BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 09:26:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: all these topics about office wear and work approved got me thinking  (Read 990 times)
Cubicle51

Cubicle51 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »

with all the topics about office approved wear and such that I have seen flying around (heck I've even started one) I got to thinking. it would be nice if VFF's came out with a shoe like LEMings.
I have a pair of LEMings and I really enjoy them but they're sole seems SO thick compared to when I have my VFF's on. I'm not knocking them in the least but I miss my 3.5mm sole..

I would like to see Vibram develop a nice shoe that could be considered work appropriate (for those of us being governed at work by non-forward thinking guidelines and rules) and still have the 3.5mm sole and let me have my nekkid pheet feeling Smiley

comments? Flames? lol

M41 KSO's (Black/Black), M42 Spyridon, M42 Classic, M43 Leming (Earth Brown x2) (Black x2), Bellville TR MiniMil (Blac) and plain ol' Nekkid pheet

Veneratio est meritus , nunquam donatus.
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:59:27 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:19 PM »

I do not foresee Vibram deviating from the toe shoe thing they have going on.  In fact, it would appears as though Vibram is making fewer offerings with the thinner soles, i.e. only offering one color of Classics, Sprints seemingly phased out.  I guess I'd like to see other companies such as LEMings make thinner soles, but that is a discussion for another time.  Right now I am after them to make a winter friendly option.  I was told from someone within the company that it is in the works.  A lot of their initial STEM sales went to Canada, so they recognize the need and that there is a market for it.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:08:26 PM »

The new flip that's on the home page imo looks really great!  I don't think shoes with toes are dressy enough for the work place, and thas what vibrams niche is...the shoes with toes.

I do not foresee Vibram deviating from the toe shoe thing they have going on.  In fact, it would appears as though Vibram is making fewer offerings with the thinner soles, i.e. only offering one color of Classics, Sprints seemingly phased out.  I guess I'd like to see other companies such as LEMings make thinner soles, but that is a discussion for another time.  Right now I am after them to make a winter friendly option.  I was told from someone within the company that it is in the works.  A lot of their initial STEM sales went to Canada, so they recognize the need and that there is a market for it.

I agree with that too.  The kso sole is the best thing vibram made, super thin and very flexible...I want to see more models with that really thin flexible sole.

It would be great if these companies making minimalist shoes had the vibram level of thinness in their shoes
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:12:53 PM by toh-shu » Logged

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

check out these... real VFF`s... without the toes! from an old Vibram website still online... no, I don`t think they are still available anymore  Sad

http://www.vibramjustforme.com/products/uomo/octagon_tmoro.html

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 07:37:06 PM »

OMG!!!! Did you see the weird women ones with the kitten heel!!! It's so strange!! And all the european Classics colors!!! So cool!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:39:36 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 11:20:31 AM »

check out these... real VFF`s... without the toes! from an old Vibram website still online... no, I don`t think they are still available anymore  Sad

http://www.vibramjustforme.com/products/uomo/octagon_tmoro.html

Wow, would love to have a pair of those sneakers.  damn.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »

These Vibrams are really cool. I would buy a pair if available.

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »

These Vibrams are really cool. I would buy a pair if available.

I think a lot of us would buy non-toe shoe offerings from Vibram if they made them.  It seems they found their toe shoe niche market and abandoned all else, well besides making soles for just about every other shoe maker that is.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:22:40 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:47 PM »

But them Vibram's big business is soles for other companies so they may be or feel limited in competing with non-toe shoes. I wish they would come out or bring back the Bormios and Trek LS. Still comfortable toe shoes but not as obvious as some of their others. I'm hoping to find a winter alternative too despite the warm winter we had this year. Haven't worn my books in months and I'm afraid I've spoiled my toes in toe shoe comfort!
AndyB, NH.
PS The thin sole on the KSO is great. I didn't know the difference it would make but the Trek sole seems to be their go to.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: