BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 03:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do barefoot or in VFF today?  (Read 109241 times)
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

Went to Thanksgiving dinner at my mom and dad's house.

I wore my new FiveFingers Speed XCs, but hardly anyone noticed.(The new Speed XCs kept my feet nice and warm..)
« Reply #1035 on: November 22, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 30, 2012, 05:29:13 AM »

Last night, I had dog agility training in the freezing cold, the grass was already getting white, wearing my Spyridons. Everyone asked me if I didn't have cold feet, but they were pretty warm after training!  Smiley

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: December 10, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »

Saturday, i went to the gun show in my classics and yesterday in the rain in my classics.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: December 10, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »

Saturday, i went to the gun show in my classics and yesterday in the rain in my classics.

No good deals up there this year.... Shocked

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
« Reply #1038 on: December 10, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »

AMD64Blondie

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »

Yesterday I returned my Centurylink DSL modem while wearing my Speed XCs.

I was a little bit cold, as I was wearing my shorts at the time..but it was worth it not to be wearing normal shoes.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: December 12, 2012, 05:53:20 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if I had wads of $100 bills i would have walked out of there with a gun or two..haha

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: December 12, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »

[/quote]

Well if I had wads of $100 bills i would have walked out of there with a gun or two..haha
[/quote]

Ah, so you are still an honest law man.  Grin 
I blew my $100's on a second Land Rover for my wife two weeks ago (which I drove home barefoot and she followed wearing classics just incase it didn't make it home).  Needless to say the toy fund needs to grow again.  Of course, with another LR to repair this may never happen.....  Wink

BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: December 30, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »

I got my first broken bone while wearing my Komodosports. I took a kick to the foot at quidditch practice and ended up with a fractured left pinky toe. My brother is visiting for the holidays, so it needs to hurry the hell up and heal so we can do some more hiking. It barely hurts, so it might be hard to stay motivated to baby it  Undecided

It's entirely possible that I'd have only soft-tissue damage if I'd been wearing my old tennis shoes (it was pretty close to a worst-case scenario kind of impact for VFF's), but I'd also be on crutches about once a year from ankle sprains. I regret nothing!  Grin
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: December 30, 2012, 12:17:17 PM »

I got my first broken bone while wearing my Komodosports. I took a kick to the foot at quidditch practice and ended up with a fractured left pinky toe. My brother is visiting for the holidays, so it needs to hurry the hell up and heal so we can do some more hiking. It barely hurts, so it might be hard to stay motivated to baby it  Undecided

It's entirely possible that I'd have only soft-tissue damage if I'd been wearing my old tennis shoes (it was pretty close to a worst-case scenario kind of impact for VFF's), but I'd also be on crutches about once a year from ankle sprains. I regret nothing!  Grin

Sorry to hear...  I break toes all the time but never while wearing my VFF's....  If hiking in shoes with a toe box just buddy tape it.  If in VFF's, use about two inches of a popsicle stick, a small piece of gauze at the part under the foot and some tape.  Shove it in the toe pocket and go.  You'll find the Trek sole versions work nicely as splints and are comfortable with broken toes....  I've hiked many a mile with them in there Grin

AMD64Blondie

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: January 12, 2013, 01:57:57 PM »

Doing laundry while wearing my black Classics.
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: January 12, 2013, 04:36:22 PM »

About 7km run in Sockwa minimal shoes and 1.5 km barefoot on a snow trail (-5oC)
AMD64Blondie

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: January 18, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »

First barefoot walk in about a year and a half.(Busted my toenail,so I had been worried about it detaching and falling off..)

Only went 1 block down and back.(SW Clay St to SW Columbia St).Still had fun,considering the 42 degree F weather.

(Concrete is cold with bare feet..)
barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: January 19, 2013, 10:58:46 AM »

First barefoot walk in about a year and a half.(Busted my toenail,so I had been worried about it detaching and falling off..)

Only went 1 block down and back.(SW Clay St to SW Columbia St).Still had fun,considering the 42 degree F weather.

(Concrete is cold with bare feet..)

Nice!  It's been in the teens and 20's where I've been through the week, so I'm stuck in my KSO's...  The low 40's and high 30's are awesome on a sunny day when running.  I love quessing the surface temperature differnces, it's like a little game (yes I'm wierd)...  You'll find if you pick up the pace even to a light jog your feet will get warm and pink even at those temps.  I always take my KSO's with me and often end up wearing them as gloves..... Cheesy

barefootin

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: January 19, 2013, 06:29:17 PM »

I took my 16 year old for his first "real" driving lesson.  I was in my Komodo's and him in brown KSO's.  Also I believe we passed vffjeeper while we were out. Grin

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: January 20, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »

Not barefoot or even close, but snowshoeing for 4 hours yesterday. Temps were -30C with the wind. Rocked my Coldavenger mask, down jacket, icebreaker base layers, and my seal fur mukluks. We are testing out our new MSR snowshoes meant for mountains. I was toasty warm, and we went way into the boreal forest following an old game trail. We busted out of the thick forest and into a part with nothing but black spruce. Very cool, feels very far north just by the trees. The powder was 4 feet deep in places here. We brought the camp stove and had hot chocolate and a light lunch. Next weekend we are in Banff snowshoeing above Lake Louise. Can't wait!

I know it's not a barefoot activity, but I though I'd share anyway. My boots do look like a bear's foot, so that's close enough for me!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 83
  Print  

Jump to: