BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 22, 2014, 05:49:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston concept store  (Read 880 times)
SteveM

SteveM is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »

I took my family into the new concept store in Boston today.  I was very impressed. We stopped in to get my 10 yr old boy sized.  He's been asking for a pair since Christmas.  He was sized, and actually it was suggested that he get a women's size 36 instead of the kids models.  He tried a pair of Komodos on, and loved them.  The store has all sorts of "terrain" built into the floor from natural to man made.  They also have a climbing area with a section of logs and rocks.  We didn't get them since they didn't have the women's black and gold style in that size.  All the way home he kept asking when we could order them.  I guess he's sold since wearing them.  The staff was great and very knowledgeable.  They were all active VFF wearers, which isn't ever the case where I've purchased them before.  I find it hard to take any advice from sales staff that hasn't worn them.  A great experience in there.   

Black KSO Treks, Komodos, Black/camo KSO, Black Sprints, Blue See Yas
« on: April 20, 2012, 08:26:58 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 05:17:50 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  I hope the store catches on and Vibram launches more of them.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Rex_Kwon_Do

Rex_Kwon_Do is a new face.

I work for The Donald

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »

I will be stopping by there this summer, and I am so excited -- just had to share.

My VFF sphere of influence: Walker, Will, Rogers, Jacob, Taylor, Graham, Hunt, Jamison, Lorae, Lee, Erik, Eric, Anna, TJ, Jesse
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »

Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)! That part about having different terrain and obstacles built into the floor sounded awesome! I love when i go into places and clearly know more about the shoes then they do. Of course I dont just tell them at first for no reason. But when i know exactly what size I want, and get them on in seconds the sales person usually asks if I have tried them on before or if I have them. I say yes and they stop giving me the usual sales person spiel. I was actually quite surprised when I went into a NB store to try on some MT10s to replace my old shoes and without even thinking about it I took off my socks off and went to put my foot in bare foot he asked if i usually wear Vibrams. Now that is a sales guy who knows the market.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:31:42 PM »

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 06:14:30 AM »

I think the sales person recognized the VFF funk the minute you took off your socks.  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:19:54 AM by Lyonel » Logged

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
SteveM

SteveM is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:55:55 AM »

Another thing I forgot to mention is that they sell no KSOs in the store.  They have all the newer models/styles, but not many of the old styles.  I found that weird, but I suppose for space issues this is probably necessary.

Black KSO Treks, Komodos, Black/camo KSO, Black Sprints, Blue See Yas
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »

I noted this quote -  "The shop will also be selling Vibram models previously exclusive to Europe"  which should please a couple of folk on here  Smiley - wonder if they are at European prices
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 07:29:05 AM »

Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)!

Nows your chance :  http://www.linkedin.com/jobs/jobs-Assistant-Store-Manager-2832314

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 10:10:46 AM »

Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)!

Nows your chance :  http://www.linkedin.com/jobs/jobs-Assistant-Store-Manager-2832314

The one thing I don't like is that it does not say a Vibram enthusiast.  In my opinion, if you are working in that kind of store, you should and need to be an enthusiast for the merchandise.  I suppose they aren't limiting themselves to just VFF's in the store, but I would imagine that it is going to be the highlight.  If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »

If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.
How about an accountant, but wearing VFFs?

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »

If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.
How about an accountant, but wearing VFFs?

Well I like that guy...I get to see him every Friday, Saturday, Sunday when I look in the mirror.  Grin

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: