BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 23, 2014, 12:39:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 105799 times)
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »

Went to Lagoon near SLC, and spent the entire day, 10am to 9pm in my spyridons. My legs and feet could not be happier! They felt awesome the entire day. The spyridons are incredible   Grin

While there I also saw 8 others wearing five fingers (2 of those had the same spyridons as me ha) one pair of the body glove toe shoes, and no skele toes and no adipures....so I guess in slc vibrams are still king.  Wink   surprisingly no direct comments all day. A few times while in line I heard some little comments like "look, thoes shoes have toes" but nothing big at all. There is not another pair of shoes on this earth I would rather wear, especially for stuff like this, then my vibram five fingers.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:56:53 PM by toh-shu » Logged

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
« Reply #915 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:00 PM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 14, 2012, 06:49:47 AM »

Did 10km on the bike and a very comfortable 1.2km run today - wanted to do more but concious of TMTS.  Having just got VFFs, I was a victim a couple of months ago of TKTT (too keen to try) where I didnt do my usual time of nordic ski and cycle warm up prior to running (only did about 1/3rd of normal) and pulled a calf muscle 300 yards in - had to nurse that for about 3 weeks

Is there a distance 'barrier' to break through (eg 4 or 5 miles and no calf burn), after which you can go for as long as you like (within reason) ? - this 10% increase a week is just too slow for me  Sad - but that seems to be the case for most folks that Ive read about
marley mission
The People's Champ
Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 14, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »

30 mile bike in vivos ~ 6 mile run in seeyas

klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2012, 06:46:22 AM »

Friday: 6-7 km barefoot run
Sunday: 4h of barefooted yoga & acro-yoga Smiley + 8km of cycling back home (in minimal sandals)

What a day!
« Reply #918 on: July 15, 2012, 06:46:22 AM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 16, 2012, 12:13:57 AM »

Rafted the Boise River for the first time in my Trek Sports, which have been retired to a water sports shoe since tearing them and mending them.  Prior to this i would always raft or do anything in the water barefoot because i hated sandals or flip flops or water shoes of any kind with a passion. I am so glad i had my trusty VFF, so much easier to walk around on the bottom of a river and over rocks with a bit of protection. Didn't slip too much and never stabbed my foot or caught my toes. Yet another activity where i will only be using my VFF for as they were perfect. Also, the take out spot for the river is also Boise's biggest park and being a perfect 90 degree day it was BUSY. Tons of people rafting and using the park. There were so many people in Five Fingers i gave up counting and didn't even bother making many comments, because there were so many people wearing them they really were just like any other pair of shoes. Which in a way is odd to think about.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 16, 2012, 06:13:25 AM »

Not today, but last Sunday... I discovered that KSOs have no traction whatsoever on mud, and ended up slipping whilst walking my sister's puppy, landing square on my bottom.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 16, 2012, 05:47:02 PM »

Not today, but last Sunday... I discovered that KSOs have no traction whatsoever on mud, and ended up slipping whilst walking my sister's puppy, landing square on my bottom.

First and foremost I must state that this post is worthless without pictures......

Use your toes or edge of your foot to dig in...  I find I have better grip on slick rocks and muddy banks in my KSO's than with the Trek soles.....  With the KSO's you have more surface area and the ability to grip the slippery surfaces.... Wink

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 16, 2012, 10:28:48 PM »

Use your toes or edge of your foot to dig in...  I find I have better grip on slick rocks and muddy banks in my KSO's than with the Trek soles.....  With the KSO's you have more surface area and the ability to grip the slippery surfaces.... Wink
The mud was flat, on the crown between the ruts on a grass/gravel driveway after heavy persistent rain, and there was nothing for the toes or edge of foot to dig into. The dog was pulling on the lead, I was turning to face it, weight balance all wrong, and a twisting moment on the feet. Result: me slipping and landing on my gluteus maximus. The puppy found it all amusing for a couple of seconds, then ran off, with me in pursuit.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Kaysto

Kaysto is a new face.

Modding!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: July 17, 2012, 12:25:34 AM »

Went on a short night run. Passed a guy holding his shoes and apparently running in his socks. Closest thing I've seen to barefoot running on that trail in the nearly 4 months I've been running it.

"This kind of doing both takes and gives time, makes live the dead hours inside us." -Lynda Barry
Cheese

Cheese is a new face.

It's what I do.

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 17, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »

Wore my Komodos to the office. Nice to wear these while I recover from the half marathon I ran on Saturday- I've either been barefoot, or VFF shod since getting home from the race

Saying "5716 People entered a race, and I beat 5021 of them" is way cooler than telling people you came in 695th"
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:39 PM »

I had a 15k run, in the forest - awesome!
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 17, 2012, 10:05:13 PM »

After it cooled down some I went for a 2 mile barefoot walk....  It was my 1st since breaking two toes on the 4th.  It was so hard not to try and run.  Sad

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 18, 2012, 03:36:36 AM »

Yesterday I did my first attempt to barefootstyle running on my VFF. Well, not really the first time I ran on them, I run a lot at the dog agility field, but I want to really run now, cover kilometers...
So out I went, focusing on body posture and foot placement (using a digital metronome for the right rhythm) and just ran until I had to stop due to bad physical condition, walked a bit an ran back home.
I measured the distance I ran at Google Maps: I ran the unbelievable distance of 500 meters!  Embarrassed
Oh boy, I have to work on that body!

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
shadowfax_c11

shadowfax_c11 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 18, 2012, 05:38:09 PM »

The mud was flat, on the crown between the ruts on a grass/gravel driveway after heavy persistent rain, and there was nothing for the toes or edge of foot to dig into. The dog was pulling on the lead, I was turning to face it, weight balance all wrong, and a twisting moment on the feet. Result: me slipping and landing on my gluteus maximus. The puppy found it all amusing for a couple of seconds, then ran off, with me in pursuit.

Yeah sometimes there isn't anything to dig your toes into. I have had the same issue with wet floors at work. Thanks to my aikido training I have not been injured but I have had a couple of slip/fall incidents in my KSOs. Looking at trying the trek sport for my next pair since they have more traction on the soles. Ive been really happy with my vibs. Mine are about 10 months old and I work in them 5 days a week plus wearing them everywhere else I can and they are only just starting to show wear in some of the toe pocket seams. So happy my knee pain that used to be almost disabling after a few hours on my feet, has just about disappeared.

I work in a local restaurant kitchen and did 6 hours in my KSOs at work today. Wore them out pulling weeds in the 60 acre horse pasture where I board my mare on Monday. Cheesy
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 24, 2012, 03:59:30 AM »

I had an awesome 15km trail run in the forest and I've met two:

and zillion of those:

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: