BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 30, 2014, 05:16:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any good work appropriave barefoot shoes?  (Read 4337 times)
Rory - London

Rory - London is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

I have a pair of black Jingas which are fairly cheap and look pretty good too. A friend of mine has run a few halfs in them but they are not as good to run in as the VFFs. As a casual shoe they are pretty good and the black ones seem to be accepted in my office. The sole is very thin, but the inner sole is slightly thicker but fairly soft, you could easily take out the inner sole if you did not want it. They were actually designed as martial arts dance shoes in Brazil. And there is a social project behind them too so buying a pair does good. Give them a try
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »

barefoot_explorer

barefoot_explorer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:39 PM »

Im an airline pilot so I need something on the dressier side.  I'd black out the vibram on my KSOs if i thought I could get away with it.  Any suggestions?

Not sure you'll like price with pilots income, but below link is minalmilist dress shoe.  I hear very good things about them.  Site info is limited.  You could also contact them for paper catalog.  Or just talk to them on the phone.  These dress shoes are the real deal.  Get good measurements on your feet for them if you pursue.

http://www.flexiblefootwear.com/integrit.html

Terra Plana vivo barefoot - Aqua(suede), Dharma(leather)
VFF - Treksport, and Sprint
Paper feet sandals

I'm barefoot almost always outside of work.  I only wear shoes at work 5 days a week/6-7 hours per day.
Barefoot at gym, running, shopping in stores, etc
barefoot_explorer

barefoot_explorer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »

I have a pair of black Jingas which are fairly cheap and look pretty good too. A friend of mine has run a few halfs in them but they are not as good to run in as the VFFs. As a casual shoe they are pretty good and the black ones seem to be accepted in my office. The sole is very thin, but the inner sole is slightly thicker but fairly soft, you could easily take out the inner sole if you did not want it. They were actually designed as martial arts dance shoes in Brazil. And there is a social project behind them too so buying a pair does good. Give them a try
The toe box looks way too pointy.  Seems to me that is a big design flaw.  That is what I gather from pics of them.  I have not worn them.  Does shoe allow for full forefoot/toe splay ?

Terra Plana vivo barefoot - Aqua(suede), Dharma(leather)
VFF - Treksport, and Sprint
Paper feet sandals

I'm barefoot almost always outside of work.  I only wear shoes at work 5 days a week/6-7 hours per day.
Barefoot at gym, running, shopping in stores, etc
Rory - London

Rory - London is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »

The toe box looks way too pointy.  Seems to me that is a big design flaw.  That is what I gather from pics of them.  I have not worn them.  Does shoe allow for full forefoot/toe splay ?
I have fairly wide feet and have no problems with room in the toe box of the Jingas. For reference I struggle with the width of the Bikila but am fine in the Trek sports and in the Jingas. The material the Jingas are made from is very soft and I can splay my foot adequately. They wear like a normal pair of shoes with your toes slightly further back in the shoe. For crjcapt these will never do as a dress shoe, but they may work for something in between. They are the best casual travel shoe I have because they are so light and you can just roll them up to put in any bag pocket.  I like them, but you will have to try them and see if they work for you.
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »

ElGiganteJake

ElGiganteJake is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »

I am required to dress formal for work (international hq for a fortune 500 manufacturing company).  I just picked up a pair of Kenneth Cole dress shoes that have a very minimal sole on them for most dress shoes.  No separate heel, minor lift on the sole for a heel and i am considering taking the insole out of them as well.  I have been very happy with them minus the slightly tighter toe box.  Also, they fit the dress code without any issue.

--
ADD makes life more..... look buttons!!!!
ysette9

ysette9 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »

The jingas look like they could be really good but where do I buy them?  The only website I can find is out of the UK, not the US.
ekoboat

ekoboat is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »

I wear Diesel Run-Away shoes almost everyday, I believe they come in black also.  I pulled the insoles out to get even more ground feel.  I would guess 3-4 mm heel lift, I can bend the toe all the way to the heel.  I just joined this forum and was suprised that there are no posts on this shoe.  I will post some photos when I get a chance. 
BryanS

BryanS is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »

I wear a pair of Terra Plana Oaks or Dharma's to work in my office which is business casual.  They have a great feel and look dressy enough.  I do often wear my KSOs with jeans on casual Fridays though.  I'd think the the TPs would work for anywhere that dress slacks and a polo, or dress shirt, are acceptable.  I wouldn't wear them with a tuxedo but might with a suit.  In my opinion the Oaks look a tad more dressy than the Dharmas.  The Dharmas just seem a bit more slipper like
KittySlayer

KittySlayer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 02:18:54 PM »

Im an airline pilot so I need something on the dressier side.  I'd black out the vibram on my KSOs if i thought I could get away with it.  Any suggestions?

Close the cockpit door and change your shoes once out of view of the passengers.
ava

ava is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 12:00:42 AM »

How about Soft Star Shoes' Runamocs?  I have just gotten a pair in chocolate brown smooth leather with brown stitching for wearing in my office.
dk21

dk21 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2011, 11:20:35 AM »

I wear my KSO Treks and my boss approves.  I'm not sure what argument could be made...they look exactly like the shoes I used to wear...with toes.  I wore my KSOs on occasion before I got my Treks and I was never told not to, but comments were made that made me think they weren't 100% okay with them.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: