BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: achilles tendon  (Read 969 times)
tmoldovan

tmoldovan is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »

I know this is not a medical board, and don't worry, I don't intend on relying on it in lieu of professional medical advice, but is it normal to have tendon pain when starting running (ie. getting back into it)?
For the first week or so, I only had very stiff calves, but then I started getting this achilles pain in only one foot.
It's possible that I've overextended it while jumping around.
I don't think it's torn, and it sure beats the back pain that I had prior to VFFs Smiley

So what's the treatment?
Ice? Massages? Not running for a while?
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »

ZeitHeld

ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.ZeitHeld is making a name for themselves.

And so Antaeus returns, wiser for the wear.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »

Trying pinching your Achilles tendon sometime when it is not hurting. If the pressure itself causes pain, it's probably tendinitis. My recommendation for that is a week or so of rest. That means no running or stretching. After you've given it time to heal up and you want to run again, remember to stretch your calves highly before your run.

And if it's not that, I don't have the foggiest. It's just the only tendon related problem I've ever dealt with.

twitter.com/derekofbavaria
facebook.com/derek.beyer
cla

cla is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »

I have the same problem. I starting developing pain in my right achilles tendon, but only when I run. But if I pinch the tendon (a week later after I stop running)  I still definetly feel pain, mainly on the medial part of the tendon. So do I have to wait until I no longer feel any pain at all pinching before trying to run again? I am 56.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: