BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 21, 2014, 02:14:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Working!!!  (Read 8590 times)
barefoottpt

barefoottpt is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2011, 02:26:49 AM »

So today i decided to go to work in my komodos so i spent a few hours working at walyworld in my VFF i managed to convince a customer into trying some and one of my coworkers and all of this got me thinking what places let you work in VFF you dont have to post where you live i just wana know what kind of a place you work in if you work in your VFFs!

List of places you can work in VFFs
-walmart
-motor company in R&D and process development
-major fireplace manufacture
-office part of an aircraft hanger
-call center
-specialized mechanical service, mostly out in the field (in certain "safe" places)
-sitting on an exams committee
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:17:53 PM by barefoottpt » Logged

Free your feet, Free your life
« on: June 26, 2011, 02:26:49 AM »

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »

Sometimes i get to work events management in them otherwise its the evo's and the rare occasion these days foot coffin boots
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 03:35:57 PM »

I work for a motor company in R&D and process development.  Unless I am on the shop floor training operators on new lift equipment, I am in my Brown or Black Treks and if a casual day presents itself I'm in my Komodo's or KSO's.  When I am in one of our assembly plants I wear my Komodo's with a safety toe overshoe on them (Oashatoes) and if I am working around a lift or manipulator I have clip on metatarsal protection on with the Oashatoes.  I just did a 5 hour presentation before executive leadership and upper management last week wearing my Treks.  I wear nothing but VFF's....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

I work at a major fireplace manufacturer.  I am in technical services and provide support via phone and email to our customers.  It is a low key office environment and I wear my Speeds. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »

FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:57 PM »

I work in the office part of an aircraft hangar, my company modifies military aircraft. Dress is fairly casual and have yet to have anyone tell me I can't wear my KSOs :-) Happy Day!

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:31:33 PM »

I work in a call center, they just find them cute!

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Rockpup

Rockpup is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »

I do specialized mechanical service, mostly out in the field. There are only a couple 'safe' places  I can wear VFF's. Wore my KSO's all day goofing around in our shop today. Not the best footwear when using a wire feed welder, but was fine.
gryllus

gryllus is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »

A couple of days ago, I dared to wear them while sitting on an exams committee, and actually persuaded myself that black Sprints can look almost formal when worn with a flowing red skirt and a nice black shirt. I even suspect that nobody noticed.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:30:15 AM »

What exactly is a call center?

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 09:56:28 AM »

What exactly is a call center?

You know, Thank you for calling (fill in the blank), this is so and so how may I help you.  Most of them are in India these day, LOL.  Did you ever see the NBC TV program Outsourced

delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »

Never really watch anything on NBC other than the Office. Fox is the station I like.

I am sure at past jobs I could wear VFFs. They just dont mesh well with military uniform.
I think they would be awesome for when I used to valet.

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 10:48:47 AM »

It was a spoof comedy about a call center in India, where the workers sell novelty items to us silly Americans.  It was actually quite funny.  One of the better things NBC has offered up recently.  I too like Fox, although not Fox news, just their regular programming line up. 

I could only imagine the looks you'd have gotten if you wore VFFs while valet parking.  It could either help or hinder your tips.

delucio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 10:52:44 AM »

It was a spoof comedy about a call center in India, where the workers sell novelty items to us silly Americans.  It was actually quite funny.  One of the better things NBC has offered up recently.  I too like Fox, although not Fox news, just their regular programming line up. 

I could only imagine the looks you'd have gotten if you wore VFFs while valet parking.  It could either help or hinder your tips.

Yeah dont care for Fox News....

They would have been black/black KSOs.

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Aiea

Aiea is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2011, 05:12:48 AM »

Never really watch anything on NBC other than the Office. Fox is the station I like.

I am sure at past jobs I could wear VFFs. They just dont mesh well with military uniform.
I think they would be awesome for when I used to valet.

I didn't have vff's last time I was pregnant, but I read the no combat boots part of the profile, and I do believe that VFF's would qualify to be worn with the pregnancy uniform "May wear closed-toe plain design soft-soled shoes in place of boots."

I think it's terribly wrong of me, but if I get pregnant again I am greatly looking forward to sporting a pair of vff's in uniform (I'd go with my black/black kso's). Especially since my current commander says we can't wear them at pt. (He leaves in early august, I can't wait!)

Jaya x2 (black, white) Classic x3 (mauve, storm, smartwool) Performa x1 (black)
Komodosports x2 (black/gold, purple LS) Bikala x1 (blue LS) KSO x2 (palm green, black)
Vivo Barefoot (blue EVO, black Isis)
zenkci

zenkci is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2011, 12:58:56 PM »

I sometimes wear flipflops at my current job (low-key office environment), most of the time I wear my KSOs. I went barefoot a few times but I got some weird looks. Double standard though, because women walk around barefoot all the time and don't get looks. But a guy barefoot? HE MUST be a freak.

I used to work in another office environment 99-2002 and the CEO was lifestyle barefoot person. So we didn't have wear shoes either, in fact he encouraged us not too. Most if not all of us worked barefoot. It was funny when customers and vendors would visit us, it would really confuse them.

Sadly the company took a major hit after 9/11 and they went under.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: