BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 23, 2014, 10:24:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 88646 times)
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »

2.6 miles in 50 minutes, walking on the pavement (US: sidewalk). Up a steep hill, then a mile of flat, then back the same way. My lower legs and feet are now tingling nicely. At one point I ran about 20 yards: it felt comfortable.

EDIT (12 hours later): After sitting for about an hour following the walk, the leg muscles were stiff. A good sign, I think. Even this morning, I was aware that I'd been exercising those muscle groups. Incidentally, the walk was in the KSOs. If the weather is favourable, I'll probably repeat it this evening -- the sunset over the West Pennine Moors was colourful.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:22:28 AM by nowster » Logged

VFF: M46: KSO (Four colours), Trek (Brwn)x2, Trek LS (Blk), Treksport (Bk/Bk, Orange/Bk), KMDSport (Bk/Silver), EL-X (Black),
     Flow (Bk), Signa, Speed (Bk/Wht), Sprint (Wht/Blue, fake?); M47: Speed (Bk/Wht), Classic (Grey/Green, too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove (Blk), 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #870 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »

klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 23, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »

I have just finished a nearly 9km trail barefoot run (with a bit of walking and sprinting in a forest - Fartlek training, credit goes to Jason from BF running uni. http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2012/06/10/the-long-fartlek-another-option-for-ultramarathon-training/).

I did some downhill trail sprints, using a Ken Bobs Saxton technique (I've read about it in his book) and some tips from Natural Running Centre (from a YT video) and those moments of my today's run will for sure be unforgettable! The speed, the wind... what I only had to do, was as simple as letting my body do the whole work, without me disturbing its primal nature movement!

The trail was awesome - muddy and very hard because of the rain that was raining for 3 day (today it is sunny Saturday).

Have a great weekend!
Twist

Twist is a new face.

Ars celare verum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #872 on: June 24, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »

I spent all day yesterday at Europa Park in my VFF's.

The Silver Star
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:54:33 AM by Twist » Logged
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

I spent all day yesterday at Europa Park in my VFF's.

The Silver Star
oh I am so jealous! I miss roller coasters so much. Haven't been to an amusement park in so long. The closest one is lagoon in salt lake which is about 5 hours.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
« Reply #873 on: June 24, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 24, 2012, 02:43:29 PM »

Tasty!   Cheesy

My first thought was "When are McRibs coming back?"

Invasive species just taste better.  Smiley

Yesterday I wore my new Komodosports when I played disc golf for the first time.  The whole experience would have been awesome even if it hadn't happened in gorgeous northern California where I'm visiting my brother.  The course was 18 holes in a redwood grove behind Humboltd State University, where he's a student. It'll definitely be hard for future courses I play on to compare.  The redwood groves are probably my favorite places in the world, and it was pretty damn cool to try a fun new sport that's basically hiking with random intervals of throwing things. I'll be playing again before I leave and I'll try to get some pictures.
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 24, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »

"Extreme" barefoot sunday (in a Rope Park) :-)

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 24, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »

"Extreme" barefoot sunday (in a Rope Park) :-)

No fair!
This is on the agenda for Wednesday this week.  I can't wait for the canopy course and putting the kids in the "hamster balls"..... 

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:35 AM »

No fair!
This is on the agenda for Wednesday this week.  I can't wait for the canopy course and putting the kids in the "hamster balls"..... 

hehe :-)

Have fun.

Conopy like real conopy (ropes made of natural materials) or like steal ropes?
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 26, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »

I spent the day painting my deck rails.  I was in my Classics.  Needless to say, I have some interesting tan lines today.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 27, 2012, 03:19:20 PM »

Today I took my dog to a lake for a swim. I decided to get rid of my shoes to get in the (undeep) water. On my way back to the car, I didn't put my shoes back on but enjoyed the sand, the feeling of walking IN the woods. I'm wearing my VFF the whole day, every day, but walking around outside barefoot is new... and I liked it!  Smiley

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
TMG

TMG is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32:12 AM »

This with a cooler full of ice cold beer  Grin

KSO x2, classics, sprints, komodosports LS, seeya, treksport
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 29, 2012, 07:45:41 AM »

@ TMG: Life is great, isn't it?  Smiley

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 29, 2012, 09:40:06 AM »

This is from yesterday....
The day started with me dropping off my pressure washer at my moms before heading on a hiking day trip.  I was walking out to our Land Rover and an older gent walked up and asked directions.  I continued to the Rover where the family was.  The guy started coming back towards the passenger side as I was getting in saying, "Sir, sir, I just have one more question".  As I'm "not" answering his questions, I started the Rover and started backing up.  A van with blacked out windows backs up from down the street blocking me in.  All I can think is we are being robbed and of all times, neither my wife or I are carrying our pistols....  A latino guy gets out of the van asking me what's my name, repeating I said what's your name, show me your ID.  I reach for my ID and they both "stand down"...  Quickly flash their US Marshals badge and said that they are tracking a fugitive driving a LR just like mine and are off and gone quicker than they came....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 29, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

This is from yesterday....
The day started with me dropping off my pressure washer at my moms before heading on a hiking day trip.  I was walking out to our Land Rover and an older gent walked up and asked directions.  I continued to the Rover where the family was.  The guy started coming back towards the passenger side as I was getting in saying, "Sir, sir, I just have one more question".  As I'm "not" answering his questions, I started the Rover and started backing up.  A van with blacked out windows backs up from down the street blocking me in.  All I can think is we are being robbed and of all times, neither my wife or I are carrying our pistols....  A latino guy gets out of the van asking me what's my name, repeating I said what's your name, show me your ID.  I reach for my ID and they both "stand down"...  Quickly flash their US Marshals badge and said that they are tracking a fugitive driving a LR just like mine and are off and gone quicker than they came....

Sounds scary. Glad it turned out okay.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 29, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »

Last Sunday, I stood on the side of the road baking my feet on the hot tarmac in my Stormy Sea Classics while my boyfriend was helping the paramedics, police and firefighters free an 84 year old woman from turned over car. She had had an accident seconds before we drove by, BF is a cop and a first respondant, so...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:15:36 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 82
  Print  

Jump to: