BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 23, 2014, 06:21:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: For the fashion conscious  (Read 2400 times)
blackatom

blackatom is a new face.

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »

When not working out, what do you wear with your VFF's?  I'm curious how well the black or brown trek's do with jeans and such.  The place I work at is fairly casual, an I may be able to pull it off.  The more I run in Bikilas, the more I hate shoes.
« on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:40 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »

I usually wear a pair of blue or black jeans along with my black KSOs.  Too bad I can't wear them at work -- wouldn't go well with a dress shirt and tie -- so I have to settle for wearing Earth Shoes.

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »

Pretty much anything - shorts, skirts, pants... but it does tend to be on the sporty-outdoorsy end of things.  I wear sandals or low flats when I have to actually dress up.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
BigR

BigR is starting to look familiar.BigR is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »

My Brown Treks look really good with jeans and a t-shirt even my palm/grey KSOs look good in jeans but here in florida i tend to wear shorts a lot and I'll usually wear my sprints or classics for the free foot tan

"The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot."
I want to smother the guy who said we need arch support...
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 07:54:35 PM »

jcarneytx

jcarneytx is starting to look familiar.jcarneytx is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:49 AM »

I guess I'm lucky: sittin' in cubicle in camo cargo shorts (cargo shorts being about the only thing I wear these days), my brown treks and a t-shirt from Threadless.com ("sad psycho" if yer wonderin').
JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »

When not working out, what do you wear with your VFF's?  I'm curious how well the black or brown trek's do with jeans and such.  The place I work at is fairly casual, an I may be able to pull it off.  The more I run in Bikilas, the more I hate shoes.

Well lets see... ANYTHING you would normally wear when not working out. 
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:08:13 AM »

Matching different colors VFF's with my clothes is very fun indeed. With jeans you can wear almost any model looking good, you just have to choose a matching upper (t-shirt/pull-over/etc). Of course, you need more than one pair before you are in trouble choosing between different colors. Brown or black are very safe of course.
Jessekuhs

Jessekuhs is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 10:23:21 AM »

I have the mauve classics and black KSOs - lets just get that out in the open first Smiley

Until my HR department put the kibosh on my wearing of VFFs to work (yesterday) - except for casual Friday, I pretty much wore whatever with either pair of VFFs.  A pretty, flowery skirt and girlie shirt w/ the Classics, Capris/Gauchos w/ the KSOs.  I'm a fashionista Smiley 

Now I suppose I'll go buy some shoes, but I will still pair my VFFs with whatever I feel like wearing - shorts/skirts/pants/whatever! 

Jessica
South Shore, Massachusetts
New to VFFs and loving them!
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 12:53:56 PM »

I have brown treks and wear them most days at work with jeans.  I also wear my classics with jeans in a more casual setting (with T shirts).  I do not wear my treks with shorts though, it just looks a bit odd to me.  If I am wearing shorts it is classics/barefooted or foot coffins. 
gryllus

gryllus is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 05:31:46 AM »

T-shirt, shorts or a skirt (denim  or a sporty/board type), and I will be quite happy to wear them even with a tie-dye dress (when weather permits) - obviously I am female :-)
I noticed that, from a distance, my black sprints look almost like flat Mary Janes.
BluNoseReindeer

BluNoseReindeer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:09:07 AM »

Well.  With some bright blue jeans  love to sport my Bright Blue Bikila's since they don't really go with any other clothes I have.  Brown treks for khakis and casual dress situations.  Red bikilas with shorts. Black KSO's with any long pants.  Classics around the house.  That's my fashion pairing with my vffs.

VFF's since May of 2010. Losing weight and loving the freedom the shoes bring.
Go_Blue

Go_Blue is a new face.

Barefooting it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 10:05:08 AM »

I usually wear a pair of black Sprints for most casual outings (with jeans and shorts). I also have a pair of grey/green KSOs, and actually have a green polo shirt that matches.  Grin  That's a fun combo for me. 

Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

I gave up pairing clothes to my VFFs. I guess I don't care anymore. What really goes with grey and fuschia KSOs anyway?

Black classics on the other hand are a no brainer.
Yeti

Yeti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 06:23:29 AM »

Speeds with jeans look great.
valleygirl

valleygirl is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 11:41:51 AM »

I guess I'm only half transitioned.  I LOVE my new VFFs for running and am pretty sure I'll never buy another actual running "shoe"....but I still love my heels and sandals.  Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: