BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 16, 2014, 11:29:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blisters/abrasion from VFF Treksport?  (Read 887 times)
burningacid

burningacid is a new face.

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »

Hi all, I am new here, coming from Singapore Smiley

Anyway, my first pair of VFF was the Bikila and I absolutely adore the feeling of running in it so much that I bought another pair of VFF within the same week. The second pair was the Treksport. However, the Treksport is giving me some blisters/abrasions at some parts of my feet which, this never happens on my Bikila. Any clues why is that so and what's the remedy to prevent blisters/abrasions from Treksports? I have yet to try the injinji socks while feet glide gel helps in some ways.
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:47:05 PM »

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:04:37 AM »

Whenever I try a new style or wear one I haven't worn in a long time, I try to wear socks or use glide to ease the transition and avoid any possible problem.  Some styles have never given me blisters; I'm not sure I can find a rhyme or reason.  But if I do end up with a blister, I just put on a bandaid until it heals.   I've never had a blister issue last more than ten days. 

Good luck.  I have a pair of orange treksports that make me happy beyond reason.

Laura
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:55:21 AM »

blisters are usually caused by rough rubbing/movement. Your trek sports might be too big or loose in a few spots. I would highly recommend trying some of the injinji no show toe socks. they felt a bit odd at first, but are so amazing in looser fitting Five Fingers. They fill in the extra space in my Spyridons perfectly giving them a perfect fit, and they also eliminate the sweat and sweaty feeling you get with VFF (especially with a looser fitting shoe). You will not be disappointed!

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
burningacid

burningacid is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »

thanks for the replies!

Just wondering if any other toe socks works as well or that the Injinji socks are really that good?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 01:37:55 AM »

toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:31 AM »

Only have the injinji...but they are great

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 01:46:55 PM »

thanks for the replies!

Just wondering if any other toe socks works as well or that the Injinji socks are really that good?

I actually MUCH prefer my socks from x.couver.us to my injinji's and my fiance does as well.  They have a nice super low cut white sock that is hidden when wearing sprints or bikila's.  My Injinji's have been designated for only when it's too cold to run without socks.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:48:37 PM by JustinB » Logged

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »

thanks for the replies!

I actually MUCH prefer my socks from x.couver.us to my injinji's and my fiance does as well.  They have a nice super low cut white sock that is hidden when wearing sprints or bikila's.  My Injinji's have been designated for only when it's too cold to run without socks.
those look pretty good, might look into getting a pair

NB MT10
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: