BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 20, 2014, 07:58:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Foot abnormailty possibly?  (Read 1015 times)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

I apologize in advance for not knowing what this is called and I do not have a pic to post just yet, but will do so.  The problem is the depth of the space between my 2nd and 3rd toe.  It is no where near as deep as all the rest of the toes.  It does not pose a problem for me regarding wearing VFFS, but my niece has it considerably worse than I do.  She took one look at my Classics and said "I could never wear those!" and then slipped her foot out of her flip flop to reveal the same conditon, only is was far worse than mine.  I will get a pic or two up as soon as I can, but If anyone can relate and knows what I am refering to, please give me a shout out with the name of it so I can Google it.  It only affects the space between the 2nd and 3rd toe starting from the big toe side.  It is not webbed toes or anything like that, just not as deep of a slot if you will.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 01:16:15 PM »

Have your toes always been that way or is this a recent development? Because I found this link
 http://walkwithoutpain.com.au/torn-plantar-plate-toe-gapping-sign/ Torn plantar plate.

Is it painful? Any numbness? Searches also bring up neuromas or possible growths to make your toes shift like that.

& you are numbering your toes correctly.  In medicine 1 is the big toe/thumb, and onward medial--> lateral (inside to outside).

----------------------------------
I'll throw Sandal gap toe in also, but I believe this condition only involves the big toe.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gbv=2&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1344l4719l0l4844l28l26l0l16l9l0l235l1234l5.3.2l10l0&q=sandal%20gap%20toes&spell=1&sa=X
-------------------------------------------

This image similar to you?

Either way... if you have some health insurance and it's bothering you in any way, why not go get it checked out?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:20:54 PM by Stefanie » Logged

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »

Toes have always been this way, not a recent development.  No pain at all.  It is normalcy if you will.  That image is very much like, if not exactly what I am talking about except that my toes do not spread themselves out that far, unles that was done in the photo for dramatic affect.  I think my nieces 's toes may splay like that though.  Mine are definitely closer together.  I was refering to the depth of the slit rather than the space between the toes, if you get what I mean.  The slit between toe 2 and 3 is not nearly as deep as the other toes and in the case of my niece, she would rub on the toe pocket if she tried to wear VFFS because hers is even more severe.  Coincidentally, my pinky toe hugs its neighboring toe also like your picture indicates.  It used to bother me in my KSOs, but I have since adapted.  So what exactly was that picture attempting to display?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:23:53 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »

Here is another pic with my best attempt at toe splay.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »

That image that I posted was just from a google search.

I know you said it is not webbed toes, but to me it looks like a very very slight case of it. I misred your post originally, sorry for confusion.

After googling some more.. my un-professional opinion is very slight case of syndactyly (webbed toes) =)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:15:35 AM by Stefanie » Logged

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
jayesel

jayesel is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 12:54:41 AM »

I agree with Stefanie. I'm no doctor, but that is what it looks like. A slight case of Syndactyly.

Size 40 - Grey/Palm KSO's, Grey/Camo KSO's, & Black/Black KSO's (a little on the tight side), Blue/Black Komodosport, Red/Black Komodosport LS.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 01:39:46 PM »

It is odd that it only affects those two toes.  My Niece has it in the exact same spot, only more severe than I do.  Thankfully I can still wear VFFS comfortably.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: