BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 23, 2014, 05:46:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: drying VFF with footbed inserts  (Read 1511 times)
DennisV8K

DennisV8K is a new face.

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »

The footbed insert is glued into the bottom of my VFF and I suspect it will be really hard to get them back into position and they might not stay in place.  The glue must be there for a reason but as far as I could find Vibram said NOTHING about cleaning and drying these footbeds on their website.   But it's been 24 hours since I washed them and it seems like they will never dry.   What about putting them in the dryer very briefly on "air-only" no-heat setting?      Has anyone actually just removed the footbeds for drying, and how has that worked?  Recommendations welcome.
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:41:45 PM »

xmp2k5

xmp2k5 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »

Just use a fan
e_kjellgren

e_kjellgren is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »

I remove the insole after every use. And especially after washing.

/Evert
successawaits

successawaits is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

how is it possible to remove the insoles in vffs, they are glued and sticthed into place and why would you want to? lastly spin and air dry takes around a dry during any season apart from summer.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:58 AM »

Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 04:45:12 PM »

Komodos have inserts. They are glued in but a good tug will take them out. I pull them out before washing. And dry them separately. Med-Low heat. Dry in about 40 mins.
jonny772

jonny772 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »

I have Komodos and just went on a hike through some long trails here in Florida and some of it was very swampy, my entire foot got soaked.  I took them home washed them in the shower with me, and after squeezing as much water out as I could, put them up to dry.  I hooked the inside of each the shoes on a hanger (the point of the triangle hanger) and used a small d ring on the inside to keep them on the hanger.  Then placed this in front of a fan, a few hours later they were dry and clean.
dredone

dredone is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 05:54:15 PM »

Since my Air Conditioner is running 100% of the time (or seems that way!) here in the midwest usa I put my sweat soaked or newly washed VFF's on top of on of vents inside.  Seems better than letting them smolder in my garage after a run.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: