BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 24, 2014, 09:53:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 105957 times)
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »

2 hr bike ride in my vivos and 4 mile run in my bikilas

« Reply #885 on: June 30, 2012, 08:16:07 AM »

Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: June 30, 2012, 08:00:29 PM »

Went to the Wimbledon Tennis Championships on Tuesday, and wore my pair of black Speeds. At least one pair of VFF have now been in the All England Lawn & Tennis Club. Wink

I didn't get a single comment or question, and I even had a couple of slips of paper in my bag all prepared! (It has the name of the shoes plus two websites they can buy them from) perhaps they are getting more mainstream now?

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: July 01, 2012, 07:02:00 AM »

Went to the Wimbledon Tennis Championships on Tuesday, and wore my pair of black Speeds. At least one pair of VFF have now been in the All England Lawn & Tennis Club. Wink

I didn't get a single comment or question, and I even had a couple of slips of paper in my bag all prepared! (It has the name of the shoes plus two websites they can buy them from) perhaps they are getting more mainstream now?

Its about this time of year that I (and probably half of Britain) think it would be good to visit Wimbledon.  Ive always thought its very difficult to get a ticket, so how did you manage it ?

What annoyed me yesterday was they announced that it was full yet in every match transmitted on BBC there were big areas of empty seats - especially Court 2
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »

Yoga, in a public park (with a group of other barefoot people).
« Reply #888 on: July 01, 2012, 08:26:25 AM »

BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: July 03, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »

Couple of cool days in my new Komodosports. First, I played disc golf for the first time. I was visiting my brother, who goes to school in northern California. They have an awesome frolf course in the thick of a redwood forest right behind campus. I was pretty terrible my first game, but I stayed pretty close to par just a little later. My VFFed feet loved the whole thing. There were huge stumps to climb and ledges to jump over, and any surface that wasn't wood was nice, soft loam.
The next day I went back, got un-sober, and played the course a few more times, first with my brother and then on my own. I made par on all of the first 5 holes. This sport might be my newest addiction.
While I was out there on the second day I invented a new (for me) sport. I call it Runreallyfastdownhill. You play by finding a nice hill and running down it. But it can't be just any hill. It has to be the gnarliest, bumpiest, tree stumpiest motherf***er of a downhill you can find. I found a nice stretch between holes 6 and 7 that I ran over and over. I had the best lines around all the corners and the best way to manage the huge log across the trail without losing speed all figured out. It was an amazing feeling, gliding over humps and around gargantuan trees, with leaves whipping past and my feet blurring faster than I would have thought possible, in long bounds and quick stutter steps, somehow keeping me perfectly balanced. Trail runnig seems like an even more awesome idea now, but once I'm back in Arizona I'll be stuck with desert scrub again, which is much less forgiving on feet and knees.
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: July 03, 2012, 10:18:13 AM »

Friday ran a 10k+ run in oostend in the komodosports then saturday walked from oostende to the atlantic wall and all around the atlantic wall in classics then spent the rest of the trip until i got home in the vivobarefoot achilles which included lots of walking around bruge and the ferry trip
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: July 03, 2012, 02:55:12 PM »

Went to lowes to pick up supplies to expand on a solar radiant heat system I started last year.  I ended up pulling a razor blade out of my tyre when I got home.....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: July 03, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »

Spent all day yesterday unpacking and organizing the new apartment for me and the fiance.  Apparently I am not as used to the barefoot lifestyle as I thought.  I was always barefoot at my parents house but that was carpeted, this is vinyl tiling over a hard floor.  The dogs are barking today enough that I went with some conventional shoes to work.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »

Went to lowes to pick up supplies to expand on a solar radiant heat system I started last year.  I ended up pulling a razor blade out of my tyre when I got home.....

Judging from that tire, it looks like you drove a tractor to Lowes.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: July 03, 2012, 06:29:20 PM »

Judging from that tire, it looks like you drove a tractor to Lowes.

Something much more fun....  It's my old military M35a2 6x6, runs on anything I throw in the tank (gotta love uncle sam)...  Right now it's a mix of filtered used motor oil/transmission fluid, kero, stale gas, and a little diesel  Grin .....

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: July 03, 2012, 11:51:23 PM »

more pics of the 6x6 haha. that is bad ass!!

it's a mix of filtered used motor oil/transmission fluid, kero, stale gas, and a little diesel
Seriously?! That's even more bad ass! How is that engine built that it will run on a mixture of anything flamible.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: July 04, 2012, 09:19:07 AM »

it's a mix of filtered used motor oil/transmission fluid, kero, stale gas, and a little diesel
Seriously?! That's even more bad ass! How is that engine built that it will run on a mixture of anything flamible.

It's called a multi-fuel or "hyper-cycle" engine.  It is strictly (very high) compression based for ignition.  It's truly an engineering marvel of the past and almost unstoppable, almost.....  Wink  I have a soft spot for underdog "engineered" vehicles and saving pieces of history from the scrapper.....  This one also is just an old "steel soldier" that served our country well and will be restored to live out it's retirement to educate future generations.  Just like you learned that there was a vehicle that will literally run on any liquid that throw's a BTU and at 13,030lbs gets better fuel economy than my 1 ton Chevy....          
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 09:24:23 AM by barefootin » Logged

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #897 on: July 04, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »

It's called a multi-fuel or "hyper-cycle" engine.  It is sUuuuuuuuuuuuuutrictly (very high) compression based for ignition.  It's truly an engineering marvel of the past and almost unstoppable, almost.....  Wink  I have a soft spot for underdog "engineered" vehicles and saving pieces of history from the scrapper.....  This one also is just an old "steel soldier" that served our country well and will be restored to live out it's retirement to educate future generations.  Just like you learned that there was a vehicle that will literally run on any liquid that throw's a BTU and at 13,030lbs gets better fuel economy than my 1 ton Chevy....          

Oh my god, I could spend hours pouring over that thing looking at how it all works. The axles must be like 2.5 ton rockwells or something similar right? So the engine is just a super heavy duty diesel...that thing is amazing. Ever take it off road haha?

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: July 04, 2012, 02:21:39 PM »

Toh-shu,
PM'd you as to not bore others with details... Wink

klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #899 on: July 04, 2012, 06:14:24 PM »

I've run about 5-6km on my way home (barefoot, on a forest trail) & went in my DIY minimal sandals on a Faith No More concert :-D
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: