BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 19, 2014, 11:10:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 109157 times)
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

Me too,  Undecided

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

I have the classics and they are my go to VFF most the time.

ontopic, today I had a disappointing run....I can normally run around my block barefoot but today i got 3/4 around and started feeling the stupid hot spot feeling again on the balls of my feet....may of have been the pavement was still a bit too hot today.  Other times it was warm but not hot like today.

If you were bare, try carrying your VFF's like weights and throw them on when needed.  Also, mix up the surfaces when you can to cool those pads.  I find the painted lines, concrete water paths, and even tar strips can give relief depending on the time of day when running bare on the road.....  If it's been seriosly hot, I've been known to take a few steps in pebbles or even grass for a couple steps and then dart back out on the pavement....  It can be fun trying to figure out what temperature the surface is going to be.  Yesterday ironically it was the red steps and porch at my house and not the drive or concrete patio.....
Kinda nice problem to have - here in the UK its usually too cold & wet to even contemplate going bare foot - not to mention the dog poo and the broken glass
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 11, 2012, 08:39:55 PM »

Kinda nice problem to have - here in the UK its usually too cold & wet to even contemplate going bare foot - not to mention the dog poo and the broken glass

Yeah, I've done the dog poo thing (deer is worse)....  Although not desireable, cleaning my feet was better than cleaning off the VFF's....  Wet grass would have worked great, so that's a positive to your weather woes....  I hope your weather across the pond turns for the better.....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 11, 2012, 10:14:55 PM »

... not to mention the dog poo and the broken glass
On Sunday I did tread in dog poo in my Speeds. Not nice, and very difficult to get out of the texture of the soles. A scrub didn't get rid of all of it, so into the washing machine they went.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #858 on: June 11, 2012, 10:14:55 PM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 14, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »

Spent most of yesterday in my Speeds at Hershey park. Had to switch to my flip flops near the end cuz of the laces digging into my foot. Time to get the speed lacing.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 18, 2012, 05:07:17 AM »

5K dawn run then to see the olympic flame off from our area and got to run alongside it for a bit
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 18, 2012, 05:20:15 AM »

Walked ~15km barefoot in our local forest, and have met... wild boar with about 10 littles. About 2km later, there was another wild animal, "bambi" :-D

Also I've run barefoot 5km on gravel, on friday.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:26:17 AM by klanger » Logged
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 18, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »

@monkeyshoes 
I don't mind the deer, as it was rather frightened, but the boar with small wild piglets was something that I wasn't happy to see (from such a small distance -> 10-15m). Thankfully, the wind was blowing towards us, so we were invisible :-)
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »

Walked ~15km barefoot in our local forest, and have met... wild boar with about 10 littles. About 2km later, there was another wild animal, "bambi" :-D

Also I've run barefoot 5km on gravel, on friday.

Niiiice!

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 18, 2012, 01:50:16 PM »

Tasty!   Cheesy

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 18, 2012, 03:20:34 PM »

Scary  Grin
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 18, 2012, 10:06:06 PM »

Tasty!   Cheesy

My first thought was "When are McRibs coming back?"
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2012, 04:23:32 AM »

Yesterday, I rode 3,5 kilometers with my dog-scooter on my Komodos, my border collie in front of it, still getting used to the feel of her pulling harness.
Good training, I only use my forefoot to push off, so great for building strength in my feet.

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2012, 07:16:03 PM »

2.6 miles in 50 minutes, walking on the pavement (US: sidewalk). Up a steep hill, then a mile of flat, then back the same way. My lower legs and feet are now tingling nicely. At one point I ran about 20 yards: it felt comfortable.

EDIT (12 hours later): After sitting for about an hour following the walk, the leg muscles were stiff. A good sign, I think. Even this morning, I was aware that I'd been exercising those muscle groups. Incidentally, the walk was in the KSOs. If the weather is favourable, I'll probably repeat it this evening -- the sunset over the West Pennine Moors was colourful.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:22:28 AM by nowster » Logged

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 23, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »

I have just finished a nearly 9km trail barefoot run (with a bit of walking and sprinting in a forest - Fartlek training, credit goes to Jason from BF running uni. http://barefootrunninguniversity.com/2012/06/10/the-long-fartlek-another-option-for-ultramarathon-training/).

I did some downhill trail sprints, using a Ken Bobs Saxton technique (I've read about it in his book) and some tips from Natural Running Centre (from a YT video) and those moments of my today's run will for sure be unforgettable! The speed, the wind... what I only had to do, was as simple as letting my body do the whole work, without me disturbing its primal nature movement!

The trail was awesome - muddy and very hard because of the rain that was raining for 3 day (today it is sunny Saturday).

Have a great weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: