BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 02, 2014, 08:27:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashion faux pas or not?  (Read 678 times)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

Just curious what fellow birthdayshoes members think about this topic. 

I have a lot and I do mean a lot of Nike and Adidas branded shirts.  Don't even get me started on hats, LOL.  These are not merely t-shirts but rather the athletic shirts with mesh uppers and other non-cotton materials.  I really like the look and feel of these types of shirts.  Would it be considered a fashion faux pas to continue to wear these shirts with VFFs.  It feels a little wrong, based on the amount of branding going on with these shirts.  There are swooshes and three stripes everywhere.  Is it wrong to be wearing minimalist shoes and then wear tops that essentially advertise for non-minimalist footwear companies?  Vibram does not make anything larger than an adult XL, so it is not as though I can just purchase a Vibram t-shirt and wear it. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« on: April 30, 2012, 11:48:53 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 03:56:25 PM »

I don't even consider Nike and Adidas as shoe companies anymore.  They started as shoe companies but now they are Athletic Apparel and Equipment companies. 

and besides... are you really worried about a fashion faux pas when you are walking around wearing VFF's?  That's like worrying if your hair is messy on a windy day while walking naked in public.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »

I have almost entirely rid my house of Nike and Adidas shoes, except for my wife's barely used collection.  She is not willing to give minimalist footwear a try because she believes she needs arch support.  I am not going to get into an argument over it.  She lets me do my thing and I do the same in regards to her. 

I was merely referring to the fact that I am now 100% in minimalist footwear and wearing other athletic apparel that is slathered with logos advertising brands of footwear that I would not even consider wearing anymore.  It seems a little hypocritical to me is all.  I am just not ready to part with those shirts yet, especially since some of them are $35 or more. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
xmp2k5

xmp2k5 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »

Clothing and shoes are two different things.  I would not even worry about it.  Don't throw away shirts over something that has nothing to do with your feet being happy.  Besides it's not like Vibram is paying you for their products. Grin
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:38:54 PM »

acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »

I don't see a problem if it's adidas. Adidas has their own toe shoes.

It's wearing obnoxiously large Nike logos that I would be worried about. Then again they do have the NIke Frees, which are wannabe minimalist shoes.

Regardless, who cares about fashion? Do what you like, fashion comes and goes anyway. IMO fashion is an excuse to charge people ridiculous amounts for the same materials and style in the future: it's in a cycle all the time.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:14:55 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: