BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 19, 2014, 04:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Plagued Running Experience!  (Read 588 times)
Dexter_Morgan23

Dexter_Morgan23 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »

After suffering from sore arches because of 13 miles in 2 days I took the advice of my friends at Birthday Shoes and laid off running for a few days. Friday My Altra Adams were supposed to come in, however, someone missed the delivery, not quite sure who it was though *cough cough* anyways, I was frustrated so I went out intending to do at least 8 miles. I felt like a tarahumara haha, I was loaded up on chia, in my huaraches with my Ksos in my pack just in case. Less than a mile into my route I miss stepped when a car was heading my way and went straight into the soaking wet muddy grass. My foot was covered in mud, at that point all I could do was laugh at my luck and continue on. I soon realized that I needed to ditch the socks I had on because between them being soaked and the temperature being about 35 degrees, safe to say it wouldn't turn out well. A little after I took my socks off, my huaraches decided they did not want to cooperate with me. So I was glad I took my Ksos with me. I switched continued running as I slowly began to get lost in my foot steps. Plague one. Concluded.

Round two of my plague of bad luck began about 2 miles in. We have all had that experience, you are running, minding your own business when you see a car. You check behind you to see if anyone is coming in the opposite direction realizing its clear and ASSUMING the person will move over. Well... For about 12 cars  worth they didn't seem to notice there was a runner, they were blind because they did not see all the blinking array of lights scattered throughout my person, or they were simply jealous that they didn't have the determination to run in cold weather, what ever the reason is unknown to me why they decided to move CLOSER to the curb TOWARDS the runner. Successfully shoving me into the ditch on all 12+ occasions. Plague two. Concluded.

Everyone ready for round three? I sure wasn't. I was running down the road getting ready to past by the entrance of my complex when I saw someone walking, I thought nothing of it and continued to run. Trying to run smooth and effortlessly. Now remember, I have an array of blinking lights and one of those lights that goes on your forehead that are really bright. I guess I was really running smoothly because when I got up to him he jumped and took a swing at me. I ducked under his fist and continued to run on laughing. Alright, alright that probably isn't a "plague" but it definitely was funny. Fun filled plague three concluded.

Woot! Round four! About ten minutes or so after that occurrence, about 4 miles in, I jumped off a curb and landed roughly on one foot. My forefoot instantly began to feel tender so I decided to play it safe, cutting my route in about half of my planned run. Plague four just for the sheer fact my run was over before it really began. Concluded.

Now! What you have all been waiting for! The grand finale! I was taking a shortcut back to my house, cutting through the lowes parking lot as I normally would after a run since it shaves about 3/4ths a mile from my trip home. I had noticed a group of guys standing by a truck before I passed by but thought nothing of it at the time. Well, all of a sudden I saw a flash of orangish color pass about 3-4 inches in front of my face. I just shook my head and let out a slight chuckle thinking it was a foam ball or something. Not thinking it was anything serious. But, the longer I continued home, and the longer I sat at home the more pissed I got they threw anything at me to begin with. So I continued back out intentionally going the exact same route that I had taken to get home as I went to my friend Gage's house. The group of people were gone so I threw on my Sherlock Holmes clothes and hat (yes I keep them with me wherever I go) and I began to look for what they threw. The only thing that looked remotely close, same size and color was half of a brick. Yes. You heard me right, a brick! I was infuriated at that point. I mean really, who throws a brick?!

For all you runners out there watch out for the PLAGUE!

http://bit.ly/z58Zub
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 09:12:00 PM by Dexter_Morgan23 » Logged

Proud owner of my first pair of Red Remix KSOs as of 08/12/11 at 12:13 pm Cheesy
Leming Natural Origins, Invisible shoes 6mm and 4mm, Altra Adam, Altra Samson (March 5thish), Newton MV2, Aguias Spartan 1
www.minimalistandlovingit.blogspot.com
www.barefootfarm.org Support the Tarahumara
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:27:52 AM »

Mossqua

Mossqua is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 02:15:57 AM »

After suffering from sore arches because of 13 miles in 2 days I took the advice of my friends at Birthday Shoes and laid off running for a few days. Friday My Altra Adams were supposed to come in, however, someone missed the delivery, not quite sure who it was though *cough cough* anyways, I was frustrated so I went out intending to do at least 8 miles. I felt like a tarahumara haha, I was loaded up on chia, in my huaraches with my Ksos in my pack just in case. Less than a mile into my route I miss stepped when a car was heading my way and went straight into the soaking wet muddy grass. My foot was covered in mud, at that point all I could do was laugh at my luck and continue on. I soon realized that I needed to ditch the socks I had on because between them being soaked and the temperature being about 35 degrees, safe to say it wouldn't turn out well. A little after I took my socks off, my huaraches decided they did not want to cooperate with me. So I was glad I took my Ksos with me. I switched continued running as I slowly began to get lost in my foot steps. Plague one. Concluded.

Round two of my plague of bad luck began about 2 miles in. We have all had that experience, you are running, minding your own business when you see a car. You check behind you to see if anyone is coming in the opposite direction realizing its clear and ASSUMING the person will move over. Well... For about 12 cars  worth they didn't seem to notice there was a runner, they were blind because they did not see all the blinking array of lights scattered throughout my person, or they were simply jealous that they didn't have the determination to run in cold weather, what ever the reason is nice led lights unknown to me why they decided to move CLOSER to the curb TOWARDS the runner. Successfully shoving me into the ditch on all 12+ occasions. Plague two. Concluded.

Everyone ready for round three? I sure wasn't. I was running down the road getting ready to past by the entrance of my complex when I saw someone walking, I thought nothing of it and continued to run. Trying to run smooth and effortlessly. Now remember, I have an array of blinking lights and one of those lights that goes on your forehead that are really bright. I guess I was really running smoothly because when I got up to him he jumped and took a swing at me. I ducked under his fist and continued to run on laughing. Alright, alright that probably isn't a "plague" but it definitely was funny. Fun filled plague three concluded.

Woot! Round four! About ten minutes or so after that occurrence, about 4 miles in, I jumped off a curb and landed roughly on one foot. My forefoot instantly began to feel tender so I decided to play it safe, cutting my route in about half of my planned run. Plague four just for the sheer fact my run was over before it really began. Concluded.

Now! What you have all been waiting for! The grand finale! I was taking a shortcut back to my house, cutting through the lowes parking lot as I normally would after a run since it shaves about 3/4ths a mile from my trip home. I had noticed a group of guys standing by a truck before I passed by but thought nothing of it at the time. Well, all of a sudden I saw a flash of orangish color pass about 3-4 inches in front of my face. I just shook my head and let out a slight chuckle thinking it was a foam ball or something. Not thinking it was anything serious. But, the longer I continued home, and the longer I sat at home the more pissed I got they threw anything at me to begin with. So I continued back out intentionally going the exact same route that I had taken to get home as I went to my friend Gage's house. The group of people were gone so I threw on my Sherlock Holmes clothes and hat (yes I keep them with me wherever I go) and I began to look for what they threw. The only thing that looked remotely close, same size and color was half of a brick. Yes. You heard me right, a brick! I was infuriated at that point. I mean really, who throws a brick?!

Thanks for sharing your experience. Strange you have got no response till now
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:35:55 AM by Mossqua » Logged
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:24:48 PM »

Wow, either you have really bad luck or those blinking light you had all over you made you look so much like a dork that eveybody wanted to hurt you (not that that's an excuse but there are so many morons in the world). Try reflective clothes instead of blinking lights.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Superturtle

Superturtle is starting to look familiar.Superturtle is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »

Round two of my plague of bad luck began about 2 miles in. We have all had that experience, you are running, minding your own business when you see a car. You check behind you to see if anyone is coming in the opposite direction realizing its clear and ASSUMING the person will move over. Well... For about 12 cars  worth they didn't seem to notice there was a runner, they were blind because they did not see all the blinking array of lights scattered throughout my person, or they were simply jealous that they didn't have the determination to run in cold weather, what ever the reason is nice led lights unknown to me why they decided to move CLOSER to the curb TOWARDS the runner. Successfully shoving me into the ditch on all 12+ occasions. Plague two. Concluded.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Strange you have got no response till now

Maybe because Dexter Morgan is a pretty scarry name for most of us. I guess all his victims are sneaker wearers. Anyway, this is not my business, but I want to all know that I don't wear sneakers anymore.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:48:53 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: