BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 07:07:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Fat in Five Finger Shoes  (Read 35013 times)
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »

Ha!  I joined this board planning to start the same topic!!!! Grin

I'm 35 yo male, about 208 lbs and I run about 6-8 miles 5 times/wk.  My knees are shot.  My hips hurt.  My legs ache about 70% of the time. 

Lately I've been spinning instead of running, but that's about to drive me insane.  I'm seriously considering VFFs.

Which pair of VFFs are best for running on pavement/road?

Thanks!!!!

Take some time looking around the forum. Your question has been answer many times over and you'll find helpful tips in the VFF running board.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 10:49:23 PM »

scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »

So, not sure how to do this, but perhaps if a moderator is watching the boards, would they be willing to set up another category, or a child category for us to discuss our VFFs and weight loss?

Thanks,

David
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »

I can sticky this post.  Smiley

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »

That would be great.

Thanks,
David
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »

scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2010, 11:03:50 AM »

Day 1 of my VFF weight loss.  Woke up and did a 10 minute "The Biggest Loser" Cardio workout.  Planning on after lunch.

David
crjcapt

crjcapt is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2010, 03:09:18 PM »

To answer Hans question and anyone else's.  i used to run a lot.  Road and mountain biking as well.  I stopped running for a while and when i got back into it my knees and hips just weren't cooperating.  I started running barefoot and I had less problems.  After getting the form down I have had no issues.  Im not as fast as i used to be yet but that'll come with time and training i'm sure. 
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2010, 06:26:11 PM »

Day 1 of my VFF weight loss.  Woke up and did a 10 minute "The Biggest Loser" Cardio workout.  Planning on after lunch.

David

Awsome, you know what's funny, I went back to the gym this morning, so this is day 1 for me too. I skipped the summer, because it's the busy season, & I had to put more hours in.  Good luck to you. We got this.

Be free.
scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 09:47:59 AM »

Day 2, Woke up and did "The ABC's of Hip Hop" this morning, wont ever do that one again.  Went walking yesterday after lunch, learned some things about walking on a rocky path with my VFFs on.  Figure things will get easier the more I walk the same path.  Walking again today.
RobbieC

RobbieC is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 02:14:54 PM »

'Nother large barefooter here. Started off in my VFF KSOs about 4 months ago at 274 lbs. Down to 241 lbs, thanks mostly to being more active and starting to run again thanks to my toe shoes. On my way down to 210 lbs, I hope.

Defying stereotypes since 1968
scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 03:42:45 AM »

Ok, so I took the plunge and purchased the Biggest Loser 30 day workout DVD.  My kids keep asking me why I want to be the Biggest Loser, they cant seem to wrap their 8 and 6 year old brain around the fact that being a "loser" is a good thing in this instance.

Normally I work out barefoot, doing DVD workouts and such, need to decide if I want to wear my VFF's for this and if I want to keep with my KSOs or grab a pair of MOCs for the workout!

David
scarycrow

scarycrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 09:32:08 AM »

Ok, so morning of Day 1 has come and gone.  I got to drink 1 shake and I did my 10 minute morning cardio workout.  Another Shake at lunch and my wife is meeting me to walk.
Kittee

Kittee is a new face.

One foot at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:13 AM »

Can a fat lad join in this discussion too? Smiley

I'm 210 and I have a ways to go until 150. Smiley I have a mini goal of 180 though.  I'm picking up my Sprints today!
I've been walking for a month, I was doing C25k before that but picked up nasty plantar fasciitis in my right foot! OUCH!
So I'm hoping the VFF's will cure that over time.

Day by day.
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 10:47:00 PM »

Welcome Kittee.

I was getting my lazy butt to the gym & working out, then I went on vacation. I've been back a week and my wife worked a bunch this past week, so I'll be going back to the gym in about 7 hours. I get to weigh myself for the first time after vacation. Then I'll be on the treadmill in my KSO's. I hope I didn't gain too much weight. I guess I'll see.  Huh
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 06:07:23 PM by Barefootin Family » Logged

Be free.
Kittee

Kittee is a new face.

One foot at a time.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010, 08:56:27 AM »

Haha! Just realized I had a typo in my post!

That's fat "lady" not lad!

Thanks for the welcome. Good luck at the Gym!

Day by day.
Barefootin Family

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »

Thanks Kittee for the good wishes.

I gained 7 pounds. This guy at work was telling me that the average person gains a pound a day. Since my cruise was 11 days, I'm ahead of the curve.  Grin Nah, I just made my work 7lbs harder, but oh well, it was fun.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 05:09:20 PM by Barefootin Family » Logged

Be free.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: