BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:06:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converts :D Who have you converted?  (Read 3732 times)
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

Id say ive converted 5 people. They pretty much only use them for running though.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 09:08:21 PM »

Road Dog

Road Dog is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 11:10:17 PM »

I spent 3 years in Iraq as a civilian contractor doing IT support for both the Civilian Police Training mission and for the Dyncorp Protective Services Detail (PSD) guys.  In 2008, I wore my classics to the gym and pretty much all the cops and PSD laughed at me, then a few actually asked why I wore them, in about a month there were 4 of us sporting VFFs, within a year it seemed that almost 1/2 the PSD guys had converted and 5 or 6 of the cops.  I also have had to send 4 pairs to the in-laws in Thailand who liked mine so much they wanted a pair for themselves 
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2012, 01:49:37 AM »

took my gf to try on some VFF finally...sadly for now the toe thing wasn't her thing and she thought the toes were too bulky. However she did end up with some great looking NB MT10s. So far so good and she is liking them. Hopefully down the road she will like the whole minimalist thing enough and want even more room for her toes to spread out (says she really likes the big toe box of the NBs) that she will move up to Vibrams. The Minimus look great and are a great first step to test the waters. Cheesy

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
klanger

klanger is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:44 AM »

I'm, with my girlfriend trying to convert whole local community council to build first in our country barefoot park, for barefoot walking and running. Wish me luck!  Smiley 
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 04:38:44 AM »

Kirin

Kirin is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 10:23:18 AM »

Only had mine a few days but posted about it on Facebook before receiving them and just from that one friend really wants a pair, declaring himself "insanely jealous" when my arrived.  I'm sure he will become a practical convert as well as a theoretical convert very soon.
SteveM

SteveM is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2012, 12:33:07 PM »

My 4 year old daughter is my newest convert.  Her Pink/Purple KSOs came this morning, and she hasn't taken them off.  They are a little big on her, but each toe is in place with room to grow, so she should get some time out of them.  So funny to watch how well she moves in them.  She is one of those kids who hates wearing shoes most of the time.  Because of this I can see that there will be no transition time for her at all.  She even runs with basically perfect form in them.  i wish my parents had done this for me when I was young.  Maybe I wouldn't have ended up with back, knee issues now.  So now that both kids have them, next up, converting my wife.  That will be a challenge 

Black KSO Treks, Komodos, Black/camo KSO, Black Sprints, Blue See Yas
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »

My 4 year old daughter is my newest convert.  Her Pink/Purple KSOs came this morning, and she hasn't taken them off.  They are a little big on her, but each toe is in place with room to grow, so she should get some time out of them.  So funny to watch how well she moves in them.  She is one of those kids who hates wearing shoes most of the time.  Because of this I can see that there will be no transition time for her at all.  She even runs with basically perfect form in them.  i wish my parents had done this for me when I was young.  Maybe I wouldn't have ended up with back, knee issues now.  So now that both kids have them, next up, converting my wife.  That will be a challenge 
Roll Eyes

Good luck, if you find a way, let me know, I want to convert mt BF badly...

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Tarentaal

Tarentaal is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »

My wife loves her KSO's. She write them out today for the first time and was amused by half glances and suppressed smiles. I was quite jealous as I don't have mine yet
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 12:52:43 AM »

Not a convert to VFF but a co-worker's son (12 or 13 yrs old? I think) got a pair of the Fila 4 toe on sale at Dick's. He's liking them so far and has been wearing them to school which I really give him credit for. Adults are bad enough when you are doing something different, kids are the worst (says someone who had to be me all his life). I'd actually buy a pair of Classics for my boss since she has awful back pain. I ask her how it feels barefoot and she says much better but she doesn't like things between her toes (not sure why that is a big deal but i have a lot of odd aversions, like pickles, that I don't really have a good reason for. Well, they ARE cucumbers soaked in Evil;-})).
I try to sell people on them whenever I can. Actually a girl at the bar has asked me about them every time I've seen her so she may be a possible convert.
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »

Ha Andy, I hate pickles and my boss won't have anything between her toes either!

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 10:33:35 AM »

I don't know if I had posted this here or not already, but I converted my boyfriend when we first started dating.  He had already owned a pair of women's komodo sports (purchased women's unknowingly, but he is lucky enough to fit into both m's and w's!) but didn't wear them very often.

Soon I had talked him into a pair of speeds, and then bought him some classics and VB Men's Aquas.  He definitely has some Ra's or Dharma's in his future for work.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 02:58:27 PM »

I think I might have converted my nephew.  He has been drooling over my vast array of Classics all summer, so I had him try on a couple of pair of mine.  As it turns out, he and I are the same VFF size.  He is smitten with the Komodosports and likely will by a pair of them someday soon, but for now he is contemplating buying my barely used Sprints from me as his first attempt at VFF wear.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:51:43 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »

It's official.  I have my first convert.  After buying my first pair in 2009 and wearing them increasingly more from 2010 on, I finally got my first convert.  My nephew did indeed end up liking and buying my M41 Castlerock/Navy/Gray Sprints.  Once he tried them on, he never took them off and was still wearing them when I left.  He really thought they were comfortable.  He must get his foot shape from his mother's side of the family, because his feet are not anywhere near as wide as mine.  He is going to rock these for a while and if all goes well, he may invest in another pair.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 10:29:21 PM »

Not VFF convertions but I have managed to get both my daughter and SWMBO into Vivos - largely helped by the fact that a UK website had Vivos for 25 recently.
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 05:07:58 PM »

NOBODY! 

my friend converted me and a bunch of my other friends.  everyone else i know thinks it's silly.
(yah, i said 'silly')

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: