BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 19, 2014, 11:19:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Five Finger shoes are ugly as sin...  (Read 5170 times)
iain

iain is starting to look familiar.iain is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »

That was fashionable in the 15th century or so. I remember as a kid visiting Hampton Court Palace in London. They had actors dressed up, there were a couple inclucding for Henry the VII with a massive codpice Shocked  Imagine my parents awkwardness when I asked what they were. Cheesy

"Eternity is very long, especially towards the end." Woody Allen
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 06:34:15 PM »

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 06:41:11 PM »

That was fashionable in the 15th century or so. I remember as a kid visiting Hampton Court Palace in London. They had actors dressed up, there were a couple inclucding for Henry the VII with a massive codpice Shocked  Imagine my parents awkwardness when I asked what they were. Cheesy

I remember seeing how big that cod piece was. Really big, but it was realy just to over compensate for Henry VIII's small penis. Syphillis shrinks it I hear. Also the king needs to have the largest jewels.  Wink
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 11:02:39 PM »

Yeah but imagine having jeans out there that have a complete mold for your penis (or camel toe) as natural as that it, It's not very appealing lol..

Where can I sign up?

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
kso_addict

kso_addict is a new face.

The beach is my reset button

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »

Some of my FAVORITE horror filled accounts of Vibram FF's:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/07/24/the-horror-the-horror-vibrams-fivefingers-of-suck/

Sometimes when you see something, you immediately wish you could un-see it. That is where I stand with the Vibram Fivefingers sports sandals. These shoes are like ruggedized toe socks, with individual toes. There is no excuse for this, and by god the first person I see wearing these gets a punch to the head.

Really, Ill suffer having to see your toes as you wear flip-flops on even the rainiest of days. Ill even abide the recurring trend that is Ugg boots. But this is taking footwear evolution too far. You should not want the bottoms of your feet to resemble those of burn patients, which is what happens here.

I cant find words to describe how wrong these are. This is even worse than those glue-on flip-flops. This is worse than Hitler. This is worse than a sober Lohan. This is worse than Windows Mobile. If you even think about buying these for a moment, I will strike down your kids with the Ass-Cancer of Thor. Do you hear me?

Considering how harsh the original article was, I find the follow-up article particularly entertaining:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/08/10/review-vibram-five-fingers-classic/
I swore Id never wear them. We called them the Five Fingers of Suck a few years ago and I was sure they were crazy. Friends, Im here to tell you I was wrong. And Im sorry.

5/10- Black KSOs; Rating- 8/10
10/09- Black Flows; Rating- 7/10
9/08- Surges; Rating- 5/10
7/08- Black KSOs; Rating- 9/10
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 01:08:19 AM »

MO3iusONE

MO3iusONE is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 06:30:54 AM »

haha at least the guy was honest.

I just keep looking at the shoe and its just ugly. maybe I'll think different once I see it in person but, like I said before, I dont care what it looks like, I'm in Afghanistan for another 6 months, I been running, a lot, if this is gonna help me even more with my running then cool, I could care less what it looks like, I'm not gonna have this sudden mentality that I'm like cool or something because I'm wearing this unique shoe, if anything I"m gonna feel retarded cause, well, the shoe looks retarded lol. oh well, cant wait to get these shoes, and my asics shoes as well.  .

Mr.Deeds, rockin' Five Fingers since 2002
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 09:59:42 AM »

I've had a lot of good luck rocking VFFs with jeans that I "cut" about an inch up the seams on either side (these are actually boot cut jeans already, but ...).  Essentially, what this accomplishes is it enables the jeans to sort of slope down further to the front of your foot.

I think of this as easing the transition from the vertical (your legs) toe the horizontal (your feet).  The right angle you get (most stark w/tapered jeans) is just a jarring look to me.  Since VFFs are just your feet, they make a strong right angle to all pant legs.  But if you have boot cut jeans or you cut the seams (or both), you can ease this out and make it look .. well, good in my opinion.

Anyone else tried this?

barefootmichael

barefootmichael is a new face.

Enjoy the bare feet the good Lord gave you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:09 AM »

Yeah but imagine having jeans out there that have a complete mold for your penis...
Would you get in trouble for "indecent exposure?"

Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25:05 AM »

Considering how harsh the original article was, I find the follow-up article particularly entertaining:

Well, I guess the shoe's on the other foot now!  Tongue

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: