24, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »

Went rockpooling in my Speeds on Monday while at the beach - they offered very good grip on the dry stones, and I had some fun but the seaweedy ones no grip... - barefoot or shod that green stuff is slippery regardless!  Wink

At one point my foot slid forward off a rock into a pool and I ended up with a sopping wet Vibram. Took my socks off then and walked around like that, the shoes were dry enough by the end of the day. Smiley

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
vffjeeper04

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: May 24, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »

Spent the last day if the academy in my Speeds for handcuffing.

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 24, 2012, 09:47:04 PM »

Spent the last day if the academy in my Speeds for handcuffing.
Always lock that secondary, or people like me will get out Cheesy

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: May 25, 2012, 02:28:24 AM »

After wearing my bikilas around quite a bit for the last few days I think they have gotten bumped up to my favorite pair of Vibrams. After conforming to my feet and stretching out a bit they fit SO much better and the silky smooth lining on the inside seals the deal for comfort. I love wearing the bikilas, not to mention I think they look the best by far!

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: